K-Pop Thread: ARTMS, Yves Premiere First Projects; All of LOONA Successfully Redebuts

Ryan

23 minutes ago, TheCal said:

Well can't argue with this. Noone does it better than them.  Truly the best group

:ryan3:

You dolled yourself up for aespa's comeback I see, looking good. :gaycat4:

• Thanks 1

• Replies 44.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• Pluto6

2 minutes ago, TheCal said:

Seunghan is coming back any day now. I can feel it

ySOvSuNQ.gif

spacer.png

Whats with all these rankings with STAYC at the bottom? Their sound is extremely consistent :rip: Bright, electronic, and really sharp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

You dolled yourself up for aespa's comeback I see, looking good. :gaycat4:

queen Winter gagged me so much that I gotta cheat on Taehyung for some time

ySOvSuNQ.gif

• Haha 1

When Seunghan comes back RIIZE is gonna be bigger than BTS & Blackpink combined, oh it's good for us 

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Mattheo said:

this is an image/concept ranking, i thought we were doing that? :deadbanana:

I thought it was based on overall success :rip: 

14 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

They sound exactly like Blackpink, but BP is the previous gen so I don't think it's a problem. Nobody else sounds or looks like BP right now.

When LSM left and they left Kwangya and the holograms behind.

Fine.

Their music is good and distinct, nothing else really stands out to me. They have that chaebol-royal image sometimes with the corresponding costume, that's something. If they had a known logo that was a core aspect of their brand, or anything that makes them more identifiable besides their music, yes they would shoot up a tier, sure.

I guess.

aespa never left KWANGYA behind. In SPICY, Karina was texting her ae and it made a little appearance.

1 minute ago, TheCal said:

queen Winter gagged me so much that I gotta cheat on Taehyung for some time

ySOvSuNQ.gif

Very eye-popping, I can't stop looking at it. Where is it from? :eek:

This but Seunghan

ySOvSuNQ.gif

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

aespa never left KWANGYA behind. In SPICY, Karina was texting her ae and it made a little appearance.

We will have to agree to disagree. The whole girls to drama era has been quite the change from their previous era imo. And I don't even remember what their holograms look like when it was an integral part of their debut and one of the selling points.

I remember reading SM could have done a lot more with that part of the IP, use the holograms for comics or video games, and I agree, I think there was a lot of untapped potential here.

Edited by geniecantstophypeboy

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Very eye-popping, I can't stop looking at it. Where is it from? :eek:

it's from the teaser for their new album

ySOvSuNQ.gif

Edited by TheCal
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

We will have to agree to disagree. The whole girls to drama era has been quite the change from their previous era imo. And I don't even remember that their holograms look like when it was an integral part of their debut and one of the selling point.

So because you have a bad memory, aespa's concept isn't consistent? SPICY was a REAL WORLD concept where they basically got a vacation because they defeated Black Mamba and the ae still made an appearance. Drama is their only concept that the ae haven't made an appearance, but only because they're still in the REAL WORLD.

Their newest teaser updated their powers and their symbols so they'll be returning to KWANGYA.

The ae even got a whole video for Better Things

Edited by Rhyme

24 minutes ago, katyberry said:

le sserafim, I'm so sorry 

i mean, they pretty much have no identity

9 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

I thought it was based on overall success :rip: 

i was following genie's ranking model :skull:

GMvtawVaUAAj1PT?format=jpg&name=large

One of these is not like the others

TGbRQb.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

So because you have a bad memory, aespa's concept isn't consistent? SPICY was a REAL WORLD concept where they basically got a vacation because they defeated Black Mamba and the ae still made an appearance. Drama is their only concept that the ae haven't made an appearance, but only because they're still in the REAL WORLD.

Their newest teaser updated their powers and their symbols so they'll be returning to KWANGYA.

I edited my comment adding this sentence.

"I remember reading SM could have done a lot more with that part of the IP, use the holograms for comics or video games, and I agree, I think there was a lot of untapped potential here."

Aespa had a good IP with lots of identifiable perks that was barely used imo. Right now, I understand some people might not like what I'm going to say, from the communities I interact with, Aespa are known as hot korean girls and not much else. It would be hard to identify the brand "aespa" without seeing the girls themselves or their hit song next level. Even their AI-like aesthetic I haven't seen mentioned in a long time.

17 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

We will have to agree to disagree. The whole girls to drama era has been quite the change from their previous era imo. And I don't even remember what their holograms look like when it was an integral part of their debut and one of the selling points.

I remember reading SM could have done a lot more with that part of the IP, use the holograms for comics or video games, and I agree, I think there was a lot of untapped potential here.

How you can listen to drama and think this isn't aespa coded :deadbanana2:

3 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

I edited my comment adding this sentence.

"I remember reading SM could have done a lot more with that part of the IP, use the holograms for comics or video games, and I agree, I think there was a lot of untapped potential here."

Aespa had a good IP with lots of identifiable perks that was barely used imo. Right now, I understand some people might not like what I'm going to say, from the communities I interact with, Aespa are known as hot korean girls and not much else. It would be hard to identify the brand "aespa" without seeing the girls themselves or their hit song next level. Even their AI-like aesthetic I haven't seen mentioned in a long time.

It definitely wasn't barely used. Black Mamba, Next Level, Girls, and Savage were soaked in KWANGYA imagery. A main point of their hate train in 2022 was because people felt like it was being used too much. aespa and everyone needed a small break from KWANGYA. One comeback not featuring the ae does not equal them straying from their concept. 

2 hours ago, Sheegs said:

Now why did XG's daughter ended them

here for the SG5 promo :siptea:

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Mattheo said:

i mean, they pretty much have no identity

i was following genie's ranking model :skull:

?

They are very consistent with their sound and MV, concepts

They are The Miss A/AS of this gen,  choreo based group with sexy/self empowerment/feminist vibes

Fearless - antifragile- unforgiven

even the titles allude to the same concept

Edited by sunny

This thread and KPOp stans kinda forgot about 2NE1. The pretty privilege of BP i guess

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, xrosup said:

I'll believe it when I see the pics of them at the event. I don't trust Seungmin, he's a troll

IMG-2102.gif

1 hour ago, xrosup said:

So it's basically confirmed yesss

qVyQtMv.gif

The way the fandom trust Jeff Benjamin, but not Seungmin :bibliahh:

Why is she at the F1 all of a sudden :rip: is her boyfriend there too?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Ranking some of the most popular, newer girl groups by the effectiveness and distinctiveness of their branding.

(definition: branding = the activity of connecting a product with a particular name, symbol, etc. or with particular features or ideas, in order to make people recognize and want to buy it: Successful branding uses design to reinforce customers' visual memories)

S-TIER - Everyone knows their sound, their image and their mascot

Newjeans

A-TIER - Unmistakable for another group

Babymonster

Dreamcatcher

B-TIER - Several unique identifiable characteristics, but inconsistent from release to release

Gidle

StayC

Aespa

C-TIER - One trick-pony, one identifiable characteristic, that could be fleshed out a lot more

Ive

Lesserafim

D-TIER - copycat, lost the plot or never had a plot to begin with

Illit

Itzy

NMIXX

liyahsphoenix-looks.gif

ITZY has always been consistent with their branding and identity, to the point until this day people hear some songs and say they sound like 'ITZY' from time to time. 'CAKE' could've been released in their debut year instead of 'ICY' and would've make no difference (in terms of branding). Disliking their songs is one thing, but they are far from not identifiable. 

Edited by Mitsuki
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was listening to RIIZE's Impossible and I was thinking how a recording session video would be like because I'm pretty sure Sohee is the only one singing in the chorus. :deadbanana:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.