Media urging Taylor Swift to openly support Joe Biden in '24 re-election campaign

Feanor

I think this time she’ll just do an anti-Trump statement and encourage people to vote, not pointing to Biden in particular 

• Like 1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rac7d

• heckinglovato

• Bloo

• Big Bad Wolf

The GP doesn't give a **** who a celebrity endorses. :rip: It's shown to have no effect on the outcome.

If anything speaking out only makes people lose fans so there's no point.

• Like 1

have they tried descheduling the marijuana? I thought descheduling the marijuana was lovely :alexz2:

• Like 1

The pedestal celebrities are put on is just ridiculous lately. Imagine looking to celebrities for validation on world affairs regarding war, genocide, and elections. :deadbanana4:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Why would Taylor or any person with wide reach and influence take the responsibity for what could eventually be a disaster? She knows much better than to openly support any politician.

8 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

This is just stupid. You all are overstimating Taylor’s power. She just has a big fandom, but she doesn’t have any political power.

They want the young people motivated to vote again like last time, that beat trump at all cost power they pettiness a Stan base has to buy the same song 12x and cheat stream for the number 1 

they ain’t gonna get it but I see their angle

26 minutes ago, modeblock said:

have they tried descheduling the marijuana? I thought descheduling the marijuana was lovely :alexz2:

Or let’s revisit discharging those student loans, that would have locked this all up 

• Thanks 1

Americans need to realize you’re caught between a rock and a hard place. Unfortunately, the US is a lifelong ally of Israel. If Trump were in office, he’d have done same, if not worse. I’m mentioning him because he’s the most likely opposition in your next election. Despite his ongoing federal and state lawsuits, that mofo is still polling higher that the remaining republican hopefuls put together. For the life of me, I’ll never understand his chokehold on his followers. His image should be irrevocably tarnished at this point. 

Anyway, this is the point where you have to get pragmatic. I certainly agree that there should be an upper age limit on presidential candidacy but as it’s not currently constitutionalised, that’s neither here nor there. You need to make do with the lesser of two evils. Unless you want a volatile petulant manchild criminal as your president (again), Biden is it. I don’t know that there’s ample time to introduce a formidable Democrat player at this stage in the race. 

I understand the current disapproval ratings and apathy of young voters. This is where Taylor’s influence can be most potent. I absolutely believe she’s capable of moving the needle in terms of voter registration. I think that’s as far as an endorsement she should go. Of course, it’d be better if she influence the party, but that’s not feasible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Unless they allow Taylor to choose the presidential candidate, she should stay away from Dems. :gaycat5:

• Like 1

The audacity! I hope they don't pressure her into openly supporting that excuse of a President  :biblio:

honestly no one is going to give taylor sh1t this time around if she chooses to remain silent like in 2016. no one likes genocide joe and were doomed to the lesser evil hellhole

21 hours ago, beautiful player said:

She needs to, yes. However, it's not as simple as endorsing him :confused: She needs to use her ability to shape/build narratives to either portray Biden in a better light (i.e. bring voters towards him), or coerce him into shifting positions on contentious issues in a way that is more favourable to the leftist populace. Addressing left's inability to conjure up unified and coherent messaging is where she can really add value as a political powerhouse. :celestial: 

Not COERCE him :ahh:

20 hours ago, airplane said:

that's something only celebrities out of touch with reality like lana would do. taylor is smart.

:deadbanana4:

20 hours ago, Mr.X said:

Democrats need to get a new candidate if they are hoping to win. Suicide Joe is just as bad as Trump and he should be exited from the position asap.

:gaycat7:

16 hours ago, Nova_23 said:

This is the 3rd election in the row the democrats are trying to get Taylor to support their weak and unelectable candidate instead of giving us someone to actually vote for :rip:

And this is why Trump will win. 

Maybe they will bring Katy Perry back from 2016. :fan:

This thread has me cackling. Omg. 

Edited by jakeisphat

They need to leave that girl alone and stop trying to push her into such situations. American politics is much bigger than Taylor Swift, and she doesn't have to answer by openly supporting anyone.

It's going to be an ugly election year, one way or another. And she doesn't need to be in the middle of it; she will have a target on her if she does. I can just about imagine what the articles would be like. Joe will be the better candidate in this presidential election but, for how low the bar is set, is still piss poor.

If he wants Democrats to win again he needs to step down and let someone whose public image isn't rotten be the candidate instead, not have Taylor Swift support a doomed candidature that not even those who voted for him the last time around want to happen nnnnnn

Why would one of the most popular people in America stick her neck out to endorse the one of most unpopular people in America? :toofunny2: 

2 hours ago, yourfaveisaflop said:

Yeah I don’t even think she can save us. We are doomed next year :rip:

I don’t like it but I think the only way for change to actually happen is to tear things down and that will only happen when things get to their lowest point . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rac7d said:

I don’t like it but I think the only way for change to actually happen is to tear things down and that will only happen when things get to their lowest point . 

Change isnt rapid and I dont think too many people out there are privileged enough to watch it burn down to be able to start fresh

15 minutes ago, ArtForFreedom said:

Change isnt rapid and I dont think too many people out there are privileged enough to watch it burn down to be able to start fresh

Mabey we’ll have to just suffer someso the next in line can live well Rather then just settle for the lesser of two evils for the rest of eternity 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.