K-Pop Thread: GFRIEND to Reunite for 10th Anniversary

Ryan

The girlies killed it, but k-pop performances are so awkward without proper camerawork :rip:

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• Xalric

Top Posters In This Topic

If the gorls are gonna keep performing on western shows they should really adapt their performances to fit better with the way western shows are shot

when they copy+paste the same performance that they'd give on a Korean music show it always looks awkward as hell

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VelvetCrush said:

The way kpop idols and western singers perform is just different. Kpop idols train to perform the choreography looking good for cameras that's why one bad camera work and the performance fades away. Western singers learn to perform to showcase vocals, concept and also make a connection with the crowd. Not saying all kpop idols are bad but it's a different set of skills and that's why a lot of their performances look good on music shows then not that much in award shows.

And it became worst post COVID with online concert and Public less performances. 

1 hour ago, VelvetCrush said:

Oh Lia's performing Born to Be and Mr. Vampire... praying for her knees hope she practiced a lot during hiatus :worship2:

Wait until she comes back. Maybe she rubbed them knees in tiger balm and learn how to dance dance.

Edited by Xalric
  • Like 1

EMERGENCY ALERT WHERE IS THE OTHER KANG DANIEL STAN IN THIS THREAD???!!?!?

Collab with Miss Chungha we're about to EAT:WAP:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Do you think Tower of God OST will be their japanese comeback of the year and there will be a physical release?

I don't think we'll be getting a Japanese physical release this year. If they were planning one, they probably would've teased it by now, especially since the year is almost over. Plus, there's the "special album," which JYPE reports have referred to as a "best album," scheduled for release later this year.

It's also the first time since their 2020 debut in Japan that they haven't released a physical album there.

Overall, this seems to be the year they've released the fewest songs in their entire career.

Edited by Pluto6
  • Like 1

at least Crazy doesn't have any parts where half the members just stand awkwardly on the side of the stage when it's not their part, it was at its worst during COVID when groups were literally *just* performing for whatever could be seen in the camera frame, but there are still some vestigial pieces remaining

Stray Kids did it last year on the VMAs and they looked a fool

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, DanyelP23 said:

EMERGENCY ALERT WHERE IS THE OTHER KANG DANIEL STAN IN THIS THREAD???!!?!?

Collab with Miss Chungha we're about to EAT:WAP:

KING DANIEL COMEBACK??????

apparently it was announced 2 weeks ago??? where was the noise?????????

51 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

So Big Hit is giving us Yeonjun solo… when is JYPoop giving us Han solo????????? 

I swear to god if they give us a Changbin/Felix/Hyunjin/Christopher solo instead…

spacer.png

3Racha are definitely getting their solos first before anyone else. 

I think the solo debut order will be:

1. Bang Chan
  2. Han
  3. Changbin
  4. Felix
  5. Hyunjin
  6. Seungmin
  7. I.N
Spoiler

***Somehow a miracle happens***

8. Lee Know

Edited by Pluto6

45 minutes ago, UrMom said:

The girlies killed it, but k-pop performances are so awkward without proper camerawork :rip:

Wow the fans were so loud! Happy for the girls are girling

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joseline said:

Aww Taehyung celebrating Layover's anniversary

GXRfBOXaEAAj6f6?format=jpg&name=large

GXM0xEQWkAAzuJU?format=jpg&name=large

He and Min HeeJin have done such a good job on this album:clap3: I know Bang Pd was fuming when he rather picked her over him:hippo:

Edited by TheCal
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

1. Woojin
  2. Bang Chan
  3. Han
  4. Changbin
  5. Felix
  6. Hyunjin
  7. Seungmin
  8. I.N
  Reveal hidden contents

***Somehow a miracle happens***

8. Lee Know

fixed your solo debut list

730Q.gif

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TheCal said:

fixed your solo debut list

730Q.gif

Woojin was only a member of SKZ for 19 months which is only about 1,5 years out of the 6 years SKZ have been active. He was never actually a part of the success SKZ had, since he left 1 comeback before the group blew up with God's Menu.

He's not the Jessica y'all want him to be, let it go

730Q.gif

Edited by Pluto6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

at least Crazy doesn't have any parts where half the members just stand awkwardly on the side of the stage when it's not their part, it was at its worst during COVID when groups were literally *just* performing for whatever could be seen in the camera frame, but there are still some vestigial pieces remaining

Stray Kids did it last year on the VMAs and they looked a fool

spacer.png

I hate when choreographies have that :skull: it basically fails to acknowledge that one day that song will be performed at a concert where fans can see all of the stage

5 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

Woojin was only a member of SKZ for 19 months which is only about 1,5 years out of the 6 years SKZ have been active. He was never actually a part of the success SKZ had, since he left 1 comeback before the group blew up with God's Menu.

He's not the Jessica y'all want him to be, let it go

730Q.gif

• Haha 1

@Gorjesspazze9

I've noticed in Sooyoung's interviews that you have been posting in here, that she often seems to express a desire for more spotlight in her SNSD days, whether it's more lines, center positions, or other opportunities (and rightfully so), then what SM actually gave her? It's interesting to see idols like her openly talk about how they felt overlooked by their companies, especially since a lot of Kpop fans tend to justify it by saying things like, "If they wanted more lines, they could've just asked the company"  etc.

• Like 1

nvm let me help you manifest a comeback for them @youresotoxic what a queen:clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pluto6 said:

@Gorjesspazze9

I've noticed in Sooyoung's interviews that you have been posting in here, that she often seems to express a desire for more spotlight in her SNSD days, whether it's more lines, center positions, or other opportunities (and rightfully so), then what SM actually gave her? It's interesting to see idols like her openly talk about how they felt overlooked by their companies, especially since a lot of Kpop fans tend to justify it by saying things like, "If they wanted more lines, they could've just asked the company"  etc.

Yep. It a long running joke in the fandom, back in the day she got legit like 3 second lines. Lol

she and Tiffany have stated many times she wanted SNSD To write more and produce as far back as 2010. And they did, but most of their lyrics and songs were declined. Only a few time did they squeeze out a few songs they made themselves onto thier albums like Hoot & Sailing 9th anniversary song. Just shows how trash SM is when their primer group wants to showcase more of thier talent but are blocked by thier own label. :deadvision:

one thing I like about 3rd & 4th Gen is how active they are in the music process, instead of being forced to be a product of a group of business executives. I'm so hyped for her solo album in a few weeks, so she can showcase her music style and voice without the SM restraints 

• Like 1

I'm so sad they dropped this greeting

It may not fit their lore anymore but it was so cute

• Like 1

do yall think Wonbin gets paid on a per-armpit-picture basis?

literally every day we get a new Wonbin pit post on the official RIIZE socials… does he have a laser removal brand ambassadorship? Gillette? Nair?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Yep. It a long running joke in the fandom, back in the day she got legit like 3 second lines. Lol

she and Tiffany have stated many times she wanted SNSD To write more and produce as far back as 2010. And they did, but most of their lyrics and songs were declined. Only a few time did they squeeze out a few songs they made themselves onto thier albums like Hoot & Sailing 9th anniversary song. Just shows how trash SM is when their primer group wants to showcase more of thier talent but are blocked by thier own label. :deadvision:

one thing I like about 3rd & 4th Gen is how active they are in the music process, instead of being forced to be a product of a group of business executives. I'm so hyped for her solo album in a few weeks, so she can showcase her music style and voice without the SM restraints 

SM mostly focused on the vocal line + YooN/A while the rest of the dance line were sidelined especially Hyoyeon :weeps: 

Like don't get me started on  my favorite member Hyoyeon cause the girl barely had any lines, screen time and center moments, and was hidden most of the time during choreos :weeps: Mother deserved better

Like how do you have a song called "Dancing Queen" and end up giving the actual dancing queen only 2 seconds of lines? :weeps:

voyezten-hyoyeon.gif

Edited by Pluto6

At least mother is thriving in her solo career today :clap3:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.