K-Pop Thread: Nayeoncé is *the* IT-girl. Period.

Ryan

10 hours ago, Panda17 said:

So... is... Sungchan... Anton's... TOP?

757e8ca0-aacd-4929-9853-b71ca3f26a10_tex

:-*

• Replies 47.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• Pluto6

55 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

this is crazy :rip: what kind of food can you buy for $3 :deadbanana:

Korea is was kinda famous for its inexpensive dining culture.  You could definitely get a meal for 6k back in 2017 or whenever they were trainees.   Of course today you can't even get a bowl of rice for that.

Speaking of rice, obviously it wasn't about the money, it was about debuting them thin and neat!

:cm:

Just now, harrythevifan said:

Korea is was kinda famous for its inexpensive dining culture.  You could definitely get a meal for 6k back in 2017 or whenever they were trainees.   Of course today you can't even get a bowl of rice for that.

Speaking of rice, obviously it wasn't about the money, it was about debuting them thin and neat!

really? a whole ass meal for $3? still, hybe/big hit already had money in 2017 since BTS were already huge back then

you cant even buy a stick of tteokboki for $3 these days :rip: 

50 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

the public opinion is on her side and she's the most famous creative in korea. come on now lmao

famous for her meltdown? come on, unless she wants to be in the first big brother korea, this wont benefit her as a business mogul. 

1 minute ago, MonsterNavy said:

really? a whole ass meal for $3? still, hybe/big hit already had money in 2017 since BTS were already huge back then

you cant even buy a stick of tteokboki for $3 these days :rip: 

korea surprisingly has cheap food but kpop companies are known to be stingy so thats nothing new

no wonder most of the trainees are rich born with silver spoons

3 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

famous for her meltdown? come on, unless she wants to be in the first big brother korea, this wont benefit her as a business mogul. 

are you fr? she's been working for SM since 2002 and she's famously behind Shinee, SNSD, f(x), EXO, Red Velvet, NCT and now Newjeans. She's behind Gee, Growl... She started some of the biggest trends in korea for the past two decades and she IS famous. but i'm sure you already knew all that, supertiffany

5 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

queen got the sm stans back on her side

The comments are all positive. She has SM Sheep on her side :clap3:

1 minute ago, Windy Day said:

are you fr? she's been working for SM since 2002 and she's famously behind Shinee, SNSD, f(x), EXO, Red Velvet, NCT and now Newjeans. She's behind Gee, Growl... She started some of the biggest trends in korea for the past two decades and she IS famous. but i'm sure you already knew all that, supertiffany

Im talking about now, since the topic is her meltdown 

unless you missed that 

2 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

Im talking about now, since the topic is her meltdown 

unless you missed that 

then maybe you made a mistake while quoting me because i explicitly said she was the most famous creative in korea :coffee2:

22 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

MHJ should join YG and spite SM/Hybe 

if newjeans were under YG with MHJ still in creative control, imagine the domination from brand association alone. i mean NJ are essentially newjennies anyway and is following BP's ambassadorship formula.

:suburban:

She should join Attrakt Entertainment if she really wants to show us what she's got.  They got a decent budget to work with at least.  And then when the group finds its new success, she can try to steal them away, too!

4 minutes ago, Chemist said:

The comments are all positive. She has SM Sheep on her side :clap3:

1st step to "step" on aespa: give your trainees vocal lessons. BSH already failed on step 1 :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

also mhj's "meltdown" did more good than bad seeing the massive support she's receiving from the gp right now lmao. like i mentioned earlier, people know she's an ARTIST who graduated from an art school, not a business woman

Edited by Windy Day
  • Like 2

the Huening dynasty

200.gif?cid=95b279447vbaox10iqkf06ejh3ip

Idk if I'm jus a cold b!tch, but nothing she said in that pc made me more sympathetic towards her...

I just learned that TWS pronounces their name as "twuss", not just as the individual letters

spacer.png

Just now, Windy Day said:

then maybe you made a mistake while quoting me because i explicitly said she was the most famous creative in korea :coffee2:

Definitely the most media played one.  There were others who were more out there through reality TV and stuff.  She really only became known after Bighybe decided everyone should know what a big deal it was to have her join the company.  As you could tell from the press conference, she's not in this business to make herself famous.

SM projects always peak on their debut. Just like Step Back by GOT.

I Can't Stand The Rain is SO good. 

I just caught up on everything and WOW... :bibliahh: not the aespa obsession :bibliahh::bibliahh:

6 hours ago, elevate said:

This is legit more wild than one of @Gorjesspazze9 raps atp

About to write a dope verse for Min heejin :gaycat4:

spacer.png
#StraightOuttaKwangya

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

Definitely the most media played one.  There were others who were more out there through reality TV and stuff.  She really only became known after Bighybe decided everyone should know what a big deal it was to have her join the company.  As you could tell from the press conference, she's not in this business to make herself famous.

wbk she's in for the art unlike a certain person with ozempic in his shopping cart :sistrens:

3 minutes ago, 40_L3VE said:

Idk if I'm jus a cold b!tch, but nothing she said in that pc made me more sympathetic towards her...

If you don't hate her more, I'd call that a win given it's a miracle she is still standing and speaks coherently after not sleeping for 1 week :cm:

So from what I understand...

MJH was approached by BSH to work for HYBE after she left SM. She was tasked with co-creating a new girl group but had some creative differences with BSH so he ended up debuting LSRF instead and tossed her idea + the NJ girls to the side. She also has nothing to do with GFriend disbanding + didn't say anything about BTS.

She felt bad for the NJ girls and wanted to quit + create her own label (?) but was worried she wouldn't gather enough fundings so she settled the negotiations with HYBE and become CEO + CD of her own sub label ADOR under HYBE, brought the NJ girls with her and debut them under her own creative vision there.  This explains why she seemed to dismiss HYBE's involvement with the creation of the group during earlier interviews. The group was basically her brainchild.

NJ became successful under MJH and that bothered BSH (Ditto success got under his skin). He then went and ripped off her formula by co-creating ILLIT under another sub label, debuting them with the similar styling, choreography to overall likeness to NJ, cheapening their brand and that pissed her off. After discussing with NJ parents + other staff members, she filed a complaint to HYBE. She's also in the middle of renegotiating her contract with HYBE, referring to it as a "slave contract" that she can't escape.

HYBE then accused her of trying to seize control and taking the whole label away by secretly approaching investors, which she denied, saying she never cared about money + knows she's not powerful enough to do that. According to her, the sudden audit was basically an attempt to get rid of her after she spoke about ILLIT plagiarism and thus all the articles that have been popping up lately are propaganda from HYBE to paint her as a greedy villain. She was suicidal from the attempted smear campaign and betrayal of ADOR VP (?) + BSH. The press conference was an attempt to clear her name + save NJ's reputation as they're only a couple days away from a musical comeback.

Bonus: The NJ girls + their parents are very likely to be on her side so if she's out, they likely won't be sticking around for long either. It seems like MJH is not going down without a fight and the David & Goliath comparison is how she'd describe the battle between her & HYBE. She's not on speaking terms with BSH anymore (referring to it as a divorce) but will likely face him during the upcoming shareholders meeting to ensure that NJ's music career isn't affected by this ongoing drama. 

--

Hope I got that right :lakitu:

Edited by Nido
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

About to write a dope verse for Min heejin :gaycat4:

spacer.png
#StraightOuttaKwangya

I ain't in no gang but I got shooters and I bang-bang (goddamn)

avi2.thumb.gif.adde66e5219a8172361e8aa2e

At the snap of my fingers, I'm Thanos, damn it, damn it
And I'm still on your head, cornrows, damn it, damn it (right)

DuMs9fmUUAAagoE.jpg

They call me the captain, the catwalk assassin (come on)

518465af-5601-4ece-870a-9d5322e0a984.jpg

When they know it's slappin' then here come the yappin'
All of the snitchin' and all of this bitchin'
Just a fishin' expedition, dumb admission, in the kitchen
Cookin' up them chickens, extra leg, but I ain't even tryna kick it

AVvXsEhiD6WjWTkn23cO9I_UYFWyWZPrtp9xFm1g

Cunty, country, petty, petty, petty
All the same to me, Plain Jane, spaghetti
No sauce, no sauce, uh, too soft, too soft, uh

illit-newjeans-1-280324.webp

Edited by Windy Day
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.