The Sun: Dua scrapped big budget music video over Israel-Gaza conflict concerns

BlackoutZone

If Training Season was such a good track though like everyone says, why didn't they just film another, but lower budget, video for it with a different concept? The reasoning behind scrapping the video makes sense, and was probably for the best, but scrapping the single entirely doesn't imo???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solaria

• BlackoutZone

• Bentley

• Soul Glitch

So.. what are they gonna do with the second single now? Is it still gonna be TS but with a different video or will they pick a different song? This is a mess chile

1 minute ago, BODERLINE said:

If Training Season was such a good track though like everyone says, why didn't they just film another, but lower budget, video for it with a different concept? The reasoning behind scrapping the video makes sense, and was probably for the best, but scrapping the single entirely doesn't imo???

Yeah, I think they may want to release it with the high budget MV so that’s why she didn’t made a new one. Porsche is also sponsoring this I think so I don’t know they will waste the money. 

• Like 1

All of her eras are met with a lot of chaos and mess tbh. Future Nostalgia arrived just when the pandemic started to blow up and also I think her debut was released during a critical time on the Afganistan war + the constant delays :rip: now we have the Israel + Palestine 

Edited by Julia Fox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Julia Fox said:

All of her eras are met with a lot of chaos and mess tbh. Future Nostalgia arrived just when the pandemic started to blow up and also I think her debut was released during a critical time on the Afganistan war + the constant delays :rip: now we have the Israel + Palestine 

And the other two eras were very successful at the end. What’s your point? 

12 minutes ago, Soul Glitch said:

And the other two eras were very successful at the end. What’s your point? 

did I said they weren’t? :rip: weirdo. I was just saying she has a very bad luck at her date releases 

• Like 5

She should just release it in a few months as a single #3 when it's calmer. The war might last years. Not to mention we also have Ukraine + a dozen smaller conflicts ongoing worldwide at all times. It doesn't mean the world should stop telling stories and providing escapisim for everyone (maybe even the victims of the war) :dancehall:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I don't think this necessarily means that plans were changed and Houdini was suddenly made the lead with a rushed video, she could have just been shooting the second single's video in advance. If the other song was originally meant to be the lead she probably would have just shot a new video for it, not switch to an entirely different song.

4 minutes ago, Miichael said:

I don't think this necessarily means that plans were changed and Houdini was suddenly made the lead with a rushed video, she could have just been shooting the second single's video in advance. If the other song was originally meant to be the lead she probably would have just shot a new video for it, not switch to an entirely different song.

multiple insiders confirmed TS was meant to be the lead + performed at EMAs (which also got cancelled due to the war)

this is quite unfortunate but understandable but I think they should have just waited with launching DL3 era at all in this case and let Dua focus on DTN campaign for the award season. The way it looks now is she has a new single out but spends more time talking about the soundtrack song dropped almost a year ago :gaycat6: no performances, no nothing. Really hard to grasp why they decided to push anything at all now instead of just pushing the era a few months into 2024

• Like 1

I feel like they're going to hold onto the video / single release once tensions calm down, and they might re-edit certain things so it's not a complete loss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i always thought training season was like a song abt working out… must be a different concept then unless her muscles are exploding or something

• Haha 1

I guess we'll have to wait until DL3 20th anniversary edition for Dua to finally upload that video for only handful of loyal fans :weeps:

She better release it eventually and just put out a message at the beginning that this was filmed prior to the invasion and idk donate a portion of the funds to Gaza relief efforts.

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

This does make some sense unfortunately. Everything about the era so far just felt thrown together last minute in comparison to the excellent world building that she did with Future Nostalgia. She's barely talked about the album in interviews other than "it's coming" and that it's psychedelic in sound. They'll probably do a soft reset on the era next year.

Houdini is a good song but it's not very "welcome to my new era" in the way that Future Nostalgia was.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Sure, but it’s amazing that war didn’t stopped Madonna with her magnum opus American Life.

That is the difference between lots of pop artists and The QoP

:fan:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackoutZone said:

RIP Training Season og video, I doubt it's ever gonna be released

It was also directed by Romain and they split already so even less of a chance

Doesn't her stuff always leak? I hope it sees the light of day soon

I respect her decision of pulling it though 

Really wise move from her team to do this. Talking about this conflict could end anyone's career, including the most popular musicians right now. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.