The Sun: Dua scrapped big budget music video over Israel-Gaza conflict concerns

BlackoutZone

5 minutes ago, glitch said:

Isn't she partnered with Puma? 

And Porsche, Yves Saint Laurent, and Evian.  

Might be some others(?)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solaria

• BlackoutZone

• Soul Glitch

• Julia Fox

QueenofCopyPaste

And then "Houdini" was released as a rush release to send a message to her ex. 

Was the video about a war??! Because why why was cancelled, she did put "Fever" during pandemic and the song did great.

I don't know what to say, I think she's over thinking to much.

God now I miss more her first album, music was simple and pleasing.

1 hour ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Sure, but it’s amazing that war didn’t stopped Madonna with her magnum opus American Life.

Well Madonna was directly commenting on the war, this is more of a “not good timing” situation

From the description it just sounds like an over the top action movie. Are we not allowed to have those while bad things are going on in the world? The Russia Ukraine war has been raging for 2 years now, to say nothing of innumerable other conflicts and massacres that get no attention in the media.

Maybe there is something in the video that hits a bit closer to home with regards to the Israel Palestine conflict. If so they could have just edited that part rather than scrapping the whole thing. If the whole thing is too reminiscent of it, the description provided does not really give any insight about why.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

"This is what happens when you cater to cancel culture stans"

Please, you guys would drag her for being insensitive if she released the Training Season video and also drag her EVEN MORE if the song ended up underperforming :toofunny3:

Dua will never win with y'all!

• Like 10

Everything is going the wrong way this era. Let's just rush this one, the tour, and start a new one by 2025 to forget this one

Sad news but it's going to get leaked anyway sooner or later so we wait. :coffee2:

Very confused at people complaining about this decision. Good on Dua and her team for having morals and reading the room

Let me go stream Houdini

• Like 2

It was a smart decision and everyone dragging them would've dragged her had she release the MV.

Props to her team for coming up with a whole new promo strategy within weeks :clap3: 

• Like 1

And what is the point of this? Is she gonna wait until there are no armed conflicts in the world to release a MV with chaos and explosions? Saddest part is that it was probably the wisest choice, since people have a hard time understanding fiction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, moo said:

From the description it just sounds like an over the top action movie. Are we not allowed to have those while bad things are going on in the world? The Russia Ukraine war has been raging for 2 years now, to say nothing of innumerable other conflicts and massacres that get no attention in the media.

Maybe there is something in the video that hits a bit closer to home with regards to the Israel Palestine conflict. If so they could have just edited that part rather than scrapping the whole thing. If the whole thing is too reminiscent of it, the description provided does not really give any insight about why.

No, you are not allowed. Stay pressed. :bird:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

41 minutes ago, moo said:

Exactly, there is not a single day without an active armed conflict in the world since the beginning of time, and we have always had movies and MVs with this kind of theme. Either the MV was oddly specific or we are losing the plot massively.

• Like 4

mmm sad but tbh I don't care. :michael:

Houdini is one of her best songs and even if it was planned as a promotional single, it shows that the album has a lot of potential. :jonnycat:

and I'm 100% sure the video would be a bunch of random and weird scenarios like BMH, or Taylor/ Cardi's latest videos despite the "high budget" with ZERO replay value (Kpop really ruined music videos).) :doc:

3 minutes ago, AMIT said:

No, you are not allowed. Stay pressed. :bird:

I vow to abstain from any entertainment and consume only Twitter activism until the world is a perfect utopia.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, unclefloprry said:

and I'm 100% sure the video would be a bunch of random and weird scenarios like BMH, or Taylor/ Cardi's latest videos despite the "high budget" with ZERO replay value (Kpop really ruined music videos).) :doc:

And this is a friendly reminder to BMH lovers that its FN's worst single :gaycat4:

oh wow...

I still hope the video will be released , if not it would be a waste of budget that could hurt the era, since Houdini is barely making any noise...

It's all up to the second single , they have to play all their cards right this time.

Just now, moo said:

I vow to abstain from any entertainment and consume only Twitter activism until the world is a perfect utopia.

glad you were quick to realize you're not entitled to your perfect pop girl era when other people have to go through very real suffering and violence day after day

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, AMIT said:

glad you were quick to realize you're not entitled to your perfect pop girl era when other people have to go through very real suffering and violence day after day

No one is happy until everyone is happy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.