RollingStone: "Lizzie McGuire reboot axe is one of the worst TV decisions in history"

dillan

Never watched Lizzie McGuire growing up so don't have much to say on this but old shows need to stop being rebooted. Nostalgia is such a powerful emotion that almost nothing lives up to expectation

• Like 9

Especially considering Disney+ have added more grownup programs to their catalog (ie the Marvel shows). It's not too late now that How I Met Your Father is over. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure what anyone’s qualifying as successful reboots now anyways. Wasn’t Younger doing well at that point?

Culturally they didn’t want to tie the two or they thought it wasn’t worth the investment? I don’t know.

I genuinely think this could’ve worked.

It was probably the best tbh. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Isn’t that piece from June, why are Buzzing Pop just reporting on it now?

Anyways, they are right. They at the very least could’ve moved it to Hulu like they did with High Fidelity and Love Victor.

• Like 1

Well, didn't the iCarly reboot only last 2-3 seasons? With a more adult tone. Meanwhile, Raven's House which stayed kid friendly, is still on air. So I can see why Disney might have been unhappy as Lizzie McGuire is one of their most popular TV shows and if they're going to reboot it they want it to be successful.

They would have ****** it up anyways. Hilary dodged that bullet :psych:

The appeal of those old Disney shows is taking us back to our youth. Reboots just remind us of the passage of time and its sad to see your childhood idols become losers like Christy Carlson Romano

Edited by barbiegrande
  • Haha 3

no reboot served. icarly 2 is cringe sorry idc

and if how i met your father is any indication of how lizzie 2 wouldve been they can kept it

Imagine the 2 episodes they shot leaking someday :eatpopcorn:

• ATRL Moderator

If they went forward with it, it probably would have been cancelled by now. These reboots never last. :rip: 

50 minutes ago, Bloo said:

If they went forward with it, it probably would have been cancelled by now. These reboots never last. :rip: 

THR done a piece on this exact topic, (revivals only though, not reboots), and most are lucky to last three seasons. Full House, Roseanne/The Connors and Raven are the only ones to last more than 3 seasons. 

ENDED

5 Seasons

Fuller House (2016-2020)

3 Seasons

Will & Grace (2017-2020)

iCarly (2021-2023)

2 Seasons

Saved By The Bell (2020-2021)

1 Season

Roseanne (2018)*

Murphy Brown (2018)

Mad About You (2019)

CURRENTLY AIRING

6 seasons

Raven’s Home (2017-present)

The Connors (2018-present)*

2 seasons

And Just Like That (2021-present)

Frasier (2023-present)

Night Court (2023-present)

* retooled as The Connors after a 1 season of Roseanne airing, due to a racism controversy with the titular lead.

• Thanks 1

The fact that they canceled the reboot over something so innocent is what sends me. I think Hilary dodged a bullet, but I would like to see the two episodes that were shot. 

• ATRL Moderator
15 hours ago, Fitzswiftie said:

Isn’t that piece from June, why are Buzzing Pop just reporting on it now?

They probably just came across it on an account that was reposting it from an account that was reposting it from an account that was reposting it from an account that actually read the article back in June.

15 hours ago, barbiegrande said:

The appeal of those old Disney shows is taking us back to our youth. Reboots just remind us of the passage of time and its sad to see your childhood idols become losers like Christy Carlson Romano

What's wrong with Christy

Well, considering now Disney+ and Hulu are sharing the same app, why not bring it back??

14 hours ago, Fitzswiftie said:

2 seasons

Frasier (2023-present)

* retooled as The Connors after a 1 season of Roseanne airing, due to a racism controversy with the titular lead.

As far as I am aware, a second season of Frasier had yet to be greenlit.

14 hours ago, Fitzswiftie said:

THR done a piece on this exact topic, (revivals only though, not reboots), and most are lucky to last three seasons. Full House, Roseanne/The Connors and Raven are the only ones to last more than 3 seasons. 

ENDED

5 Seasons

Fuller House (2016-2020)

3 Seasons

Will & Grace (2017-2020)

iCarly (2021-2023)

2 Seasons

Saved By The Bell (2020-2021)

1 Season

Roseanne (2018)*

Murphy Brown (2018)

Mad About You (2019)

CURRENTLY AIRING

6 seasons

Raven’s Home (2017-present)

The Connors (2018-present)*

2 seasons

Frasier (2023-present)

Not to mention the lack of quality. Out of the ones I've seen, The Connors is probably the best, but still. Will & Grace fell into all the same traps it did during its original run, and And Just Like That is one of the worst things ever done to a franchise.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.