K-Pop Thread: GFRIEND to Reunite for 10th Anniversary

Ryan

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

aespa has 2 lead vocalists already and they're some of the best lead vocals in the industry, their names are Giselle and Karina.

So sorry for you all that they aren't a typical idol group with singers that can't actually sing and as such dont fit into this nomenclature the way you would like.  :deadbanana4:

By definition Winter and Karina fits the bill as Lead more than Giselle as the lead often sing the base of the song. But Winter also fit the bill of a main vocalist as she often sing the most intricate/challenging parts of the songs with Ning Ning. To be honest there is nothing wrong to share the main and lead position. As a fan of another GG when they are on tour and will have to do all those high notes and even singing long parts, if you want them to avoid lipsyncing most of them, let's them share. 

• Replies 66.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• Xalric

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, CrisPop said:

If she or any other BP went then it would have been really sus as everyone from YG including 1TYM, Big Mamma and Swi.T went

Whatever happened to the light breeze Somi, the way she was talking I thought Ice Cream was just the first part of her release for the year... :matty:

Upcoming legends supporting other legends :clap3:

——————

And haters still wonder why they are the Kpop group who gets invited to all of these big events in the US

Edited by Pluto6

Huh I thought 2ne1 and Blackpink were lifelong enemies :celestial5:

I guess not!

Just now, illia said:

Huh I thought 2ne1 and Blackpink were lifelong enemies :celestial5:

I guess not! 

Just in the blinks mind. To this day they still think that when Dara came to pick CL up to the airport was a shade to BP. 

56 minutes ago, Xalric said:

By definition Winter and Karina fits the bill as Lead more than Giselle as the lead often sing the base of the song. But Winter also fit the bill of a main vocalist as she often sing the most intricate/challenging parts of the songs with Ning Ning. To be honest there is nothing wrong to share the main and lead position. As a fan of another GG when they are on tour and will have to do all those high notes and even singing long parts, if you want them to avoid lipsyncing most of them, let's them share. 

Giselle has been singing lead parts on the chorus since Black Mamba and has possibly the most consistent live vocals in the group. Without SM favoritism or the Japanese name she would have been called a lead vocal in any other 4th gen gg, she's technically more capable than several main vocals.:grump:

Giselle and Winter are often disregarded as weaker than their counterparts in Karina and Ning respectively but both have notably better breath control and on the rare occasions that aespa have microphones that are turned on prove why theyre equals. 

They're actually a very well balanced group vocally in a way that GGs rarely are. Ningning is technically the best in the group by far and well above average for main vocals but can fall apart in intense stages + the group would be missing something without minjeongs iconic piercing screams. :giraffe:

Edited by Sheep

2 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Giselle has been singing lead parts on the chorus since Black Mamba and has possibly the most consistent live vocals in the group. Without SM favoritism or the Japanese name she would have been called a lead vocal in any other 4th gen gg, she's technically more capable than several main vocals.:grump:

Giselle and Winter are often disregarded as weaker than their counterparts in Karina and Ning respectively but both have notably better breath control and on the rare occasions that aespa have microphones that are turned on prove why theyre equals. 

They're actually a very well balanced group vocally in a way that GGs rarely are. Ningning is technically the best in the group by far and well above average for main vocals but can fall apart in intense stages + the group would be missing something without minjeongs iconic piercing screams. :giraffe:

I didn't say by abilities or capacity, but by direct line distributions parts.

1 minute ago, Xalric said:

I didn't say by abilities or capacity, but by direct line distributions parts.

At that point it's just up to popularity and Queenqueen may as well join the rappers that never rap line next to Aeri  :psyduck:

:suburban:

Jennie and Taeyeon both being allowed in at a 2NE1 concert has to be some kind of psychological abuse by YHS. That or the baddest female is suddenly a girls girl :deadbanana2:

well it's over

hoping the october (?) comeback rumors are true :heart2:

2NE1 is such a legendary group, like the grip they have on other idols and how they get so starstruck whenever they see them.

I always get goosebumps whenever I watch their 2015 MAMA performance, where no one knew that they were actually going to perform, and then surprised everyone and how they the other idols reacted to their performance.
The way the energy and aura of the event complete changed once 2NE1 appeared, like you can just tell that they are THOSE GIRLS!! :jonny:

The way Miss Sandara Park's entrance was so epic with her iconic "come baby baby" line playing in the background, like the goosebumps I always get:DWAS:

Edited by Pluto6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.