Legend E's Best of 2023 | RECAP + WORST ALBUMS LIST

Legend E

I don't buy that Taylor actually named this track **** back in 2014, she 100% did it to spark a talk online. Girlie was still doing the wholesome-christian-girl-next-door image back in 2013.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Legend E

• Brandon

• JGibson

• Renzo_

wait i really love the visuals hereeee omg. tension and bad idea are on so many lists now im feeling pressured lmao

4 hours ago, Legend E said:

Ugh I know a lot of people didn't like Fuse that much :'( I personally think it's stunning (but more on that in the coming days :eli: ). Not sure if you refer to the songs or the albums (so Temperamental instead of Five Fathoms I guess), but both are great. Walking Wounded especially ended up being one of my favourite albums ever. The title track is excellent. Their music before these albums was also stunning, I definitely recommend it.

Yes Temperamental is what I meant but I love the song too :bird: And their debut album Eden used to my jam when there was pandemic and I had time to discover music

4 hours ago, Legend E said:

Screenshot_2023-12-13_021204-removebg-pr

Everything Is Sweet just like this song and entire record wbk 

Can't wait to see the album placement. EIS is a jam!

Rooftops is THAT girl, can't believe she released one of the best songs this year with a Deluxe track. Others can't relate :clap3:

The way opening harmonies on The Grants kinda gagged me for some reason like, she really wants us to experienced that holy ghost in the first listen :jonny: Also Everything Is Sweet is very AC white moms coded and i love it!

Ahhhh great song choices so far but I need to highlight No One Knows We're Dancing. It's not quite my top pick from them, but a great song/single.

15 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

wait i really love the visuals hereeee omg. tension and bad idea are on so many lists now im feeling pressured lmao

Tension is low key a top 20 Kylie track and I say that as a stan :smile:

3 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

honestly ill take your word for it. if i didnt finalize my own lists already i might have considered sneaking it in. the production is everything

Stan Hatchie a bit.

The graphiques are fun and remind me of my own from a couple years ago. That froot looks familiar in the most loving way! 

"Absolutely euphoric song from Remy here." OMG thank you for the praise!!! So glad someone appreciated my music this year! Anyway I couldn't get into ha. favorite kind of high is good idc! bad idea right? YUPPPPPP my overall fave from her. Blue Dress is okay from what I remember. "I hate how overlooked their music was this year" Same but I also can't blame people for overlooking it, the album could've been stronger. :dancehall: Smoke mmmmmmm best song on JAG II. Sl*t! is meh, my 4th place from the 1989 vault. Rooftops is cute! Although I've always seen her as The Rhythm 2.0. Probably forgot about The Grants seconds after it ended :oh:

• ATRL Moderator

Screenshot_2023-12-11_153209-removebg-preview_1.png?ex=6589976e&is=6577226e&hm=7f4188d24be86585f3b34fc9c0ad0f4f66e380fcc672533b95d6877cc01ae8ca&

Screenshot_2023-12-16_033923-removebg-pr

Definitely one of Kali's best singles, such an atmospheric feeling to it. I don't mind that it's quite repetitive.

Screenshot_2023-12-16_034041-removebg-pr

It's a cute one, not much to say about it x

Screenshot_2023-12-16_034155-removebg-pr

The worst single on TFG for me, but still amazing!

Screenshot_2023-12-16_034352-removebg-pr

There is so much going on in this masterpiece, and in the best sense possible. Definitely give it a shot if you haven't yet.

Screenshot_2023-12-16_034539-removebg-pr

Best vault single she released this year (but not the best vault track, more on that later :eli: )

Screenshot_2023-12-16_040100-removebg-pr

Kali snapped even harder with Moonlight :jonny5: 

Screenshot_2023-12-16_040229-removebg-pr

Literally pop perfection!

Screenshot_2023-12-16_040337-removebg-pr

Again, a more atmospheric one from EBTG. I love how relaxed this is.

Screenshot_2023-12-16_040446-removebg-pr

So happy to have them back to form, and looking forward to the new material :duca: 

Screenshot_2023-12-16_040606-removebg-pr

Not sure if this is the popular opinion or not, but NS is my fave single on the album, it just makes me feel great.

Screenshot_2023-12-16_040721-removebg-pr

It's nice, Caroline slayed more with last year's singles + album tracks tho x

Screenshot_2023-12-16_040914-removebg-pr

Took me forever to get into this, but once it hit, it hit :jonny5: 

Screenshot_2023-12-16_041031-removebg-pr

Maybe more people should make less personal albums x

Screenshot_2023-12-16_041141-removebg-pr

One of Miley's best songs. Why can't she smash with songs like this and Angels Like You instead.

Screenshot_2023-12-16_041256-removebg-pr

Send me in space, queen!

• ATRL Moderator

Sorry for the delayed update and the delayed replies. Let's hope it won't happen again :'( 

On 12/13/2023 at 3:17 AM, ARTPØP said:

Bad Idea Right? :clap3: Sl*t! :alexz:

Excited for the rest of your list! :gayriahcat3:

Thank you so much!

On 12/13/2023 at 4:05 AM, Alldeezy said:

Tension + Bad Idea Right + Blue Dress :alexz:

the records are so cute btw :smitten:

Stan the graphics, queen!

On 12/13/2023 at 4:30 AM, Hey Dude said:

I don't buy that Taylor actually named this track **** back in 2014, she 100% did it to spark a talk online. Girlie was still doing the wholesome-christian-girl-next-door image back in 2013.

Lmao of course she didn't. I think most vault tracks were not written back when she says they were. Like, compare the writing on Timeless to the rest of Speak Now :skull: 

On 12/13/2023 at 6:19 AM, GreatestLoveofAll said:

hmm i mean they're good, but there are better songs out there :eli: 

On 12/13/2023 at 6:33 AM, JGibson said:

Slút :worship:

thank you!

On 12/13/2023 at 7:19 AM, stupidjock said:

Yes Temperamental is what I meant but I love the song too :bird: And their debut album Eden used to my jam when there was pandemic and I had time to discover music

Can't wait to see the album placement. EIS is a jam!

actually Eden is my least favourite album of theirs. The Language of Life is very underrated tho! I feel you'll be happy with Sophie's placement in the albums chart #soon :eli: 

On 12/13/2023 at 9:28 AM, rvx said:

Cool use of graphics :clap3:

Thank you!

On 12/13/2023 at 1:02 PM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Rooftops is THAT girl, can't believe she released one of the best songs this year with a Deluxe track. Others can't relate :clap3:

The way opening harmonies on The Grants kinda gagged me for some reason like, she really wants us to experienced that holy ghost in the first listen :jonny: Also Everything Is Sweet is very AC white moms coded and i love it!

Every song Hatchie releases is stunning wbk! Yass that opening is my fave part in The Grants!

On 12/13/2023 at 7:37 PM, Ewan Chaos said:

Ahhhh great song choices so far but I need to highlight No One Knows We're Dancing. It's not quite my top pick from them, but a great song/single.

What an underrated song :jonny5: 

On 12/13/2023 at 9:22 PM, Hey Dude said:

PoKi...

On 12/14/2023 at 1:09 AM, GreatestLoveofAll said:

honestly ill take your word for it. if i didnt finalize my own lists already i might have considered sneaking it in. the production is everything

don't, he's lying.

23 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Stan Hatchie a bit.

The graphiques are fun and remind me of my own from a couple years ago. That froot looks familiar in the most loving way! 

yes ma'am i stole your graphics from 2078 years ago

20 hours ago, Remmy said:

"Absolutely euphoric song from Remy here." OMG thank you for the praise!!! So glad someone appreciated my music this year! Anyway I couldn't get into ha. favorite kind of high is good idc! bad idea right? YUPPPPPP my overall fave from her. Blue Dress is okay from what I remember. "I hate how overlooked their music was this year" Same but I also can't blame people for overlooking it, the album could've been stronger. :dancehall: Smoke mmmmmmm best song on JAG II. Sl*t! is meh, my 4th place from the 1989 vault. Rooftops is cute! Although I've always seen her as The Rhythm 2.0. Probably forgot about The Grants seconds after it ended :oh:

dfvdfv; I am surprised you didn't like Remy tho, thought it should be up your alley. FKOH is not good. I enjoyed Aly & Aj's album a great deal, love how laid back it was. ****! and IION clear the other vault tracks x

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚  :heart2:

tyy :heart: 

11 hours ago, khalyan said:

Sophie :clap3:

thank uu

4 hours ago, Renzo_ said:

Hatchie! Need to check her new work. The Rhythm was a bop. 

we're waiting for a new album :'( 

1 hour ago, worldwide angel said:

the vinylcore and the hits :clap3: we stan

thank you!!

• Haha 1

Is It Over Now? (TV) (FTV) :worship:

Contact yassss :jonny3:

Snooze is the best song on SOS for me 

I Wish You Roses, Pearls, Moonlight, Smoke, Snooze and Contact are so freaking good :jonny:

I was obsessed with Alison's solo album but i'm kinda tired with it for a while lol but that Deluxe tracks also really good though. The Sugababes new song is cute. The new album better be released next year :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

Screenshot_2023-12-11_153209-removebg-preview_1.png?ex=6589976e&is=6577226e&hm=7f4188d24be86585f3b34fc9c0ad0f4f66e380fcc672533b95d6877cc01ae8ca&

Screenshot_2023-12-16_231454-removebg-pr

Maybe this doesn't deserve to be included here in 2023 because Miss Clown decided to pull her clownery again and released it as a single, but oh well. It's stunning, what can I say.

Screenshot_2023-12-16_231630-removebg-pr

One of my fave singles from the album, absolutely hypnotic.

Screenshot_2023-12-16_231727-removebg-pr

Much better than Tension for me. An instant generic bop!

Screenshot_2023-12-16_231907-removebg-pr

I feel this was in general quite forgotten and remains quite underrated. On par with the rest of their latest material!

Screenshot_2023-12-16_232018-removebg-pr

I hope the album sounds more like this because this was...other worldly. I was absolutely stunned when I heard this the first time!

• ATRL Moderator
18 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

Jaded :heart:

Thank you! :heart: 

14 hours ago, JGibson said:

Is It Over Now? (TV) (FTV) :worship:

13 hours ago, stupidjock said:

Jaded and Contact are just so... :jonny: For me maybe top 2 best songs released this year

the taste :jonny5: stunning masterpieces

13 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

Contact yassss :jonny3:

Snooze is the best song on SOS for me 

Both excellent songs, but there is at least one certain song better than Snooze :eli: 

9 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

I Wish You Roses, Pearls, Moonlight, Smoke, Snooze and Contact are so freaking good :jonny:

I was obsessed with Alison's solo album but i'm kinda tired with it for a while lol but that Deluxe tracks also really good though. The Sugababes new song is cute. The new album better be released next year :clap3:

I actually kinda disliked the second disc of her album. The run of the first tracks is absolutely excellent! I hope a new Sugababes record is coming as well, The Lost Tapes was excellent :duca: 

Padam Padam love i expect nothing less :clap3:

Jaded is a great song, I wish i realized it earlier. not the best off that album but its a solid single material

Just relistened to the Carly Shy Boy song and i see the appeal actual its good. Im tryna get into Caroline tho shes always on these lists lmao

Taylor is pretty overrated to me and I usually try to avoid threads with her to keep my thoughts to myself but when she HITS she HITS. Cruel Summer is one of the best pop songs of the last 10 years and im glad it got its moment to shine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.