K-Pop Thread: Nayeoncé is *the* IT-girl. Period.

Ryan

I'm so Ready for Aespa MV already:jonny5:

• Like 1

• Replies 47.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• Pluto6

I do understand the MHJ stanning tbh, atp she IS newjeans and I've already seen tons of comments saying how the group's outcome would be much of a downgrade without her

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

why are they posting a tik tok challenge for… eleven :deadbanana:

gaeul and leeseo posted one too, is it viral or something?

edit: yujin and rei did as well

They are dancing like its the first time they heard eleven since debut

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Mattheo said:

I do understand the MHJ stanning tbh, atp she IS newjeans and I've already seen tons of comments saying how the group's outcome would be much of a downgrade without her

That's not even that. You know what would be better than 1 group standing out for their creative direction, music and branding? Having MORE than 1 group standing out for their creative direction, music and branding. 

liyahsphoenix-looks.gif

I heard KWANGYA is back, that's a start.

Edited by geniecantstophypeboy

38 minutes ago, Sheegs said:

Now why did XG's daughter ended them

OMG this is a Japanese campiness at its fineness :chick2:

The girl sitting on a Lettuce leave slays

1 hour ago, illia said:

MHJ stans stop acting pretentious and above everyone for a second challenge (FAILED)

liyahsphoenix-looks.gif

Is getting kinda weird. And I'll leave it at that. 

liyahsphoenix-looks.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We stan Lee Haein in this house

Like the way all of Kiss Of Life MV are connected and we have clues of their next era in every MV

Like Born To Be XX Album was in Shh MV, Midas Touch clues were in Nobody Knows too.

45 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Maybe you forgot the messages you are replying to which show SM making a light stick with identical intentions and advert with identical graphic design than what ADOR did with NJ.

liyahsphoenix-looks.gif

Why is every boygroup called boyjeans btw?

It's almost as if they're all using the same shitty general manufacturer that operates on minimizing costs

liyahsphoenix-looks.gif

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ethereal said:

Domes already :clap3:

spacer.png

Screw SM meanwhile their flagship group for 4 years is still stuck doing the same venue :toofunny3:

Edited by Odette Violet

43 minutes ago, Mattheo said:

That's what will happen when you only have aesthetics to sell :foxaylove2:

Now where are the Teddy GG teasers at ???

liyahsphoenix-looks.gif

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, hanni said:

I agree she's not a "main pop girl" but she has the sound that has that tiktok virality right now

that being said people were eating up make you mine on tiktok but that failed to enter the hot 100. i don't know lol

Mine is a Slayyyter song y'all really just say random **** on this forum to talk and act like you know what you're talking about ijbol :ahh:

UPDATE: I got mixed up with Madison Beer I didn;t know about that song. Sorry for being shady ms hanni it was meant to be shady but I realize I'm in the wrong :gaygacat1:

Edited by lgaga1fan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ranking some of the most popular, newer girl groups by the effectiveness and distinctiveness of their branding.

(definition: branding = the activity of connecting a product with a particular name, symbol, etc. or with particular features or ideas, in order to make people recognize and want to buy it: Successful branding uses design to reinforce customers' visual memories)

S-TIER - Everyone knows their sound, their image and their mascot

Newjeans

A-TIER - Unmistakable for another group

Babymonster

Dreamcatcher

B-TIER - Several unique identifiable characteristics, but inconsistent from release to release

Gidle

StayC

Aespa

C-TIER - One trick-pony, one identifiable characteristic, that could be fleshed out a lot more

Ive

Lesserafim

D-TIER - copycat, lost the plot or never had a plot to begin with

Illit

Itzy

NMIXX

liyahsphoenix-looks.gif

Oh dear

liyahsphoenix-looks.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

On 5/4/2024 at 11:30 AM, Mitsuki said:

Seungmin :rip:

I'll believe it when I see the pics of them at the event. I don't trust Seungmin, he's a troll

IMG-2102.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Ranking some of the most popular, newer girl groups by the effectiveness and distinctiveness of their branding.

(definition: branding = the activity of connecting a product with a particular name, symbol, etc. or with particular features or ideas, in order to make people recognize and want to buy it: Successful branding uses design to reinforce customers' visual memories)

Newjeans

Babymonster

Dreamcatcher

B-TIER - Several unique identifiable characteristics, but inconsistent from release to release

Gidle

StayC

Aespa

C-TIER - One trick-pony, one identifiable characteristic, that could be fleshed out a lot more

Ive

Lesserafim

Illit

Itzy

NMIXX

liyahsphoenix-looks.gif

I would bump GIDLE Aespa into ATier pull Babymonster to BTier, also bumped IVE & LESSERAFIM to B-Tier NMIXX to CTier and Itzy to BTier

I see why MHJ is mad. I'll Pray For Them needs to be disbanded already 

1 hour ago, hallucinate said:

why are they posting a tik tok challenge for… eleven :deadbanana:

gaeul and leeseo posted one too, is it viral or something?

edit: yujin and rei did as well

They saw heya's numbers and they had to remind us they used to have hits

:clack:

• Haha 1

I can't wait until some of you learn that "mixxpop" is not a real genre and genre mixing, switch ups, etc has been a ficture of pop and rap music for decades now

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

Mine is a Slayyyter song y'all really just say random **** on this forum to talk and act like you know what you're talking about ijbol :ahh:

What are you talking about??? I think they meant Madison Beer's Make You Mine... which was very viral on tiktok yet wasn't able to get in hot100

:suburban:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Newjeans

Babymonster

Dreamcatcher

Gidle

StayC

Aespa

Ive

Lesserafim

Illit

Itzy

NMIXX

liyahsphoenix-looks.gif

You got plenty of time to write these annoying ass rankings and arguments about branding huh. That one drag race challenge made you think you're serving label A&R today :ahh:

• Haha 2

On 5/4/2024 at 2:01 PM, Mitsuki said:

Well, It's happening

So it's basically confirmed yesss

qVyQtMv.gif

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Babymonster

Sheesh is a bop but all their songs sounds like Blackpink rejects circa 2017-18. Unmistakable for another group you say?

liyahsphoenix-looks.gif

StayC

Aespa

Where have aespa been inconsistent? they should be S tier

Stayc never got off track too, they're consistently serving pretty cutesy TWICE-adjacent sister music, they should be A tier

liyahsphoenix-looks.gif

Ive

How could IVE concept be fleshed out more? It's elegant pretty girl music with bops. Do you need an IVE bunny mascot to put it in an S tier?

liyahsphoenix-looks.gif

Itzy

Opinions on ITZY's music can be subjective, but they always kept the teen crush brand

liyahsphoenix-looks.gif

Edited by illia
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.