Did you know Keri Hilson replaced Rihanna on this single?

reymiu

Much has been talked about Beyonce supposedly replacing Keri Hilson on Usher's LITC Remix Part 2

But do you know the reverse also happened - Ms. Keri Hilson did replace another A-List female star on the official single release of this song?

The song is called Numba 1 (Tide is High) by Kardinal Offishall. On the album tracklist the song features Rihanna

For the official single, they replaced Rihanna w Keri Hilson instead

Miss Keri Baby also appeared in the music video

Which version do you prefer? The album version ft Rihanna or the single version ft Keri Hilson?

and Rihanna rihplaced Nicole. 

I remember having a fan made version with all three of them swapping choruses and doing the bridge together :ahh:

• Haha 4

I never knew the other version existed which is odd because Rih undoubtedly would have made the single more successful. Keri is fine on it but that was certainly a choice :doc:

That was definitely a dumb move. Keri was having SOME success at the time but definitely not at the same level as Rihanna. This would have been late 2008/early 2009 so Rihanna was coming off of Take a Bow, Disturbia and Rehab plus a T.I. feature. Keri only had Turnin' Me On which hadn't really been a minor hit yet.

Idk, maybe they thought the T.I. feature would cannibalize the success. Oh well.

35 minutes ago, Cult Leader 𐕣𐕣 said:

and Rihanna rihplaced Nicole. 

I remember having a fan made version with all three of them swapping choruses and doing the bridge together :ahh:

Never listened to it but just found it :ahh: I like it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, FENTY. said:

Never listened to it but just found it :ahh: I like it!

This BOPS, imagine having a song with multiple versions by 3 LEGENDS I-

:jonny2:

Nicole Schlesinger is on the Apple Music version though Rihanna’s name is listed. 

**** if I can find a high quality version of Rihanna’s, Keri’s, and PCD’s, I can make a high quality version of the YouTube video.

• Like 1

Wait Nicole kinda ATE her version

Nicole sounds better but Rihanna is more distinct / has more star quality

• ATRL Moderator

This is so fucking random. I had no idea this song even existed!

I remember this! I think there's a movie where the Rihanna version plays in the background too

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.