K-Pop Thread: All The Girls Are Girling, Girling

Ryan

feels like it's been months since a kpop group really served what's going on?

aespa tanked hard for me and i think the only actually outstanding release before that tripleS

IVE feat Saweetie already sounds like a mess :rip:

2 hours ago, Asscatchem said:

the song is smashing cuz of jennie and he should be grateful.. it was already so disrespectful he only gave her like 15 seconds!

He has like 10 other songs charting on Spotify, I don't think that irrelevant girl is doing much for the song

giphy.thumb.gif.9a1adc2b89612e040aff064d428842e3.thumb.gif.c6fdbf75163d5b4130c0af258eae8498.gif

• Haha 1

• Replies 62.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• Xalric

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

tokkis are easily the biggest 4th gen base.

Is that not Mys? 

K Pop Karina GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Is that not Mys? 

K Pop Karina GIF

Mys are #1 if we go by cbars. aespa has more stans than their 4th gen peers.

They're totally outnumbered if we just look at who has more fans though. Virtually everybody likes NJ.

• Like 1

The difference between ggs and bgs... oh wow. Is 2024 the year Korea will stop saying no?

200.gif?cid=a595bef3jbcn2o11h8m2cea4juig

• Like 2

Also I think neither Seventeen or NCT even charted in the 2022 yearly chart top 100 right? Looks like they both experienced major growth to be in top 30 :clap3: 3rd gen groups have surprising longevity as far having continued growth. Even if Korea can't appreciate their grown women era, Twice is still blowing up globally the past couple of years too. BTS and BP are a given in this regard

Based on Maniac's current chart behavior, I think Viviz is growing again too. RV is still doing really well despite SM sabotage too. I can't even imagine how much growth they'd be having rn if they had proper support

Edited by gigantopithecus
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

It's crazy how NewJeans is able to smash in every metric.

- Digital (MelOn..)

- Spotify/Apple Music

- Youtube

- Acclaim/Awards

- Album sales

- Big fanbse + GP support

They are like the top group right now :clap3:

They're still fresh and new. Y'all are giving them too much credit. They're doing great in their main market but aren't a global force yet. GP support? Yeah, no. 

13 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Fanbase not big enough :WAP: or maybe it is and it's full of zoomers hiding in the trenches of instagram and tiktok :deadbanana2:

Zoomers?? We're being ageist now to prove a point?

5 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

feels like it's been months since a kpop group really served what's going on?

aespa tanked hard for me and i think the only actually outstanding release before that tripleS

IVE feat Saweetie already sounds like a mess :rip:

He has like 10 other songs charting on Spotify, I don't think that irrelevant girl is doing much for the song

giphy.thumb.gif.9a1adc2b89612e040aff064d428842e3.thumb.gif.c6fdbf75163d5b4130c0af258eae8498.gif

What planet are you on? Aespa was serving nonstop all of last year. IVE was thoroughly very cute. Once Wonyoung makes her debut in the US the other girls will be seething. Not you calling Jennie irrelevant when she's arguably one if the biggest kpop stars of her generation. 

10 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Mys are #1 if we go by cbars. aespa has more stans than their 4th gen peers.

They're totally outnumbered if we just look at who has more fans though. Virtually everybody likes NJ.

Like but not care. When will they have a song that has a bridge and be over 3 minutes? No one outside of their markets knows them by name. They're just marketing and promoted very well. To me they're very tik tok k-pop

• Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

They're still fresh and new. Y'all are giving them too much credit. They're doing great in their main market but aren't a global force yet. GP support? Yeah, no. 

What planet are you on? Aespa was serving nonstop all of last year. IVE was thoroughly very cute. Once Wonyoung makes her debut in the US the other girls will be seething. Not you calling Jennie irrelevant when she's arguably one if the biggest kpop stars of her generation. 

My World and I've Ive were classics but the followups were so lame in comparison

and Jennie talentless

2 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Like but not care. When will they have a song that has a bridge and be over 3 minutes? No one outside of their markets knows them by name. They're just marketing and promoted very well. To me they're very tik tok k-pop

most acclaimed kpop song of all time/the only acclaimed kpop song outside of Korea

1 minute ago, SchmoodRing said:

Like but not care. When will they have a song that has a bridge and be over 3 minutes?

Their music(and concept) was completely new for kpop and will be hugely influential on future generations. 

4 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

No one outside of their markets knows them by name.

5 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

They're just marketing and promoted very well.

In this same post you identified at least one way they're completely different than their peers and predecessors with the music comment. How is it all marketing if the material itself is different? 

14 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Once Wonyoung makes her debut in the US the other girls will be seething. Not you calling Jennie irrelevant when she's arguably one if the biggest kpop stars of her generation. 

Jennie is a d-list star in the US at best. She was a part of one of the biggest media spectacles in the US last year and nobody outside of the kpop sphere was mentioning her involvement except in passing. If Jennie Kim hasn't made it here, Wonyoung with her image which is totally opposite of what the US likes in artists has zero chance.

14 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

We're genuinely the majority of their base though. It's not ageism to point that out. :thing:

8 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

most acclaimed kpop song of all time/the only acclaimed kpop song outside of Korea

Kpop fans outside of Asia always conveniently forget that kpop has been huge outside of Korea for over a decade in Asia. They're not even in that conversation.

Edited by Sheep

This could make a cute gg comeback concept actually :lakitu: Just cut the purple one

winx.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

idk. Not a chart expert. :coffee2:

I honestly can't say is the music because there have been questionable songs that became hits. And their recent music was fine to me. Maybe the song will rise after a few days/weeks, I remember that Drama took some time to rise as well.

My only issue with itzy is their vocals. I really don't like their tones. 

Their vocals are fine as long as Yeji, Chaeryoung and Lia take the key parts and the other two are distributed based on what suits them. The main issue has been the music since 2021. Im not saying it’s outright bad, some of it bops too, but it’s lacked a clear direction and branding recently that made Itzy Itzy in the beginning. People are just confused. Also they clearly have taken a back seat in terms of budget and focus after Nmixx debuted. That’s very clear to see. 

Either way, as a non-fan and a casual listener of Itzy, I did enjoy this comeback ngl, because there seemed to be at least more effort put into building individual profiles of the girls while also improving the music quality from the last few eras. Also I will never stop praising these 4 girls’ performance skills. Like it’s such a feast to watch them dance, I’m sorry LIAbility and I hope you get well soon, but I needed to see this OT4 dance era at least once. They’re such incredibly polished and sharp performers :WAP:

• Like 1

according to the kpop stans, it was jennie impact when OOTG was “flopping”

so now that the song is smashing, it’s still jennie impact

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

according to the kpop stans, it was jennie impact when OOTG was “flopping”

so now that the song is smashing, it’s still jennie impact

spacer.png

Kpop fans or Lisa and Jisoo fans... Be specific... :matty:

Edited by Xalric

What's happening, Shh, Nobody Knows, Bad News and Sugarcoat are all getting mass streamed and liked on Spotify and MelOn.

1 minute ago, Xalric said:

Kpop fans or Lisa and Jisoo fans... Be specific... :matty:

both akgaes and other fandoms (mainly armys)

miss jennie kim has a diverse catalogue of haters sadly

spacer.png

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

both akgaes and other fandoms (mainly armys)

miss jennie kim has a diverse catalogue of haters sadly

spacer.png

This pressed Blackjack erasure.

owN7JyY.gif

2 hours ago, Adama said:

How jobless armyz are for being mad at IVE of all the kpop groups :deadbanana4:

This is gonna be so Major for all parties involved. I can't wait. 

2 hours ago, Sailor Moon said:

Poor Yuna

I just recently got into them and have plans to see them in concert. I've just checked out their titles tracks but when I've tried to check out their other songs it's been a hit or miss. What is their concept and what does Itzy mean? Like what's their thing/lane? I love Dalla Dalla, Icy, Wannabe, Not Shy, Ting Ting Ting, In The Morning, Loco, Kill Shot and Psychic Lover. Cake and Sneakers were a hot mess. What in the kidz bop was even those 🤣

2 hours ago, Rainy Devil said:

Quite shocking how not just koreans but like even their int kpop listeners left them behind. :deadbanana:

Gidle is a year older and they are doing better than ever.

Probably has to do with the fact that G-Idle offers something different. I'm relatively new to them but I love how they're overall more mature and aren't the typical "cutesy" girl group one would expect from kpop. They kind of remind me of mid 2000s girl groups like The Pussycat Dolls and Danity Kane. If Itzy is so "forgotten" I wouldn't have bothered giving them a chance. From what I've gathered in this thread it's a mix of poor choices in title tracks and then the odd marketing and promotion of this comeback by releasing content but not releasing it and have it available on platforms is rather weird... I'm currently listening to their new album and Mr.Vampire is still not it to me. Sounds like two different songs put into one but not in a good way. More Born To Be, Untouchable, Escalator and Dynamite please.

2 hours ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Is Itzy truly over? :dancehall:

They need better treatment. Why drop the gag that is BORN TO BE and then no promo and not available to stream? Very weird. The girls deserve to be managed properly. 

2 hours ago, illia said:

Le Sserafim are in LA right now, some of their staff is posting pics

They must be shooting a music video already :coffee2: Comeback in mid-late February I guess

GDaWfsIasAAfSpf?format=jpg&name=mediumGDarMofacAA62v0?format=jpg&name=medium

I am really curious about them. Besides NewJeans, they have the most potential to be the next big global kpop group. 

2 hours ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Yeji is a star but she is no Soyeon, she can't do everything :redface:

Give this woman something to work with, she deserves better :WAP:

itzy-yeji.gif

Oh she is my bias. Such a star 💫 

2 hours ago, Rainy Devil said:

The Itzy situation reminds me of those atrl threads were they ask "what went wrong?". :dies:

It's not on them or the music fault. The girls and the music is good this time around. It's the company that's failing them unfortunately. 

49 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

They are literally doing really well in Japan and even charted in the US (and charted for multiple weeks there), something that most of the groups have failed to do. They are barely 2 years old and already have 8 hits in sk.

Sure, other groups had successful first years, but they are completely on their own league.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sheep said:

This pressed Blackjack erasure.

owN7JyY.gif

not really mention worthy since they are now a small percentage of her haters

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hallucinate said:

not really mention worthy since they are now a small percentage of her haters

spacer.png

Oon8PfQ.gif

3 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

They are literally doing really well in Japan and even charted in the US (and charted for multiple weeks there), something that most of the groups have failed to do. They are barely 2 years old and already have 8 hits in sk.

Sure, other groups had successful first years, but they are completely on their own league.

The only group that compares to NewJeans is 2NE1, they remind me of them in all aspects, from the unique concept/impact to the impressive performance on the charts.

• Haha 1

if Jennie Kim is talentless then what are the NewJeans girlies

owN7JyY.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

*korean words dopamine dopamine~ :katie2:

jennie working with James Fauntleroy is crazy 

we are getting a #real album and not some basic pop songs :jonny:

him and Mike dean like wow 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.