Which MPG turned actress will win in 2024 box office? Rank them in order

EndofASadMovie

2024 box office is stacked with MPGs making moves with their upcoming blockbusters. But who will be the biggest winner? 

Lady Gaga (Joker)

Ariana Grande (Wicked /) 

Taylor Swift (Deadpool 3)

Dua Lipa (Argylle)

Besides Gaga, are the actresses in the room with us? 

Also didn’t Ariana start out as a tween actress in Nickelodeon? 

1 minute ago, Erotic said:

yes? lady gaga isn't the only actress in the world that also sings, she's not special.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 9
  • Thumbs Down 7

Lady Gaga is the only serious actress and lead. The others might just be cameos. 

“A delusion shared by two” will break the October Curse of not having a 100M OW. Eras failed to do it but Gaga is the most iconic singer turned actress of all time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Deadpool 3 will win. The other 3 movies will flop. Musicals don't usually do well, even though I'd probably like Wicked a lot.

• Like 1

I mean obviously Joker, but not necessarily cos it’s Gaga, but because it’s Joker and the movie has a lot of fans already. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dussel_06 said:

Lady Gaga is the only serious actress and lead. The others might just be cameos. 

Ariana is literally the co-lead of Wicked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Erotic said:

Also didn’t Ariana start out as a tween actress in Nickelodeon? 

Ariana got her start on Broadway.

• Thanks 1

Poor Dua Lipa with a movie lead by Henry Cavill. That man has less star power than KJ Apa. 

1. Gaga

2. Taylor

3. Ariana

4. Dua

1 hour ago, dussel_06 said:

Was not aware that Glinda is a cameo role

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Ariana for sure. Besides Dua, the others aren’t actresses or singers

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, mrpartyrocker said:

I mean obviously Joker, but not necessarily cos it’s Gaga, but because it’s Joker and the movie has a lot of fans already. 

Considering it’s taking a swing with being a musical that could alienate some of its core audience it kinda is relying on Gaga to bring it to the role / the music. It will need her to succeed in an iconic role and opposite Joaquin (with singing) or the whole movie doesn’t work and we have seen how sequels to billion dollar movies can fail spectacularly if audiences reject them.

So yeah, it’s not a given the movie comes out on top and if it does Gaga will have played a necessary role in that success.

• Like 5

I’m also of the belief that no movie ends up hitting $1bn next year, so we will see if Deadpool gets a big enough bump to take over Joker (or if Joker declines enough to wind up below Deadpool if both movies end up doing less business). 

Wicked feels like a Wonka sized success story rather than biggest movie of the year and being a Part 1 could work against word of mouth especially if it’s slapped on the marketing but we will see if is a true dark horse.

Argylle concept is kinda goofy but it should do cute numbers for what it is with an aggressive marketing campaign, dead schedule and being one of the first action movies of the year. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, mrpartyrocker said:

It could also flop massively. DC movies have been flopping right and left and then they turned it into a musical and have Lady Gaga, two huge reasons that might actually turn the DC fanboys away from the box office. 

• Thanks 1

1. Deadpool 3: Nostalgia of x-men + wolverine, only MCU movie next year, doesn'tseem to derivate from original.

2. J:FAD : Sequel to 1B movie, however a lot depends on reception

3. Wicked: Coloe Purple and Wonka really showed there is audience for these types of movies but still not as much as comic book movies.

4. Argylle: This doesn't have much going for it, except for cast. And nowadays people care more about IPs/brands than cast. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LatinFreak said:

It could also flop massively. DC movies have been flopping right and left and then they turned it into a musical and have Lady Gaga, two huge reasons that might actually turn the DC fanboys away from the box office. 

Barbie was a musical…. with Barbie dolls… I’m sure Joker 2 wouldn’t be at risk more than Barbie was. I think you’re underestimating how much people loved Joker considering it restarted the idea of dressing as Joker for Halloween and reinvented what Joker would actually be as a person

4 hours ago, mrpartyrocker said:

Barbie was a musical…. with Barbie dolls… I’m sure Joker 2 wouldn’t be at risk more than Barbie was. I think you’re underestimating how much people loved Joker considering it restarted the idea of dressing as Joker for Halloween and reinvented what Joker would actually be as a person

Barbie made great use of music and visual inspiration from classic studio set musicals but it is not the same thing as being one nor was it marketed as such; it featured a standard non-diegetic pop soundtrack with only one comedic musical number that was heavily memed, and an audience receptive to it.

Joker will be a musical in the traditional sense, marketing to an audience that genre shift will have limited appeal to. I agree though that people appreciated Barbie offering something different and the Joker sequel can wind up doing something similar. 

But it’s a risk that will require Gaga to win over audiences and critics to make the conceit and new focus away from just a Taxi Driver psychological study of Joker work and she will deserve credit in the success of the movie if it does.

15 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

Ariana for sure. Besides Dua, the others aren’t actresses or singers

spacer.png

22 hours ago, dussel_06 said:

“A delusion shared by two” will break the October Curse of not having a 100M OW. Eras failed to do it but Gaga is the most iconic singer turned actress of all time.

Ariana is literally playing Glinda the good witch on Wicked... how is THAT a cameo?

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.