K-Pop Thread: GFRIEND to Reunite for 10th Anniversary

Ryan

I actually like most of Armageddon (album). :michael:

The songs on their own are fine, the problem is that is not sonically cohesive. Maybe that is why I enjoy the songs the most when I listen to them in a playlist. 

• Replies 65.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• Xalric

Top Posters In This Topic

SM just doesn't waste good songs on album tracks anymore (unless you're Red Velvet)

basically if it's not getting a music video or music show promo, you're getting a 4/10 song from the "damn, here…" pile

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

I tried so hard to love the album when it was released but it just didn't click with me. i'm used with messy sm albums because its always been this way since snsd and all the nct albums are literally like this but the songs are just not that good sadly

aespa have made their point that they can do variety of genres in 1 album with armageddon album, drama and my world minis. I really hope from now on they focus on releasing skipless concept albums like savage cause they're literally top 3 of the most exciting kpop artists right now

right… aespa have so much potential but SM is ruining it with their cheap demos and lazy tracklisting it's making me insane 😭

A reminder MY WORLD is aespa's best mini, NO SKIPS at all.

Armageddon album is full of skips indeed. That's why the Parallel Line tour felt like a chore to get through. Everyone agrees the setlist was a chop.:rip:  Them even removing Illusion and aenergy in the later shows with no replacement was unjustifiable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

SM just doesn't waste good songs on album tracks anymore (unless you're Red Velvet)

basically if it's not getting a music video or music show promo, you're getting a 4/10 song from the "damn, here…" pile

spacer.png

this is why the RIIZE album was bop after bop btw, 5 out of the 8 songs were singles :gaygacat6:

the only real turds were those two OneDirection demo b-sides

spacer.png

1 hour ago, BlackAura said:

Need Jennifer to gather some of her sons (Hyein, Hanni, NingNing, Yuna and others) and make them star in a MV or smth.

spacer.png

Twitter is so full of cupcake kpop stans I'm surprised mys are panning the album (rightfully so)

For me, aespa has always felt more like a "singles artist," delivering really strong title tracks, but their b-sides often come across as filler, meant to support the title track rather than having b-sides standing out on their own

Edited by Pluto6

12 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

wait the acclaim :clap3:

where's the whole list, we need to find out why Taeyong or Baekhyun are not #1

the rest of the top 3 better be Tap and Bambi

spacer.png

Armageddon is a great album. It's not aespa's problem if they have the talent and range to pull off multiple genres and styles.

It's ironic because in the past aespa was dragged for "pots and pans" yet now they're being dragged because the whole album didn't sound like Savage etc. and vague terms like "it's not cohesive" are being thrown around, because they didn't just put out a list of samey demos.

Their titles stick to their overall concept, but the full album was a great way to show what else they can do, in ways and concepts that wouldn't necessarily work as a title track/comeback. Whether that is pop/rock, ballads or bubblegum pop, it's a showcase of the group, which is a great way to handle a first full length project. They can then focus on whatever specific concepts or sounds fit them more in future projects.

When the whole group is charismatic and can sing like aespa, you don't want to necessarily restrict them into one box. 

• Like 2

:gayorkcat2: SM and aespa not giving **** about cohesive albums and I'm all here for the tears.

Savage was a fluke, My World outsold >>>>> 

Edited by Odette Violet

1 minute ago, Zack said:

Armageddon is a great album. It's not aespa's problem if they have the talent and range to pull off multiple genres and styles.

It's ironic because in the past aespa was dragged for "pots and pans" yet now they're being dragged because the whole album didn't sound like Savage etc. and vague terms like "it's not cohesive" are being thrown around, because they didn't just put out a list of samey demos.

Their titles stick to their overall concept, but the full album was a great way to show what else they can do, in ways and concepts that wouldn't necessarily work as a title track/comeback. Whether that is pop/rock, ballads or bubblegum pop, it's a showcase of the group, which is a great way to handle a first full length project. They can then focus on whatever specific concepts or sounds fit them more in future projects.

When the whole group is charismatic and can sing like aespa, you don't want to necessarily restrict them into one box. 

:clap3:right? weren't the girls said that this is the album they have the most input like they genuinely loves the process doing it

their so called fans / music critic needs to move on and leave those fluke album in 2021 or find other groups to stan 

4 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

:clap3:right? weren't the girls said that this is the album they have the most input like they genuinely loves the process doing it

their so called fans / music critic needs to move on and leave those fluke album in 2021 or find other groups to stan 

I just think the whole multiverse concept of the album flew over most people's heads 

(Or in the case of haters, they don't care and are just looking for any excuse to drag)

That was the whole point of showing different "channels" in the teasers and why they called the track videos "Universe" which I actually wish they had done more of.

The album is giving windows into different worlds/sounds/concepts on each track and like I said I think that's a really cool concept for a first full album as it allowed them to play around with different sounds and ideas while still fitting in with their overall image and showcasing the group.

Besides I think MY WORLD > anyway but their albums in general are not the "filler full" albums people claim them to be. Within SM, unfortunately SNSD's Korean albums really do truly fit that tag.

Edited by Zack

nobodys dragging armageddon because it wasnt cohesive, they're dragging it because it was full of low-effort filler to pad the track listing enough to call it an "album"

spacer.png

• Like 2

So PSY is trying to kill the kids, Junhyeok revealed that the acrobatics part of their introduction stage was added last minute and Sungjun and Hyunsoo got hurt a lot cause they had to learn how to backflip for it. Which is why Hyunsoo put his hands while doing it.

But now we know they are not winning the show. Junhyeok and Hwi already spilled the tea on the show...

They knew theme of the songs and and all they just don't know the challenge, they also have the list of song they could and couldn't cover.

1 minute ago, Xalric said:

So PSY is trying to kill the kids, Junhyeok revealed that the acrobatics part of their introduction stage was added last minute and Sungjun and Hyunsoo got hurt a lot cause they had to learn how to backflip for it. Which is why Hyunsoo put his hands while doing it.

But now we know they are not winning the show. Junhyeok and Hwi already spilled the tea on the show...

They knew theme of the songs and and all they just don't know the challenge, they also have the list of song they could and couldn't cover.

Pay might be trying to kill them but at least they got to debut

wonder how JYP LOUD is doing

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Zack said:

I just think the whole multiverse concept of the album flew over most people's heads 

(Or in the case of haters, they don't care and are just looking for any excuse to drag)

That was the whole point of showing different "channels" in the teasers and why they called the track videos "Universe" which I actually wish they had done more of.

The album is giving windows into different worlds/sounds/concepts on each track and like I said I think that's a really cool concept for a first full album as it allowed them to play around with different sounds and ideas while still fitting in with their overall image and showcasing the group.

Besides I think MY WORLD > anyway but their albums in general are not the "filler full" albums people claim them to be. Within SM, unfortunately SNSD's Korean albums really do truly fit that tag.

I mean outside of the concept and giving the girls a chance to showcase their talents, can you genuinely say Long Chat, Prologue, Melody, Licorice, Live My Life, and Mine are good songs?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.