K-Pop Thread: GFRIEND to Reunite for 10th Anniversary

Ryan

If Jennie is going to KCON that would actually be great for her brand. 

If she wants a serious solo career she needs to rebuild her image in the Kpop community and be regarded as a great performer.

She can manage a few ft streaming hits but she’ll never be taken seriously if she’s seen as an exclusive pop girlie who barely performes and when she does it’s using a single mitochondria. 

It’s the edge Lisa has on her. Everyone and their mothers would watch her perform. And she’s continuing to build her reputation through performances WW. 

Edited by Gaia
  • Confused 1

• Replies 65.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• Xalric

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

Jennie in KCON is so random at this point of her career.

Like I would rather see her at the Grammys or VMAs (even just attending).

I mean…it’s an international gig. It’s not some regular regular LA KCON. :michael:

6 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

Jennie in KCON is so random at this point of her career.

Like I would rather see her at the Grammys or VMAs (even just attending).

The thing is KCON was a huge thing for YG pre-2014, when they fell off. GD launched 2 eras there, one of them where he brought Missy Elliott.

There was a time where acts used to perform not released yet song and by the time the show would air, the single or album would be out.

1 minute ago, Gaia said:

If Jennie is going to KCON that would actually be great for her brand. 

If she wants a serious solo career she needs to rebuild her image in the Kpop community and be regarded as a great performer.

She can manage a few ft streaming hits but she’ll never be taken seriously if she’s seen as an exclusive pop girlie who barely performes and when she does it’s using a single mitochondria. 

It’s the edge Lisa has on her. Everyone and their mothers would watch her perform.

See, you get it.

i really don’t see a downside to her appearing, she will be their biggest act and the headliner. She’s starting her solo journey so she has to get out there and WORK.

shes not performing at some local state fair lmaoo it’s the biggest Kpop festival there is, what’s the issue?

• Like 1

why is Jennie lowering herself to KCON? this is in no way good for her.

she doesnt need to "rebrand" herself as a performer, we already know she can go hard when it counts.

maybe YG had a point with the 0 activity

14 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

she doesnt need to "rebrand" herself as a performer, we already know she can go hard when it counts.

maybe YG had a point with the 0 activity

"when it counts" is killing me

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

Or is it KCON raising itself to Jennie?  The CJ Group gave the Lakers $100M to put a Bibigo logo on their jerseys for the branding.  They could be using Jennie to raise the profile of KCON into a premier music festival so they can charge more to offset increasing costs.

:cm:

what we're not gonna do is pretend Jennie is above gracing other top kpop groups with her presence just cause she's on a popular song with the Weeknd

britney-12.gif

24 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

Or is it KCON raising itself to Jennie?  The CJ Group gave the Lakers $100M to put a Bibigo logo on their jerseys for the branding.  They could be using Jennie to raise the profile of KCON into a premier music festival so they can charge more to offset increasing costs.

:cm:

I've been saying, Kpop Coachella would be such a no brainer in the west. I hope they're moving in that direction :giraffe:

8 minutes ago, Butters said:

what we're not gonna do is pretend Jennie is above gracing other top kpop groups with her presence just cause she's on a popular song with the Weeknd

britney-12.gif

girl has like 2 terrible songs... who do they think she is

Edited by Tomek

5 minutes ago, Butters said:

britney-12.gif

she already above that bar before the weeknd collab s:wan:

2 hours ago, illia said:

Invented dozens :jonny5:

Sis still looks terrified after 6 years of her career.

How is Jennie, a kpop artist lowering herself by performing at a kpop festival? The biggest one at that??

y’all doing too much.

• Like 1

lock me up and throw away the key... he knows how to get the best outta me... im no fools for the world to see, trade my my whole life just to be! :alexz:

what is she gonna sing, that's my question

11 minutes ago, Butters said:

britney-12.gif

miss thing was a coachella headliner and on the biggest world tour by an asian/kpop act ever even before the weeknd collab

she is above kcon

britney-12.gif

Anyways…streets are saying Taylor is announcing “Reputation TV” at or after the GRANMYs tonight. Wouldn’t it be a gag if the Pinks are indeed on “Ready For It” like rumors were circling around and also the fact that the AI cover was taken down by Taylor’s people

i know I’m clowning, but could you imagine?!

If you would have told me GFriend's rebranded trio would have a hit in 2024 because of Umji I would have spat in your face :jonny: 

She really said "This is my time to shine" :jonny: 

-

14 minutes ago, Butters said:

britney-12.gif

I really can't stand BTS/BP fans always acting like they're above Kpop. Especially when said person who "is too good" has...2 songs as a main credit

britney-12.gif

"She headlined coachella and biggest WT by an Asian act"

I don't recall Jennie headlining Coachella and having a WT. I'm curious how she'd do that with 2 songs tho!

britney-12.gif

4 minutes ago, Tomek said:

what is she gonna sing, that's my question

depending on when it is, should could premiere her new song there, we already know she’s shooting something because of the leaks of the set. plus she’ll clearly do “Solo” + “ You & Me”

3 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

miss thing was a coachella headliner and on the biggest world tour by an asian/kpop act ever even before the weeknd collab

she is above kcon

britney-12.gif

If G-Dragon can perform at KCON, so can Jennie. She’s not above it

2 hours ago, fauxtography said:

YOUR BRAIN 

bbibbi is one of the best songs ever and perfect for queen jeongyeon 

I know sis, a lot of people overlook queen Jeongyeon, so they ask stupid questions like “what would she do going solo?” ….but I know what sound and image exactly would be perfect for her based on her talent and personality and strengths since she’s been one of my faves in the group for a long time. 

4 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

she is above kcon

britney-12.gif

Well its Jennie Kim, songstress of 1 promoted solo song 6 years ago, not BP at KCON. 

britney-12.gif 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.