K-Pop Thread: GFRIEND to Reunite for 10th Anniversary

Ryan

5 minutes ago, Panda17 said:

Are you really pretending nothing happened with them and the last two releases were done in a normal scenario?

95% of the international fans hate MHJ and the girls siding with her made them lose a lot of support. It's not rocket science. Only time will tell if they can bounce back or not. 

bounce back from what? newjeans are doing great

they're not doing blackpink numbers anymore but they're still above literally all kpop artists and groups sans BTS & BLACKPINK

• Replies 65.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• Xalric

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to admit the new BABYMONSTER song sounds like its gonna bop 

8 minutes ago, katyberry said:

I feel like international fans won't like it as much since it sounds too kpop 

but who knows

Love it already :WAP:

Some users here were having meltdowns because the companies behind their faves weren't doing their jobs properly now they are having meltdowns because Ador is doing its best to make Japanese releases more appealing.

It's just like the playlisting narrative. 90% of songs inside the same playlists Newjeans is in are there to be promoted because this is how playlists work nowadays. The fact the other groups don't receive the same attention from their companies is not Newjeans' fault because isn't like these big companies didn't have connections, money, or whatever they need to do the same as Ador. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackAura said:

Oh... I know Babymonster are about to eat that BP demo..... but the MV concept is Ive i Am copy to me. :clack:

isnt bp demo are with teddy and will be used by the TBLNGG? 

1 minute ago, MonsterNavy said:

ILLIT are nobodies be fr and those streams are proven autoplay and payola

newjeans will always be superior

Their Spotify game is not that different from the other HYBE associated GGs.

I don't even like their music or the group but I do find quite funny that you guys throw the payola accusations just to certain groups.

I do agree that HYBE can employ shady tactics to get more numbers but, at the end of the day, many labels do the same to promote their acts. :michael:

44 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

:rip: Not again

Hot mess has been promoted as a Japan single since the beginning. I'm sure most Nj listeners didn't know it'd be a Japanese debut because MHJ has never been clear with how she'll promote the 2 singles albums. 
They have a global distribution, have a Korean version, as much playlisting as other GG,they'll promote on music shows this is basically a Korean cb. This isn't the same. 

Is there rule that says that Japanese releases should not have Global distribution, playlisting (which is not much: K-pop playlists, It's a hit and pop rising basically) or music show promotions? Just because Kpop labels treat JP releases as side projects does not mean NewJeans should do the same and follow the same pattern.

MHJ said in her interview that NJ would debut in Japan but in a bit improved way and would make it more accessible for fans.

I can't believe you are claiming that we did not know it was Japanese debut lmfao. ADOR laterally focused only on that part since announcement in March and Tokyo Dome. Actually everyone thought all 4 tracks were for Japanese debut because Bubble Gum was used for JP CM and TV program theme. Rewriting history much? lol

Supernatural is Japanese debut and no Japanese person has anything negative to say about it. There were viral tweets by Jnetz praising them for incorporating 3 languages instead of having awful JP lyrics with awful grammar and pronunciation. 

No one stops your faves to do the same, btw. Stop acting like a victim every single time NewJeans does something. 

• Like 2

We need the og international gg back. Where are they?

6 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

So are you telling me that casual listeners, as you all claimed last year, stopped streaming NewJeans new music because of the HYBE thing?

You really think the average people cared to the extent of not streaming their new music?

If people were truly turned off by the whole scandal, then why ILLIT was not affected in KR or in the global charts?

The public was more in favor of MHJ in KR but we still see the ILLIT song having longevity over there. 

The Kpopper's casual listeners helped the song to go to higher positions exposing it to people out of the bubble. Without that support, you can't reach them. The shift in sound may have affected the interest too. Illit didn't lose any support internationally. Newjeans did especially after publicly supporting MHJ.

Speaking about Korea Magnetic is doing well because it was a hit before the scandal. Lucky Girl syndrome failed to chart higher and we don't know how well their first comeback will do. The fact that Newjeans has 10 songs in the top 50/60 of Korean charts shows how support makes an objective difference.

I wish the best to all the girl groups involved in that mess. 

1 hour ago, Veiko said:

Wtf is this I thought u guys said is a dance pop song but why is she giving spooky Halloween vibes? 

Summer is also synonymous for Horror movies in Korea.

1 hour ago, JonginBey said:

@Dialamba what's the problem?

spacer.png

You are telling me you don't know Gidle ? :tornado:

:khalyan2:

38 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

isnt bp demo are with teddy and will be used by the TBLNGG? 

Masta Wu the rapper behind the production/Songwriting of the song left YG in 2016.

Masta Wu is behind 2NE1: Love Is Ouch, Let's Go Party & CRUSH. He's also behind Lee Hi's It's Over & Hi Suhyun single. But his also behind BlackPink's Hope Not.

His latest production/songwriting is on V album (Rainy Days).

His last YG release was this

His latest release

Yeah Masta Wu created his own label BANA and Choice37 (YG Producer is kinda hinting to leave YG for this label).

A world of YG without Choice37, TEDDY & Kush aka the trinity of the best producers... :deadbanana4:

Edited by Xalric

KATSEYE vocals.

HYBE finally getting a good GG it seems, hope the song is good  

:pancake:

red-velvet-cosmic.gif

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Panda17 said:

The Kpopper's casual listeners helped the song to go to higher positions exposing it to people out of the bubble. Without that support, you can't reach them. The shift in sound may have affected the interest too. Illit didn't lose any support internationally. Newjeans did especially after publicly supporting MHJ.

Speaking about Korea Magnetic is doing well because it was a hit before the scandal. Lucky Girl syndrome failed to chart higher and we don't know how well their first comeback will do. The fact that Newjeans has 10 songs in the top 50/60 of Korean charts shows how support makes an objective difference.

I wish the best to all the girl groups involved in that mess. 

I don't really think the scandals affected that much those groups and their standing with casual kpop listeners. Perhaps when it comes to HYBE groups, the sense of comradery between fandoms will be the only long lasting effect. 

I'm interested to see how things will play out for ILLIT and Le Sserafim in their next come backs. I do wonder if their teams will try something different given everything that happened. 

Edited by Rainy Devil

I wonder if 2NE1 can just get the name from YG and go to Teddy for their come back. 

I don't think YHS will allow it or if Teddy has time given that he is busy with his GG. 

A come back from them would be so good but I don't want to see YHS face all over it. 

I just know he will do a video announcing the whole thing, kinda like he does with BM. 

oop

5 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

oop

BLACKPINK as the global girl group >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

other gg can compete for the local title "nation's girl group"

3 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

BLACKPINK as the global girl group >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

other gg can compete for the local title "nation's girl group"

SNSD is the one and only nation's girl group

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

I don't really think the scandals affected that much those groups and their standing with casual kpop listeners. Perhaps when it comes to HYBE groups, the sense of comradery between fandoms will be the only long lasting effect. 

I'm interested to see how things will play out for ILLIT and Le Sserafim in their next come backs. I do wonder if their teams will try something different given everything that happened. 

I wrote here that I thought Newjeans would lose international support and the controversy would affect their growth because it was clear to me. MHJ was never liked internationally so the association with HYBE helped Newjeans to captivate an audience that would never support a full MHJ group. At the moment, Newjean's success is MHJ's success and the international fans won't let her have the last laugh. Especially Armies which a part of them were always supportive of Newjeans. That's a fact. 

Newjeans comebacks are happening during and after the scandal. Everything is still extremely fresh. To me them being able to sell over 1M copies and pull off nearly 2M streams was in fact a surprise. I think their comeback at the end of the year will show the real scenario especially if new eps of that drama stop coming out and the songs have more mass appeal.

I think Illit will have massive support internationally but when it comes to Korea I'm not sure. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

You are telling me you don't know Gidle ? :tornado:

:khalyan2:

I know of that name but that's about it.

:khalyan:

the guests especially kim jaewon so hot!

en

• Like 3

which kpop boy looks like him

• Like 2

4 hours ago, youresotoxic said:

oh this BOPPPPPP @Gorjesspazze9 :jonny5::jonny5:

Why do her bangers not become Massive Smash hits anymore?:hawkeye:

I blame SM for lack of promo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.