Did Nicki Minaj Deliver With Pink Friday 2?

Bethenny Frankel

Did Nicki deliver???  

320 members have voted

1. 1. Clap if you think she delivered

The coping in here :rip:

Best rap album of the year and y’all can’t name another one. Go!

• Haha 1

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImpressMeMuch

• Gladiator

• suburbannature

• IceSpice

29 minutes ago, Bookmark99 said:

Yeah...it's okay. Like a couple of good songs here and there but really underwhelming considering all of the hype. 

And I'm so over the 20+ album track trend...I know its to increase streams but its so lame...learn to put together a cohesive body of work. 

If you're a fan, you'd obviously expect at least 20 songs after 5 years of not having a new album. Not everything is about increasing streams - it may actually have the opposite effect of diluting streams across songs. Nicki obviously dgaf about putting together a "cohesive" body of work - she's not trying to be Beyonce and she definitely doesn't care about winning Grammys or getting critical acclaim. She's just making songs she enjoys for her fans, not for a bunch of internet critics 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, CatchIt said:

If you're a fan, you'd obviously expect at least 20 songs after 5 years of not having a new album. Not everything is about increasing streams - it may actually have the opposite effect of diluting streams across songs. Nicki obviously dgaf about putting together a "cohesive" body of work - she's not trying to be Beyonce and she definitely doesn't care about winning Grammys or getting critical acclaim. She's just making songs she enjoys for her fans, not for a bunch of internet critics 

But then maybe she shouldn't be ranting on Twitter about how this album is going to break the internet, the trackless is exceptional, nobody is doing it like her, etc etc. She keeps setting herself up as "the best female rapper!!1!" but she also apparently doesn't care about critics and acclaim? Seems ridiculous to have it both ways. Also, she clearly seeks validation from Barbz who agree with all her decisions, considering she barks at those who criticize her... 

Edited by sciencemagic
  • Thanks 2

I couldn't get through the whole thing so.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sciencemagic said:

But then maybe she shouldn't be ranting on Twitter about how this album is going to break the internet, the trackless is exceptional, nobody is doing it like her, etc etc. She keeps setting herself up as "the best female rapper!!1!" but she also apparently doesn't care about critics and acclaim? Seems ridiculous to have it both ways. Also, she clearly seeks validation from Barbz who agree with all her decisions, considering she barks at those who criticize her... 

It's all subjective at the end of the day. She's always been a narcissist so it's not unexpected. I do agree she sets expectations really high sometimes because of the things she says but i guess if you're a fan, you'd be used to it by now. 

It’s a snooze fest ngl. Sometimes you should be careful what you wish for because your fave may just comeback with an album like this. 

It's a disjointed mess of an album that sounds like a bunch of throwaway songs put together in a hurry. The production on most of the songs is straight up garbage and sounds cheap.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, IceSpice said:

The coping in here :rip:

Best rap album of the year and y’all can’t name another one. Go!

There are many...

billy woods - maps
nas - magic 3

larry june and the alchemist -  the great escape

skyzoo - the mind of a saint
lil uzi vert - pink tape

rod wave - nostalgia

noname - sundial (best female rap release)
dave east - fortune favors the bold
slowthai - ugly

logic - college park
kaytramine
offset - set it off

dax - what is life

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

there are a few stinkers but there are also some pretty good songs. The obvious sampling can be fun (SFG, the cindy lauper one, red ruby) or annoying (everybodyeverybodyeverybodybodybodybody, the billie song) 

I still have to listen to it more but for now I think it's better than Scarlet :eli:

17 hours ago, Gladiator said:

There are many...

billy woods - maps
nas - magic 3

lil uzi vert - pink tape

rod wave - nostalgia

slowthai - ugly

logic - college park
kaytramine
offset - set it off

dax - what is life

Danny brown had 2 good releases too :clack:

• Thanks 1

she saw SFG take off last year bc of the rick james sample, so decided to pepper more of the same throughout the entire "album" (if it can be called that) for a few quick tiktok hits... which also explains why most of the songs are like 2 minutes in length :skull:

20 hours ago, Gladiator said:

There are many...

billy woods - maps
nas - magic 3

lil uzi vert - pink tape

rod wave - nostalgia

slowthai - ugly

logic - college park
kaytramine
offset - set it off

dax - what is life

NOT ONE of those albums made noise or are even remotely in the same stratosphere.

• Like 1

I love it personally. It’s not her best work but I like probably 15 of the 22 songs. It was worth the wait for me. 

Are You Gone Already, FTCU, Needle, Everybody, Red Ruby Da Sleeze and Pink Friday Girls are great imo. 

im not surprised atrl hates it though. This site just hates Nicki. It’s a good album. 

Edited by WhateverYouWant
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 6:21 AM, Bimbo said:

It made it clear as **** that she called it Pink Friday 2 because she had no material, no inspiration and she had to come up with something QUICK

Her first #1 was a remix of anothe song and her second album #1 the same name as her first. Everything about her is so cheap and fraudulent :dies:

• Haha 1

This confirmed what we all knew

She is allergic to make a good album without massive amount of fillers :redface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've only heared the first half of that album, cause I got bored. But I'm gonna give it another try, I mean I love Nicki, but for me she peaked with "Queen" and now everything will be boring for me comparing to the Queen album.

• Thanks 1

Horrible album. Horrible samples. Stale tired lyrics and flow. Nothing new or interesting. Horrible singing (who told this lady she could sing?)

Not only is it a chop but it’s a flop tumbling down the charts :dies: 

• Haha 1

I don‘t really enjoy the album overall sadly, but she delivered with Forward From Trini. I screamed when the accordion came in. A masterpiece. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IceSpice said:

NOT ONE of those albums made noise or are even remotely in the same stratosphere.

You said Pink Friday 2 was the best album in rap this year and to name a better album, so I did. If you are gonna make statements like that and open up for people to reply by telling people to name better albums, you can admit that they are indeed better without changing the homework. :celestial5: 

It's true none of them make as much noise as a Nicki drop, 100% - I think Lil Uzi's Pink Tape is the only one that comes close to it, but don't switch it up because someone who listens to rap gave you a list of better albums like you asked. 

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

You said Pink Friday 2 was the best album in rap this year and to name a better album, so I did. If you are gonna make statements like that and open up for people to reply by telling people to name better albums, you can admit that they are indeed better without changing the homework. :celestial5: 

It's true none of them make as much noise as a Nicki drop, 100% - I think Lil Uzi's Pink Tape is the only one that comes close to it, but don't switch it up because someone who listens to rap gave you a list of better albums like you asked. 

None of those albums are better. 

She's now being outstreamed by Tate McRae globally on Spotify

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

She delivered the album definitely. But maybe she shouldn't 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.