Renaissance WT Movie struggles badly overseas, opens with 5.5M (official)

WildHeart

2 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Beyoncé is not for the general public / every age, Taylor is. 

Her music is also more "polarizing".

I mean half of the concert is screaming "*****" with gays vogueing all over the stage

Edited by Lose My Breath
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elincomprendid

• Alexz

• Cherish

• WildHeart

25 minutes ago, HappierJealousy said:

Be annoying because they simply copy and paste some information from official box office accounts without adding any extra message or personal idea? :rip:

Don't be dense. They purposefully cropped out the one thing negative in that article, coming from a fanbase that did nothing but hate Beyonce all year :rip:

I felt like that article had things that shouldn't have been left out since it explains A LOT:

"More than 70 percent of those buying tickets to see Renaissance in the U.S. were female, while 52 percent were Black moviegoers in a win for diverse programming. Nearly 70 percent of all ticket buyers were between ages 18 and 34, including 43 percent between ages 25 and 34." 

"No one expected Renaissance to do the same sort of business, considering her audience is older."

So essentially Beyonce was competing against films geared towards children :clap3:

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

She obviously doesn't care, if she did, she would present herself as she did during IA...SF, it isn't incompetence.  She releases what she wants despite how she thinks it'll perform. 

Doesn’t she? Thinking an artist that have that much money and that makes brand deals with brands as huge as adidas doesn’t care about how much money they could make is just denial

She even brings her teen daughter on stage every night to make it a little more youth-likeable but seems the youth still don’t care

• Like 1

All these excuses for yet another Beyonce flop :rip: If people are not willing to pay a few bucks to watch the film or stream the music of an "unrelatable, middle-aged black billionaire woman" then why are they going the extra mile to attend her live shows? It seems that whatever "excellence" she's presenting is strictly displayed on stage.

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

These are the exact words author chose to use, yes. 

Let's gooo

image0.gif?ex=656f429a&is=655ccd9a&hm=30

:clown:

7 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

y'all are simply that stupid and mentally challenged

:deadbanana4:

I don't care how much you're mad about a thread, this is not okay. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrpartyrocker said:

You creating a thread using the same exact words implies you are agreeing to it otherwise that troll wouldn’t have been bothered to create a thread at all. Fishy af

It is struggling overseas though, that's literally facts. Doesn't diminish Bey's star power. The fact that anyone thinks Bey needs to prove herself nowadays is crazy. The people who like Bey's music likes it and if you don't, you don't. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

I mean half of the concert is screaming "*****" with gays vogueing all over the stage

The general public is not the gays :deadbanana2:Never mind that's def not Bey's only fanbase 

7 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

I love seeing the high perception you have of Beyoncé and how you degrade other artists' music. Too bad the rest of the people don't perceive it that way.

It has nothing to do with me. Taylor is Americas Sweetheart, her tour + film were HEAVILY promoted as a family must-sees, you had countless of interviews with family.mothers and fathers discussing how their kids want to see her and how hard it is to adhere to that.. 

Beyonce is perceived as inhumane/"too perfexct"/arrogant/disclosed/unapproachable/premium by the GP.

Its a completely different playing field.

Bey is standing up for Black culture, Renaissance is as gay as it gets, while Taylor is doing everything to appeal to everyone.

Taylor has literally no point of view in her music while Bey is so unapologetically on her music

They are so so different but you guys want to see Bey fail so hard just because you know shes also very successful in her own right. Its sick behavior

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Cherish said:

It is struggling overseas though, that's literally facts. Doesn't diminish Bey's star power. The fact that anyone thinks Bey needs to prove herself nowadays is crazy. The people who like Bey's music likes it and if you don't, you don't. 

I don’t think it’s struggling. The movie is yet to premiere in more European countries on 21st… she literally announced dates in some countries a few weeks before.. 6m countries around europe is not that bad me thinks. If it was selling 1m or so I would have agreed. This is a concert film we’re talking about.

3 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

My favorite is Taylor’s audience being kids for 17 years but Beyoncé has apparently been geriatric since 4 which is why we’re always supposed to mentally boost her numbers

Listening to Taylor music is the cure to aging! All the teens that started to stan her during Fearless are still teens nowadays 15 years later!

• Like 3

Oh no!

4 minutes ago, Cherish said:

The general public is not the gays :deadbanana2:Never mind that's def not Bey's only fanbase 

yeah, that's exactly my point

I swear y'all are dense in this thread :rip:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elincomprendid said:

Listening to Taylor music is the cure to aging! All the teens that started to stan her during Fearless are still teens nowadays 15 years later!

Explains why Taylor still looks so youthful ❤️

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mrpartyrocker said:

I don’t think it’s struggling. The movie is yet to premiere in more European countries on 21st… she literally announced dates in some countries a few weeks before.. 6m countries around europe is not that bad me thinks. If it was selling 1m or so I would have agreed. This is a concert film we’re talking about.

Wait, really? Well, no wonder it would be struggling. It's not out everywhere. 6m isn't horrible if it's not out everywhere, but I really do think that price point is hurting people. Plus a lot of people are heistant due to that non-refund thing - which I get it from the perspective of the artist, but as a theater employee (mainly in Box, like 99.9% of the time), it's kinda shitty - especially if something happens to people during the concert (emergency or injury or something else). 

Edited by Cherish
i meant not out everywhere
  • Like 1

Just now, elincomprendid said:

Well, mentally, so you’re not wrong.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 5

2 minutes ago, mrpartyrocker said:

We're still missing Brazil, and I'm sure several others

Y'all need d!cks or v*ginas to suck (shout out to the lesbians). It's been established that Taylor's above any of her peers commercially wise. Stop the nonsense

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

It has nothing to do with me. Taylor is Americas Sweetheart, her tour + film were HEAVILY promoted as a family must-sees, you had countless of interviews with family.mothers and fathers discussing how their kids want to see her and how hard it is to adhere to that.. 

Beyonce is perceived as inhumane/"too perfexct"/arrogant/disclosed/unapproachable/premium by the GP.

Its a completely different playing field.

Bey is standing up for Black culture, Renaissance is as gay as it gets, while Taylor is doing everything to appeal to everyone.

They are so so different but you guys want to see Bey fail so hard just because you know shes also very successful in her own right. Its sick behavior

Nobody out of online people conceive Renaissance as a “gay” album bffr

Thats just one of the plenty excuses you all make to justify the lack of interest real people have in it.

There is nothing really gay in the renaissance tour other than the average attendant

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

What? I thought SOTY MY HOUSE would push this to 20M. Oh well, I still think these are fine numbers. Congrats Bey!

15 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

I really wonder what the purpose of threads like this is and what you are trying to prove with it or if y'all are simply that stupid and mentally challenged to find this low tier trolling entertaining

Share information and create a space for  healthy discussion of music industry facts ☺️

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

And its still an AMAZING product, so?

H&M sells more pieces than Balmain so H&M is better teas

Yes, because H&M is way cheaper. Tay is not.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.