Megan Thee Stallion DRAGS Spotify: "I feel like if you’re 15 you have Spotify"

illia

Megan, I love you bb, but what is this, honey? Spotify is the largest streaming service on the planet - it's like dragging Netflix. Why do this to your career and to your stans that use that service? Y'all say it's not that serious, but it low-key is. Most human beings are very, very petty creatures. I bet she's gonna end up rihleasing a statement. :deadbanana4:

Edited by modeblock
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NEUTRON

• ThinkLater

• jesus del rey

• Strawberry Bubble

9 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

I don't get her point. Is she saying only teenagers have Spotify or people are using streaming services in general from a very early age, which is somehow problematic? 

I'm confused tho

I feel like she's mad because people have stopped paying attention to her music for a year ahead. BNA curse did that? How about making better music instead? :michael:

This is... so stupid :deadbanana4:

It's a music streaming platform? They all have the exact same catalogue, what tf does that even mean? And also... who cares.

• Like 1

It's certainly just a (bad) joke and not meant to be taken seriously, but as an artist, the last thing you should do is drag one of your main sources of income :dies:

• Like 2

4 pages for this? Nn

It's really a harmless attempt at a joke even though it's not funny

• Thanks 1

Spotify ain’t gotta lie they ain’t streaming my music

• Haha 2

Y'all getting mad at this as if there aren't threads on ere every other week about whether Apple is better than Samsung...it's really not that serious

• Haha 3

Just because they dont stream your ass doesn't mean you have to hate on it megan

idk why but I thought y’all were smart enough to understand when someone is clearly joking (even if the joke sucks but still) 

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2023 at 6:11 AM, Gelato said:

does she think it only has a free tier or something? :rip:

from an artist standpoint... Spotify checks are always the wackest so I wouldn't be surprised if she thought this.

Edited by NEUTRON
  • Like 3

:toofunny2: Not the head Hottie coming for me. Shiidd, I would gladly go back to age 15 if that meant someone else pay for my Spotify subscription and the rest of my bills lol.

damn is it that personal yall? :deadbanana2:

but she’s right, apple music >

Edited by Cult Leader 𐕣𐕣

Probably cos Spotify publicly show their data and she’s presssed about something. Bet, even if it’s a joke, some people at Spotify will remember this for future playlisting 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cult Leader 𐕣𐕣 said:

damn is it that personal yall? :deadbanana2:

but she’s right, apple music >

the people on this site live and breathe Spotify. of course they took it personal

10 hours ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Bet, even if it’s a joke, some people at Spotify will remember this for future playlisting 

this is what I was thinking!

and as a newly indie artist she needs all the support she can get.

You can't be talking major label sh*t on a independent artist budget.

Edited by NEUTRON

On 12/24/2023 at 6:03 PM, stupidjock said:

??? :skull: 

What does using Spotify has to do with age, it's just a streaming service??

And the most popular way to consume music?

:ahh:

She would have known this if her songs were more relevant.

On 12/24/2023 at 3:28 PM, Paky McGee said:

I'm confused tho

I feel like she's mad because people have stopped paying attention to her music for a year ahead. BNA curse did that? How about making better music instead? :michael:

I feel the same. She was never popular in my country, anyway, so whatever.

It's kinda odd to say that, especially because her song "Savage" became viral thanks to TikTok, where there are waaay more kids than on Spotify. Maybe a lot of her fans are actually 15 lol. 

Edited by Sebastián Muñoz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.