Is Mariah Carey the Biggest Latina with Shakira?

AvadaKedavra

Some of you are not aware of it but Mariah is from Afro-Venezuelan heritage. She has latino roots
Actually her name comes from the song "They Call The Wind Maria"
Mariah in spanish is Maria :giraffe:

XvKVqx1.gif

Her last name is actually not Carey. 

Her last name is Nuñez. 
Her grandfather from Venezuela changed it to be more americanized and to face less racism in the States

She's also from Black and White Heritage, so she's part of those communities-ethnicities too :gaycat2:

Should Mariah get more love by Us Latinos? She's one of Us 

Deberiamos invitar a Maria a comer empanaditas de pollo y burritos al pastor? :gaycat3:
Te gusta Maria Nuñez? Cual es tu cancion favorita?

Are you dying for a new album after Caution / Precaucion? 
Why she's takin so long to release a new record?

header-mariah-carey-mi-todo.jpg

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Confused 1

They’re not bigger than JLo, Xtina and Selena Gomez I fear :giraffe:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Technically it’s Taylor Swift. Her grandmother and mother lived in Venezuela. And her grandmother had her own tv show in Puerto Rico that was broadcasted in Latin America. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

yeah surely "latina" who isnt in touch with her latine heritage....... actual latinas: anitta and karol g (fan of neither)

shes an american who pretty much is white passing x

• Thumbs Down 1

26 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Technically it’s Taylor Swift. Her grandmother and mother lived in Venezuela. And her grandmother had her own tv show in Puerto Rico that was broadcasted in Latin America. 

Birth Name: Taylor Alison Swift

Place of Birth: West Reading, Pennsylvania, U.S.

Date of Birth: December 13, 1989

Ethnicity: German, English, some Scottish, Irish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Welsh, and 1/16th Italian, as well as distant French, Swedish, Dutch, and Belgian Walloon

• Like 1

It’s actually Taylor Juanita Swift :gaycat5:

here the receipts: 

35 minutes ago, Tropez said:

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

28 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Birth Name: Taylor Alison Swift

Place of Birth: West Reading, Pennsylvania, U.S.

Date of Birth: December 13, 1989

Ethnicity: German, English, some Scottish, Irish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Welsh, and 1/16th Italian, as well as distant French, Swedish, Dutch, and Belgian Walloon

Argentines and many South Americans are gonna be mad at this one. 

No one cares for her in LATAM. Even Jlo who is also not claimed by LATAM gets more respect and is more widely know and regarded than her. The biggest Latina after Shakira is Karol G and then you have people Like Paulina Rubio, Miriam Hernandez, Laura Pausini, Thalia or Alejandra Guzman. 

Mariah is nowhere near Jlo and let me not even get into Christina Aguilera with classic still played on radios accross Latin Countries and not Jlo or Christina are in the same level as Shakira for you to claim Mariah is... Be serious. 

3 minutes ago, I54X said:

No one cares for her in LATAM. Even Jlo who is also not claimed by LATAM gets more respect and is more widely know and regarded than her. The biggest Latina after Shakira is Karol G and then you have people Like Paulina Rubio, Miriam Hernandez, Laura Pausini, Thalia or Alejandra Guzman. 

Mariah is nowhere near Jlo and let me not even get into Christina Aguilera with classic still played on radios accross Latin Countries and not Jlo or Christina are in the same level as Shakira for you to claim Mariah is... Be serious. 

are u saying mariah is same level as camila in lat am?

2 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

are u saying mariah is same level as camila in lat am?

Basically. No one even uses her... Now that the US has moved on to RATCT things will get even uglier for her because LATAM is very likely to follow suit and leave mimi's seasonal relevance in the past. The definition of a US local. 

Porque estas tan obsesionado conmigo?? 

season mariah GIF

• Haha 1

Now the true tea is that they're actually twins separated at birth. Mariah was taken to Venezuela and Shakira remained in Colombia. 

Proof:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxc2ZRrBgcszclK87ytaK

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

Does she claim y'all? :matty:

She is still a WOC Legend nonetheless adorned by people of races and ethnicities 

yeah, I love miss moo, but latam doesn't use her :dancehall2:

my parents (Mexico) love Celine and Whitney, but Mariah I have literally never heard them mention her or her music. :fish2:

2 hours ago, I54X said:

Basically. No one even uses her... Now that the US has moved on to RATCT things will get even uglier for her because LATAM is very likely to follow suit and leave mimi's seasonal relevance in the past. The definition of a US local. 

Mariah’s non-US sales for three albums are greater than JLo’s entire career. Mariah outsold JLo’s career with one album WW. 

Mariah is the biggest non-Asian music act of all-time in Asia.

and AIWFCIY continues to dominate the Global 200.

not sure why you thought lying would do anything.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, modeblock said:

yeah, I love miss moo, but latam doesn't use her :dancehall2:

my parents (Mexico) love Celine and Whitney, but Mariah I have literally never heard them mention her or her music. :fish2:

Doesn’t Mariah have the longest running #1 ever in Brazil 

• Like 1

Shes a white passing mixed raced American woman. I don’t think she’s ever claimed to be Latina. She used to date Luis Miguel that’s about it

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.