K-Pop Thread: GFRIEND to Reunite for 10th Anniversary

Ryan

Girls' Generation is the only Nations Girl Group. Yall faves can fight over made up titles by random western Stan's. :hippo:

• Like 2

• Replies 65.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• Xalric

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, CrisPop said:

We need the og international gg back. Where are they?

I still don't know what JYP is doing with this group. But I actually like this song now after the constant TikTok spams my algorithm was forcing down my throat last month. 

local stans wish to have the global achievements Blackpink has cant blame the others for being pressed and bitter. 

3 hours ago, Rainy Devil said:

So are you telling me that casual listeners, as you all claimed last year, stopped streaming NewJeans new music because of the HYBE thing?

You really think the average people cared to the extent of not streaming their new music?

If people were truly turned off by the whole scandal, then why ILLIT was not affected in KR or in the global charts?

The public was more in favor of MHJ in KR but we still see the ILLIT song having longevity over there. 

cupid chart great on spotify didnt make them bigger than nj. illit is as faceless as 5050.

Watch the rest of kpop copy mhj next japanese come back, release kr version of japanese singles. There were plenty of groups release every mv for songs of the album but mhj is the first one successful promote every song of the album. After nj debut litterally every group try to make 2nd single, 3rd single happen

Edited by 1qazx

22 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I still don't know what JYP is doing with this group. But I actually like this song now after the constant TikTok spams my algorithm was forcing down my throat last month. 

The big problem of JYP with their GG is trying so hard for hits when they should build big fanbases. 

Like Twice is the main example, they have the fanbase to be one of the biggest touring force, even competing with Boy groups.

Like they should aim the same for Vcha.

• Like 1

The flops kinda snapped that one time :katie2:

14 minutes ago, 1qazx said:

cupid chart great on spotify didnt make them bigger than nj. illit is as faceless as 5050.

Watch the rest of kpop copy mhj next japanese come back, release kr version of japanese singles. There were plenty of groups release every mv for songs of the album but mhj is the first one successful promote every song of the album. After nj debut litterally every group try to make 2nd single, 3rd single happen

:bibliahh:

I'm sorry but 2nd ~3rd singles off one album have been a thing way before the New Jennies girlies were even born lol, it's just that not everyone could pull it off so people stopped doing it specially in 3rd gen lol, and considering album sales in gen 2 were very very low, promoting a new single was expensive unless the song basically startes smashing on its own or you were a very big group. 

Also, korean version of japanese/chinese releases have been a thing for a while, you guys literally think Min Heejin invented everything when she can't make New Jeans have a song that doesn't sound literally the same every single time:rip:

• Like 2

Daily reminder SNSD has global and domestic appeal for longer then some groups been active:allears: not everyone has that 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Xalric said:

The big problem of JYP with their GG is trying so hard for hits when they should build big fanbases. 

Like Twice is the main example, they have the fanbase to be one of the biggest touring force, even competing with Boy groups.

Like they should aim the same for Vcha.

The thing is you can't build a fan base off a mediocre sound like Vcha's so far, you either release quality or release niche noisy music like SK or FlopMixx. Vcha is releasing the most basic girl group music ever, like not even Little Mix would dare to release those kind of songs.

• Haha 1

Mark taste :allears:

Also give a stream to this one  :heart:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MusicFan98 said:

:bibliahh:

I'm sorry but 2nd ~3rd singles off one album have been a thing way before the New Jennies girlies were even born lol, it's just that not everyone could pull it off so people stopped doing it specially in 3rd gen lol, and considering album sales in gen 2 were very very low, promoting a new single was expensive unless the song basically startes smashing on its own or you were a very big group. 

Also, korean version of japanese/chinese releases have been a thing for a while, you guys literally think Min Heejin invented everything when she can't make New Jeans have a song that doesn't sound literally the same every single time:rip:

no one said nj was the first one do it but they are the first one in very long time successful with it. name any other album that release kr version at the same time with japanese. mhj doesnt invent thing but she makes things used to be popular popular again. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, 1qazx said:

There are groups who have release a korean version of a japanese single before. One example I can think of is SNSD with Mr. Taxi.

As for promoting every song of an album has already happened too. We saw 2NE1 with their 2nd mini do that, in which all the songs received a video and became top 10 hits. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Daily reminder SNSD has global and domestic appeal for longer then some groups been active:allears: not everyone has that 

**** SM. we really that World Tour 

The fact they occupied half of the highest grossing girl groups concerts of all time without even touring huge stadiums or outside of Asia, they were that INSANE :clap3:

Their brand recognition 17 years in is still going strong :clap3:

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

There are groups who have release a korean version of a japanese single before. One example I can think of is SNSD with Mr. Taxi.

As for promoting every song of an album has already happened too. We saw 2NE1 with their 2nd mini do that, in which all the songs received a video and became top 10 hits. 

all of those are 2nd gen which was 10 years ago.

:party: nice to see a girl group doing this well at this point of their career 

SNSD, Apink now Red Velvet 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Odette Violet said:

**** SM. we really that World Tour 

The fact they occupied half of the Hhghest grossing girl groups concerts of all time without even touring huge stadiums or outside of Asia, they were that INSANE :clap3:

Their brand recognition 17 years in is still going strong :clap3:

SNSD being the reason any of these groups can even tour outside of Asia. I'm gonna need these kids to stop and look up who broke down the China, Japan, and U.S. market in the first place. It's SMTown ***** 👏

• Like 1

A BOP IS ON THE WAY! EXPRESS MAIL

1 minute ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

SNSD being the reason any of these groups can even tour outside of Asia. I'm gonna need these kids to stop and look up who broke down the China, Japan, and U.S. market in the first place. It's SMTown ***** 👏

Well they were basically #1 Girl Group in the biggest Asian markets ( Japan, China + support from SEA and being the default GG in korea )

like they could prolly crossover in the west nicely if the market was a lot more bigger and the reception for Kpop or asian acts was kinda better,  not that it's great now  but still 

Kelly was shook lol 

• Like 2

Just now, 1qazx said:

all of those are 2nd gen which was 10 years ago.

All of those show there is a precedent.

How come if another group does it now is copying but if NewJeans does it is not copying. :rip:

That is a release tactic that happens like every generation. Not sure why it should be something only one group can do or own. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry to say, but I think SM is over Red Velvet. This mini was uneventful to say the least, absolutely nothing really stuck out to me

its clear SM is just giving them songs to record for the sake of having a comeback, the rollout, the members throwing shade at SM. They really phoned this mini in. The title track is just okay, I expected better and why are all the songs mellow and moody, it's summertime! The girls and gays wanna shake ass! Where are the "Red Flavor" and "You Betta Know"'s?!

it's clear they're being pushed aside for their new money makers Aespa and focusing on the new girl group

i really love "Night Drive" tho. That's the only song that connected with me

7 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

It's SMTown ***** 👏

gurlll :hoetenks:

• Haha 2

No lies told. Korea put a stamp on it. BABYMONSTER leaders of 5th gen :clap3:

• Haha 5

I ask for a barbiecore, not  bearcore Taeyeon

:clack:

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.