Legend E's Best of 2023 | RECAP + WORST ALBUMS LIST

Legend E

Favorite kind of high, Tension, Sl*t!, Jaded, Is It Over Now, Cruel Summer, Padam Padam:katie2:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Legend E

• Brandon

• JGibson

• Renzo_

Over + Padam Padam + Cruel Summer :clap3:

Padam Padam wasn't instant for me, more like the opposite but yess bop :WAP:

Tension >>> Padam :mandown: love the Cruel Summer inclusion tho, would be high on my list too

Contact and Snooze are such smashes :jonny2: Smoke is a bit overrated to me idk, but it's cute

I Got It, Moonlight, Is It Over Now?, I Wish You Roses and Shy Boy :clap3:

Cruel Summer, Padam2x and te mata is just that bops :jonny:

Over might not be Chvrches best single but it still a slay as an non album single. Also can't wait for Lauren's solo album next year :clap3:

Shy Boy is definitely a cute bop :clap3: 

Is It Over Now? def not my fave from Taylor, but its for sure a grower :heart:

Snooze :alexz3: Jaded :clap: Padam Padam :loud:

By The End Of The Night & Cruel Summer :alexz::alexz::alexz:

Ready for your top 15!

• ATRL Moderator

Screenshot_2023-12-11_153209-removebg-preview_1.png?ex=6589976e&is=6577226e&hm=7f4188d24be86585f3b34fc9c0ad0f4f66e380fcc672533b95d6877cc01ae8ca&

Screenshot_2023-12-18_011353-removebg-pr

What a grower! That last minute is probably one of the best musical moments of the year.

Screenshot_2023-12-18_011444-removebg-pr

Okaayyy Sade! No, but seriously, a stunning sophisti-pop inspired masterpiece!

Screenshot_2023-12-18_011601-removebg-pr

Don't know why everyone is going crazy for Contact but completely missing out on the fact that this is better.

Screenshot_2023-12-18_011703-removebg-pr

Yeah, a very underrated song on SLAYmistry. It falls somewhere in the middle overall, but it's great. The gospel part is a moment, and there are some lyrical highlights, the opening line being one of my favourite lines on the entire album :heart: 

Screenshot_2023-12-18_011817-removebg-pr

You can never go wrong with MUNA, queens of slaying on any song they release.

It's surprising how big Cruel summer became during 2023, at first it wasn't one of my faves from Lover, but it has grown on me a lot :alexz:

• ATRL Moderator
On 12/16/2023 at 11:39 PM, GreatestLoveofAll said:

Padam Padam love i expect nothing less :clap3:

Jaded is a great song, I wish i realized it earlier. not the best off that album but its a solid single material

Just relistened to the Carly Shy Boy song and i see the appeal actual its good. Im tryna get into Caroline tho shes always on these lists lmao

Taylor is pretty overrated to me and I usually try to avoid threads with her to keep my thoughts to myself but when she HITS she HITS. Cruel Summer is one of the best pop songs of the last 10 years and im glad it got its moment to shine.

I definitely think Jaded is the best on ESV, it has that Miley-specific punch that not a lot of the other songs have. Shy Boy is a v cute song! Listen to Bends tho :eli: Definitely check out Caroline, she is the perfect blend of pop and alternative imo.

I am 100% with you on the Taylor topic, which is surprising since she is my third most listened artist. I really don't like her personality and let me keep it just at that. But when she slays she slays (but she also has some of the worst songs I ever heard - e.g. The Man and TIWCHNT)

23 hours ago, gagacasanova said:

Favorite kind of high, Tension, Sl*t!, Jaded, Is It Over Now, Cruel Summer, Padam Padam:katie2:

thank you!

22 hours ago, JGibson said:

Over + Padam Padam + Cruel Summer :clap3:

thanks!

19 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

Padam Padam wasn't instant for me, more like the opposite but yess bop :WAP:

oh Padam x2 was quite instant for me. Kelly released FKOH on that same day and I was like "well, at least Kylie knows how to release a generic bop that is good"

15 hours ago, stupidjock said:

Padam Padam in top 20 yessss

yessss

14 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Tension >>> Padam :mandown: love the Cruel Summer inclusion tho, would be high on my list too

Contact and Snooze are such smashes :jonny2: Smoke is a bit overrated to me idk, but it's cute

I Got It, Moonlight, Is It Over Now?, I Wish You Roses and Shy Boy :clap3:

Disagree on Tension and Padam x. Smoke is indeed a bit overrated, there are better songs on Desire

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

𝙲𝚛𝚞𝚎𝚕 𝚂𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛 :heart2:

thank youu :heart: 

10 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Cruel Summer, Padam2x and te mata is just that bops :jonny:

Over might not be Chvrches best single but it still a slay as an non album single. Also can't wait for Lauren's solo album next year :clap3:

Stan Te Mata :clap3:

Over is such a catchy song, I can't help but be slayed :cm: 

5 hours ago, ARTPØP said:

Shy Boy is definitely a cute bop :clap3: 

Is It Over Now? def not my fave from Taylor, but its for sure a grower :heart:

Snooze :alexz3: Jaded :clap: Padam Padam :loud:

By The End Of The Night & Cruel Summer :alexz::alexz::alexz:

Ready for your top 15!

IION is definitely a great grower! Tysm!

5 hours ago, Renzo_ said:

Cruel Summer + Over. :worship:

thank you!

Just now, Mr. Loco said:

It's surprising how big Cruel summer became during 2023, at first it wasn't one of my faves from Lover, but it has grown on me a lot :alexz:

oh it was definitely a hit waiting to happen. hope more artists copy this idea and release older songs as singles

Finally caught up.

Tension, bad idea right?, ****, Is It Over Now, Shy Boy, Jaded, Cruel Summer, Padam Padam, Houdini :clap3:

13 hours ago, Legend E said:

Screenshot_2023-12-11_153209-removebg-preview_1.png?ex=6589976e&is=6577226e&hm=7f4188d24be86585f3b34fc9c0ad0f4f66e380fcc672533b95d6877cc01ae8ca&

Screenshot_2023-12-18_011353-removebg-pr

What a grower! That last minute is probably one of the best musical moments of the year.

Screenshot_2023-12-18_011444-removebg-pr

Okaayyy Sade! No, but seriously, a stunning sophisti-pop inspired masterpiece!

Screenshot_2023-12-18_011601-removebg-pr

Don't know why everyone is going crazy for Contact but completely missing out on the fact that this is better.

Screenshot_2023-12-18_011703-removebg-pr

Yeah, a very underrated song on SLAYmistry. It falls somewhere in the middle overall, but it's great. The gospel part is a moment, and there are some lyrical highlights, the opening line being one of my favourite lines on the entire album :heart: 

Screenshot_2023-12-18_011817-removebg-pr

You can never go wrong with MUNA, queens of slaying on any song they release.

Besides MUNA since im not familar, I love this entire update. Playing the Kelly song rn and love that Houdini already slayed you this much! an amazing lead single

Waiting for MUNA to pop off for more than just for one song per album, if that. 

One That Got Away is pretty alright, nothing spectacular, but I think it could grow on me. 

Dua :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

Screenshot_2023-12-18_225555-removebg-pr

Please win the Oscar queen, I almost cried in the cinema when this played in the movie.

Screenshot_2023-12-18_225802-removebg-pr

An atmospheric dance masterpiece. Slay queen!

Screenshot_2023-12-18_225710-removebg-pr

Such a magisterial song wtf. The emotions and the vocals are absolutely incredible. Susanne is so underrated.

Screenshot_2023-12-18_225859-removebg-pr

Yes yes Disco demo blah blah. Idgaf. This outsold Flopdam and Flopsion.

Screenshot_2023-12-18_225956-removebg-pr

(the background remover flopped :skull:)

This is such a stunner, I wish it was a bit longer. She has such a refreshing sound.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Guesses for top 5? :lakitu:  I am sure it will be very surprising!

21 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Finally caught up.

Tension, bad idea right?, ****, Is It Over Now, Shy Boy, Jaded, Cruel Summer, Padam Padam, Houdini :clap3:

Thank youu!

11 hours ago, JGibson said:

Houdini :worship:

thanks!

10 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

Besides MUNA since im not familar, I love this entire update. Playing the Kelly song rn and love that Houdini already slayed you this much! an amazing lead single

I am recommending MUNA for sure, if you are into sad bops done well.

9 hours ago, Album Leak said:

Waiting for MUNA to pop off for more than just for one song per album, if that. 

One That Got Away is pretty alright, nothing spectacular, but I think it could grow on me. 

oh that's not- MUNA's albums have a lot of amazing songs, their latest record was particularly flawless.

2 hours ago, Renzo_ said:

MUNA :clap3:

thankss

1 hour ago, Alldeezy said:

Dua :clap3:

ty ty

• Like 1

Hold On To Now + Kill Bill :alexz:

2 hours ago, Legend E said:

Guesses for top 5? :lakitu:  I am sure it will be very surprising!

I genuinely cant guess I dont know your music taste that well and if it surprising then im gonna be so off :toofunny2:

Billie and SZA top 10 that im not surprised at :clap3:

What Was I Made For? :worship:

Kill bill is cute :party:

SZA + Billie Eillish + Kylie Minogue + Taylor Swift :clap3:

Edited by rvx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.