is "Barbenheimer" corny straight ppl humor?

Asscatchem

is it corny  

69 members have voted

1. 1. is it corny

• no its hilarious
    • 🌽

1256307-la-me-barbie-house-santa-monica-

It's just a movie version of this meme. Y'all are insufferable 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Asscatchem

• Raptus

• ThinkLater

• hyde

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than twitter gays and white girls writing "MOTHER!" for the millionth time. Lana must think her stans are the dumbest people ever :toofunny3:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Asscatchem said:

i disagree the gays generally have better humor than the straights

Are you gay? If you are, that statement is false

:ryan3:

Edited by Raptus

Straight (male) humor is generally corny, but the gays will always cape for them as evidenced by this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

a cringefest pushed by the oppenheimer fans and promoters knowing damn well they had no chance of topping barbie. plus what margot recently revealed about being asked to push the movie. lol

• Like 1

Two major and such vastly different movies coming out at the same time was truly a fun cultural event.

But all the memes are corny and try-hard to me. :gaycat6:

Atrl: Pop culture is getting bring

*major pop culture event happens*

Atrl: Meh

BARBIE is the movie event of the decade and you will DEALLLL

• Thanks 1

I think it probably started on the internet as an innocent joke but then it quickly got picked up by corporations as a marketing tool and that's kinda what sucked fun out of it immediately

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

the entire meme was a marketing ploy for both movies, it's crazy that people haven't realized that :rip:

• Like 2

It really isn’t that deep but it felt big here because cinema as a whole has been struggling and movie theatres be closing down everywhere, so it was refreshing to see genuine excitement going back into that side of the industry.

Maybe it's how my TL is curated, but I'm pretty much I saw more gays (and girls) partake in the 'Barbenheimer' thing than straights, so it's just "corny" to me, but not straight.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

I think it probably started on the internet as an innocent joke but then it quickly got picked up by corporations as a marketing tool and that's kinda what sucked fun out of it immediately

this. it got co-opted by so many corporations and represents the pits of capitalism-infested culture

barberheimer-shading.jpg

imo it was industry plant 🪴 meme to promote both movies 

but yes, str8 humor is generally corny.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EndofASadMovie said:

1256307-la-me-barbie-house-santa-monica-

It's just a movie version of this meme. Y'all are insufferable 

thats reputation and lover. lets not degrade that meme by equating it to a corny corporate-backed marketing ploy that obviously wasnt forced to sell tickets

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

its corny. 

We could have had a KatyGaga 2013 moment and celebrated them both so I think the straight is doing it better with barbeiheimer.

• Like 1

Corny or not, who cares? It was a cute, lighthearted, and harmless trend that re-energized movie theaters for a short time and gave us something to enjoy in times that constantly feel overwhelmingly gloomy and dystopian.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hyde said:

I dont think so since it shows how the film community isnt competitive and instead of comparing the both they managed to make a whole entire theme that mixtapes barbie and Oppenheimer and i think its hilarious :jonnycat:

eh

I'm quite sure "Barbenheimer" was partially pushed by one or both of the films' marketing teams. Many "viral" moments nowadays are given $ome help.

Plus, people have speculated that Warner Bros scheduled Barbie against Oppenheimer to get back at Nolan, so I wouldn't say the film community isn't competitive. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.