‘Renaissance: A Film by Beyoncé’ box office: $5M Thursday previews

Assassin

1 hour ago, Wonderland said:

Did she price the tickets like Taylor's or is this with tickets being like 1/3 the price?

Impressive if it's the latter.

kiconn.png

Beyoncé tickets are more expensive than Taylor’s 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rac7d

• Rotunda

• Heartbreak Prince

• kellebrity98

3 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

Women running music and film this year we love to see it :jamming:

this ain't a group project, bb :heart:

• Thumbs Down 8

"While industry sources expect Songbirds & Snakes to decline -55% in its third weekend for a 3-day gross around $13M, don’t count the movie’s momentum out even though AMC’s Renaissance: A Film by Beyonce is arriving in theaters. The latter pic’s presales are very low, in the vicinity of West Side Story and In the Heights, so it wouldn’t be shocking if Songbirds & Snakes wins No. 1 for a third time in a row.Don’t put all your chips on Beyonce. Expectations for the concert-documentary movie have dropped down to $15M on the low-end, and it could be lower."

ou that’s not- 

If a flop movie is what it takes for her to realise she needs to release the visuals to win her fans back, then so be it 

yes visuals, yes smash movie! ask Taylor! 

spacer.png

Strange, I was told the tour was amazing so people would want to see it again? Definitely would have expected more that this, I mean if Hannah Montana outsold you then….yikes.

• Thumbs Down 2

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, LosingHimWasBlue said:

this ain't a group project, bb :heart:

:dies:

You know what helps business, representation, and the consumer? Multiple artists succeeding simultaneously.

bb, this is most definitely a group project and thank god women like Beyoncé and Taylor are running it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

Strange, I was told the tour was amazing so people would want to see it again? Definitely would have expected more that this, I mean if Hannah Montana outsold you then….yikes.

Hannah Montana and Eras certainly appeal to same audience and demographic than Renaissance does. So maybe that’s why! 

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, period sis said:

Hannah Montana and Eras certainly appeal to same audience and demographic than Renaissance does. So maybe that’s why! 

Audiences that are in the market to relive a tour because of how good they are? Certainly seems to be the case! Shame the same can’t be said about this colossal bomb.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

29 minutes ago, period sis said:

14 hours ago, Rotunda said:

Tbh I’m surprised she’s doing that much. I get the appeal of taking a child to a concert movie so they can sing along and whatnot, but as an adult who saw the tour - going to the theater to get my jush just feels like not worth the hassle.

I probably would have bought a ticket to see the visuals, but even that feels more like an at-home experience idk.

excuses after excuses after excuses. :skull:  compared to her historic tour gross, her film didn't do that well. it's okay to admit that.

8 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

excuses after excuses after excuses. :skull:  compared to her historic tour gross, her film didn't do that well. it's okay to admit that.

They’re really struggling to deal with the fact that everything about their faves era has been overshadowed every step of the way. :ahh:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

It did well for being a concert film and for the type of demographic that it was geared towards :rip: It's not doing well because.... it's not beating Eras? I could've predicted that months ago before there was any film announced :bibliahh:

23 minutes ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

Audiences that are in the market to relive a tour because of how good they are? Certainly seems to be the case! Shame the same can’t be said about this colossal bomb.

I was talking about the audience that consisted of 60% white girls but sure, whatever makes you feel better!

taylor-swift-afterglow.thumb.jpg.8c60fa8

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

Listen, weirdo. I don’t know who you are, or why you feel the need to get your kiis from quoting me, but this isn’t an excuse. 

I found the trailer/promo unexciting, felt like we already had a solid tour documentary for Beychella, didn’t see the need in supporting another venture that isn’t the visuals,  and have no desire to pay $30 to watch a concert I already saw in person. 

Despite being a massive stan, I can’t relate to people’s desire to see this, so yes, I’m surprised it even has this much interest.

I never said the numbers were good. I said I was surprised they were this high.

The next time you have the urge to talk to me,  please don’t. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Her album barely sold 2 million copes worldwide. Why did she humiliate herself like this? Should have gone to a streaming platform. The headlines are going to destroy her.  She just doesn't have the fanbase like Taylor swift or the commercial relevance. Taylor made such a huge cultural and economic impact. Taylor is the new MJ... folklore outsold after Hours and Future Nostalgia with no radio hits. Taylor swift's album is bigger than the Blinding Lights' album lol ...I'm sorry but B is overrated and overpraised... doesnt derserve all those grammys

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

only has 300 international screens.

Coming for 18-20M domestica and 22-23M global.

This prediction makes no sense. 

Edited by vale9001

And anyways it's still a good debut for a concert movie. 

Edited by vale9001

52 minutes ago, kayliah said:

Her album barely sold 2 million copes worldwide. Why did she humiliate herself like this? Should have gone to a streaming platform. The headlines are going to destroy her.  She just doesn't have the fanbase like Taylor swift or the commercial relevance. Taylor made such a huge cultural and economic impact. Taylor is the new MJ... folklore outsold after Hours and Future Nostalgia with no radio hits. Taylor swift's album is bigger than the Blinding Lights' album lol ...I'm sorry but B is overrated and overpraised... doesnt derserve all those grammys

Was this written by ChatGPT

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, kayliah said:

One of the most embarassing post I've seen in a while

3 hours ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

They’re really struggling to deal with the fact that everything about their faves era has been overshadowed every step of the way. :ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.