K-Pop Thread: All The Girls Are Girling, Girling

Ryan

9 minutes ago, Joseline said:

They are not disposable. Johnny's groups don't make group-specific light sticks. Their light sticks are specially designed for concert tours. It is made in accordance with the concept of the concert tour and is used only in this concert tour. So the company can sell light sticks multiple times for a group, it is more profitable. Fans also like different light sticks and collect them. But whether it is disposable or not does not change the fact that GD was not the person who came up with the idea.

Yes, they are the same disposable concert merch lightsticks that are common place all around the world and have been since before any of these groups. I got one at the Reputation tour, for example. 

The difference with the lightsticks he created is that they are immediately identifiable to their group and become a part of their brand. You can recognize that little yellow plastic lotus/crown from a mile away, it sticks out. Fans take them to multiple events instead of just using them on the specific occasion that they buy them. It was his personal idea and has become integral to the kpop industry. You know when the shittizens turned up to an event and that's GDs impact.

Pretending not to see the difference between generic concert merch and a kpop lightstick is actual insanity. He obviously wasnt the first person to put a battery powered LED light in a piece of transparent plastic and neither was arashi. :rip:

Edited by Sheep
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 62.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• Xalric

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Doyoung teasers are looking just a lil too similar to Like Water...not SM recycling 3 year old concepts now :rip:

• Like 1

"Kwon Jiyong is a composer and producer with a tremendous talent that even I who work in the same field always envy. When I listened to Bigbang's 'Lies' and 'Haru Haru'(which were composed and produced by G-Dragon), the surprise was so great that I felt as if I were Salieri looking at Mozart…..Kwon Jiyong is the best composer of our time and a talented singer who will lead the music industry in the future." 

-Bang Sihyuk

He's not just your idol's idol, he's your idol's PD's idol and probably the idol of everybody else along the chain. Pack it up.

Edited by Sheep
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Yes, they are the same disposable concert merch lightsticks that are common place all around the world and have been since before any of these groups. I got one at the Reputation tour, for example. 

The difference with the lightsticks he created is that they are immediately identifiable to their group and become a part of their brand. You can recognize that little yellow plastic lotus/crown from a mile away, it sticks out. Fans take them to multiple events instead of just using them on the specific occasion that they buy them. It was his personal idea and has become integral to the kpop industry. You know when the shittizens turned up to an event and that's GDs impact.

Pretending not to see the difference between generic concert merch and a kpop lightstick is actual insanity. He obviously wasnt the first person to put a battery powered LED light in a piece of transparent plastic and neither was arashi. :rip:

You honestly have no idea about Jpop and it shows. Jpop fans don't throw away the light sticks made for concert tours, they collect them. And most Johnny votas see a light stick, they instantly know which band it belongs to and which concert tour it is being used on. It doesn't matter if it's just for a band or just for a concert. Is it GD who came up with the idea? No it's not, period. Most of the developments in concerts were developed by Jpop groups. Like in 2005, Arashi's member Matsumoto Jun, along with the concert staff team, implemented the usage of the moving stage, which has subsequently been used by several Asian musical acts. 3 years ago to Arashi Live Tour 2014 The Digitalian, Matsumoto had been putting efforts into the idea of utilizing light color changes via bluetooth onto penlights, and the concept was successfully implemented in the previously mentioned concert. And guess which groups immediately started using it for themselves^^

14 minutes ago, Sheep said:

-Bang Sihyuk

And this is supposed to mean something to me? lol

Edited by Joseline
  • Thumbs Down 2

Looks like sm is the only one left that hasba chance to challenge hybe/Adobe..with now illit also smashing there are just not room left for baemon and nmixx.

Uneast JYP decide to put budgets on niziu i don't see they Will bounce back Soon. Baemon just felt so dated...

SM is the only hope...and honestly they are kinda having it easy like what they have to do is just debuting a red Velvet x fx hybrid ngg and they Will surely blew up in Korea.

:ahh:

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Joseline said:

You honestly have no idea about Jpop and it shows. Jpop fans don't throw away the light sticks made for concert tours, they collect them. 

The same way they collect any other concert merch. The kpop ones are meant to be used over and over again and are a central part of the fan culture. You literally cannot show me a pre-BIGBANG high quality, custom branded lightstick that isn't an off the shelf cheap piece of clear plastic with some tour name printed or laser etched onto it because it doesn't exist. If there was a real example you would have posted it by now.

Like in 2005, Arashi's member Matsumoto Jun, along with the concert staff team, implemented the usage of the moving stage, which has subsequently been used by several Asian musical acts

The revolving stage was invented in 1729 during the Edo period and moving stages have been an important part of staging live shows ever since.

3 years ago to Arashi Live Tour 2014 The Digitalian, Matsumoto had been putting efforts into the idea of utilizing light color changes via bluetooth onto penlights, and the concept was successfully implemented in the previously mentioned concert.

Coldplay first used synchronized color changes in 2012 on their disposable concert merch lights(like everybody else has been using for decades) for the Mylo Xyloto tour. Also 2014 was a full decade ago, but a jpop warrior living a decade in the past checks out.

You have no room to say I or anybody else have no idea about anything.

Edited by Sheep
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Zack said:

Those Doyoung teasers are looking just a lil too similar to Like Water...not SM recycling 3 year old concepts now :rip:

Everytime SM is in shambles they start to look alike and of it's too long they start to sound alike too.

Just now, Xalric said:

Everytime SM is in shambles they start to look alike and of it's too long they start to sound alike too.

how do we get another Birthday...?

mariah2003.thumb.gif.14076bc737526b6918e

TBL said their gg will debut first half of 2024, there are 2 and a half months left... You can take Teddy out of YG, but can't take YG out of Teddy.

:rogue:

Loud and wrong is the worst kind of stupid :rogue: 

Just now, Sheep said:

The same way they collect any other concert merch. The kpop ones are meant to be used over and over again and are a central part of the fan culture. You literally cannot show me a pre-BIGBANG high quality, custom branded lightstick that isn't an off the shelf cheap piece of clear plastic with some tour name printed or laser etched onto it because it doesn't exist. 

The revolving stage was invented in 1729 during the Edo period.

Coldplay first used synchronized color changes in 2012 on their disposable concert merch lights(like everybody else has been using for decades) for the Mylo Xyloto tour.

Read again. You can find this informations on any page that provides information about lightsticks.

Like in 2005, Arashi's member Matsumoto Jun, along with the concert staff team, implemented the usage of the moving stage, which has subsequently been used by several Asian musical acts. "

It's called "Johnny's Moving Stage" (Janizu Mubingu Suteji), a transparent stage that travels over the top of the audience.

" 3 years ago to Arashi Live Tour 2014 The Digitalian, Matsumoto had been putting efforts into the idea of utilizing light color changes via bluetooth onto penlights, and the concept was successfully implemented in the previously mentioned concert."

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Joseline said:

Read again. You can find this informations on any page that provides information about lightsticks.

Like in 2005, Arashi's member Matsumoto Jun, along with the concert staff team, implemented the usage of the moving stage, which has subsequently been used by several Asian musical acts. "

It's called "Johnny's Moving Stage" (Janizu Mubingu Suteji), a transparent stage that travels over the top of the audience.

" 3 years ago to Arashi Live Tour 2014 The Digitalian, Matsumoto had been putting efforts into the idea of utilizing light color changes via bluetooth onto penlights, and the concept was successfully implemented in the previously mentioned concert."

Read again my favs did it later and pretended they invented it :rogue: 

Here's another, much earlier transparent stage that moves overhead from a much bigger name btw. Something being novel enough to the jpop bubble to be mediaplayed as newly invented is not teh same as being a world first. I really don't care whatever wikipedia or quora post told you otherwise.

Edited by Sheep
  • Haha 1

This lightstick talk is irrelevant as companies are now remarking them temporary again. Like have you seen these new groups releasing new lightstick every year and even making teasers for them as if it was an album.

9 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Well they are losing many employees and many idols are running away from them or want to leave as soon as the contract ends and openly criticizing the company, so it's not a surprise I guess :rip:

It was bad for them..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zack said:

Well they are losing many employees and many idols are running away from them or want to leave as soon as the contract ends and openly criticizing the company, so it's not a surprise I guess :rip:

Imagine going back a decade and telling us JYP would be the one from the big 3 with the healthiest and most sustained growth. :dies:

I trust in them, I just hope it's more Drama than a Spicy  :weeps:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rhyme said:

Your posts are getting to a certain point, tighten up...

spacer.png

I like to banter. I understand not everyone likes that. I'll stop. :celestial3:

2 minutes ago, DelRey said:

Rina is a sheep herself so if she likes it I'll eat it up :gaycatina1:

2 minutes ago, DelRey said:

the way i'm the exact opposite, I absolutely LOVED the Spicy sound :jonny5: Drama was cute though, still love ha!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DelRey said:

Now they need to drop the  teasers I'm tired

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mattheo said:

It was bad for them..

It's interesting how a semi-popular group that was selling decently well wasn't profitable. I wonder why.

8 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Imagine going back a decade and telling us JYP would be the one from the big 3 with the healthiest and most sustained growth. :dies:

Well JYP seems to have a more stable management and structure despite typically being smaller overall. 

SM spending was getting too out of control with all the building forests and weed festivals and trying to print passports/SM official nationality, plus all the money poured into KWANGYA when it should have stayed an aespa only thing. They can bring it back but it seems the current people running the company haven't changed their attitudes. 

YG is also a mess, downgraded in status by Korean financial markets and many financial scandals, YG tax issues, LVMH investment failure and employee who stole nearly $1M from Lisa bank accounts. I feel like they are the most at risk since most of their money making idols are finished or left the company/out of YG control. 

I also agree that it is "big 3" not big 4. The way HYBE behaves suggests they operate in a manner like Kakao, not the big 3.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Also 2014 was a full decade ago, but a jpop warrior living a decade in the past checks out.

Idc about the lightstick thing but I can't at jpop catching strays again :redface::redface:

stan-twitter-facepalm.gif

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.