• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• JanStan

• TaggedGalaxy

• Alyssa Edwards

This is a great policy! and those complaining this is somehow "unfair" are really showing your fatphobia 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

Obesity is a disease of ignorance and malnutrition. Those who suffer should be reasonably accomodated. :giraffe:

Obese =/= fat. 

obesity should not be encouraged :sorry:

Edited by Shendelzare

This is good (besides for potentially having to kick someone out). Obesity is now being considered as a chronic disease, and not just simply a result of what you eat. I think everyone should strive to be as healthy as possible, but we shouldn't exclude overweight/obese from doing things "healthy" people do.

• Like 6

No one cares about a persons weight. It’s when they encroach on the rights of others when it’s a problem. To take a seat from one person so that you can have two is GROSS.

Next they’ll be demanding double portions at restaurants without paying for it so they can be as satiated as average weight people. It’s typical leftist unhinged behavior. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

15 minutes ago, JanStan said:

Next they’ll be demanding double portions at restaurants without paying for it so they can be as satiated as average weight people. It’s typical leftist unhinged behavior. 

:deadbanana2: wtf

please close this thread! we are reaching new ATRL lows! 

I think the part that suggests other people could be kicked off to be able to give a free extra seat to a fat person can’t be accurate in practice. It’s a detail like that in an article that will inflame people to be outraged about how that’s such an unfair practice. I can’t imagine the airline would be willing to kick off a person entirely just for this.  I think this is a good policy in general to help fat people but it’s easy to overlook the good and be outraged by focussing on a very unlikely interpretation of how this policy would actually be applied in real life. 

Edited by SleepNoMore
  • Like 1

Just now, Breathe On Moi said:

:deadbanana2: wtf

please close this thread! we are reaching new ATRL lows! 

Taking someone’s seat so you can have two = reasonable

Double portions in a restaurant = new low 

Your logic isn’t logicing.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Gelato said:

Fair enough. People shouldn't be packed into planes like sardines anyway.

sardines? sis....sardines?? Try another fish :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

Nice! My fave can use this policy once her Xmas checks dry up by late January!

spacer.png

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

I don't get what you mean, it's just a saying?

12 minutes ago, 305 said:

This is INSANE and does not need to be normalized 

The reality is that it already is normalized. A huge percentage of Americans (35-45%) are considered obese. What do you expect American airline companies to do here? Not offer any accommodations to what could be nearly half their customers? 

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

Best-Canned-Sardines.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

The reality is that it already is normalized. A huge percentage of Americans (35-45%) are considered obese. What do you expect American airline companies to do here? Not offer any accommodations to what could be nearly half their customers? 

Omg are you seriously suggesting that 35% - 45% of Americans need two seats? Stop manipulating facts because there isn’t an actual valid argument why this is ok. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JanStan said:

Omg are you seriously suggesting that 35% - 45% of Americans need two seats? Stop manipulating facts because there isn’t an actual valid argument why this is ok. 

A huge percentage of Americans need two seats yes. That’s almost half of Americans with an obese BMI. 

10 minutes ago, Doogle said:

Just lose weight? Absolute wronguns

How are people supposed to lose significant amount of weight before a flight though? Most recommendations only allow a loss of 1 lb per week. 

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

A huge percentage of Americans need two seats yes. That’s almost half of Americans with an obese BMI. 

I agree that the country is overweight as a whole. But you can be obese or have a high BMI and not need 2 seats. That is the case for the majority of people.  It’s dishonest to suggest that having a high BMI is the same as being fat enough to NEED two seats. If your size encroaches on the comfort of the person sitting next to you you should buy two seats. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.