K-Pop Thread: ARTMS (LOONA) in Orbit

Ryan

In the bright side if Kakao dumps SM maybe they’ll get a new international distributor and will be able to get an album certified tinfoil outside of Korea

spacer.png

• Replies 45.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• Pluto6

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

Who's MHJ?

Min Hee-Jin is an ex-SM board director and art director for groups like Shinee, f(x), and to a lesser degree SNSD, Red Velvet; ex-Hybe CBO responsible for the restructuring of Big Hit into Hybe; now CEO, art director and producer of ADOR, also dubbed Newjeans' mom. She overseas and is in charge of everything about Newjeans. She is atp the most powerful woman in Kpop. :gaycat5:

• Like 2

boygroups are so back, I know certain individuals are boiling 

spacer.png

• Like 1

the new IVE song randomly being an Icona Pop cover :deadbanana: and it's no even one of their best songs hmmm

• Confused 1

:deadbanana4:

the Jisoo stans are finally becoming self aware, we love that for them

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

2024 will be Jennie’s year…

spacer.png

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

the new IVE song randomly being an Icona Pop cover :deadbanana: and it's no even one of their best songs hmmm

i’m confused about that too like what :rip:

should’ve collaborated on a trashy bop, would’ve been a fun mess

Not surprised about the SM potential sale....especially after Kakao used their money from Saudi Arabia government to force out HYBE from fully acquiring SM. 

Now they are being investigated constantly by the police for all the dodgy things they did to get hold of SM. They probably now want to get rid of their shares and try to stop all the investigations. Their offices already got raided several times.

HYBE still retains shares in SM and I bet they will try to bid for Kakao's stake at a cheaper price than before if it goes on sale again.

I hope the sale happens because I don't really see many improvements in SM 3.0 and the switch to Kakao distribution has been a disaster. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

:deadbanana4:

the Jisoo stans are finally becoming self aware, we love that for them

"4. Handsome idols is a skill "

:cm:

2 minutes ago, Zack said:

Not surprised about the SM potential sale....especially after Kakao used their money from Saudi Arabia government to force out HYBE from fully acquiring SM. 

Now they are being investigated constantly by the police for all the dodgy things they did to get hold of SM. They probably now want to get rid of their shares and try to stop all the investigations. Their offices already got raided several times.

HYBE still retains shares in SM and I bet they will try to bid for Kakao's stake at a cheaper price than before if it goes on sale again.

I hope the sale happens because I don't really see many improvements in SM 3.0 and the switch to Kakao distribution has been a disaster. 

SM 3.0 has been really good to aespa :coffee: singles, albums, promotion, collabs, super active on social media, brand deals, gigs... Now what :biblionny:

6 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

i’m confused about that too like what :rip:

should’ve collaborated on a trashy bop, would’ve been a fun mess

they could've made a fun euro bop but the snippet sounds like they're just replicating the original

spacer.png

• Like 1

Can Hybe acquire SM anyway? I'd think the government would block the take-over from happening under antitrust laws.

3 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

SM 3.0 has been really good to aespa :coffee: singles, albums, promotion, collabs, super active on social media, brand deals, gigs... Now what :biblionny:

They've been relatively good to aespa (compared to other groups) but those are all things a major company should be expected to do for one of their biggest groups.

Also, SM 3.0 happening and all the internal fighting is what caused some issues for aespa in the first place. And the switch to Kakao significantly affected Drama sales and stock availability compared to MY WORLD, so it's been good and bad for them.

• Like 1

Hybe should just acquire SM.

I hope Cube next.

• Like 3

Starship should've saved this for the US single if the alternative was any Icona Pop song.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, illia said:

Le Sserafim are in LA right now, some of their staff is posting pics

They must be shooting a music video already :coffee2: Comeback in mid-late February I guess

GDaWfsIasAAfSpf?format=jpg&name=mediumGDarMofacAA62v0?format=jpg&name=medium

Already seated for their next comeback :gaycat2:

The last part of their performances sort of had a hint for their next TT I think: 

싑지 않음 내가 쉴게 EASY | translation: if it’s not easy i (will) make it easy

45 minutes ago, Zack said:

I hope the sale happens because I don't really see many improvements in SM 3.0 and the switch to Kakao distribution has been a disaster

SM 3.0 gave them their best boygroup project in over a decade so not too much on it 

spacer.png

• Like 1

MASK
AND FANTASY (BBA-BOP)
AY-AY-AY
I'M NOT FAKE (DUM, DUM, DUM)

giphy.gif

Bam bam bam ba di

Korean Korean Korean nobody yeah

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Oh this is so good! How did I miss this

giphy.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thirdward said:

can’t wait bc it’s shaping up to be a good project and well funded 

And without the restraints of YG telling her what she needs to release and it being ALL her, ugh I’m salivating at the impending SLAY!

• Like 1

I didn’t know this was even a thing, but I’m glad YG won. These companies are starting to do the most with these trademarks. How the hell can you even confuse BABYMONSTER with Monster Energy drinks? Gurl…if they don’t sit their asses down somewhere

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.