It's Bloody Mary bigger worldwide than The Edge Of Glory?

Link16

Lady_Gaga_The_Edge_of_Glory_Vaideo_music

Is Bloody Mary Born This Way second biggest hit, surpassing The Edge Of Glory worldwide?

The song is still everywhere on TikTok 

Edited by Link16
  • Like 1

It depends.  If user generated content counted on every chart worldwide and the Hot 100, technically it would be.  But with the way the charts are and the fact it never had a music video,  it doesn't. 

No for the GP but yes for younger people/people who use the internet a lot

Edited by Gelato
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is Bloody Mary bigger than Edge of Glory right now, at this point in time? Yes. BM was just a single and had its peak last year. While TEOG peaked 10 years ago and it has not had good reoccurring sales/streams over the years 

TEOG had a much larger overall peak than BM, but now just because BM is the most recent single it is bigger world wide 

It will be interesting to see what the answer to this question is in another 10 years 

• Like 2

Might be tbh, charts are outdated and don't reflect BM popularity and TEOG might be her most forgotten hit

18 minutes ago, EtherealCat said:

its biggest hit from era now

Born This Way is still the biggest hit. Bloody Mary may be bigger at the moment because it's been only a year since it blew up, but Born This Way is known by all generations and is a Pride anthem, whereas I don't think Bloody Mary is known within the mature audiences.

• Like 1

Yes, TEOG is forgotten unfortunately.

If they played the game of the speed version,acapella,slowed down or i dont know what,this could have done some serious damages.

• Like 1

Just now, Funnyfatty said:

Bloody Mary is #1 WHAT? :eek: 

Yet it peaked outside of the top 40 and is below 500m streams on spotify. Wtf

BM has a big presence in social media than don't count for charts

1 minute ago, Link16 said:

BM has a big presence in social media than don't count for charts

Yeah like it was even used in videos where they COOK :deadbanana2:

her domination is one of the weirdest one. When she dominates, she dominates the whole world :deadbanana:

• Like 3

yes, no doubt 

There’re some #1 singles that are quickly forgotten and TEOG is just the much weaker version of those cause it’s not even peak inside the top 5 and it is forgotten

Meanwhile at the very least most user knows BM, so BM wins automatically

Edited by HappierJealousy

41 minutes ago, HappierJealousy said:

yes, no doubt 

There’re some #1 singles that are quickly forgotten and TEOG is just the much weaker version of those cause it’s not even peak inside the top 5 and it is forgotten

Meanwhile at the very least most user knows BM, so BM wins automatically

TEOG peaked at #3.

OT: No.

Surely on the streaming front but overall units, chart performance/peaks and official certifications-wise I'd say TEOG remains bigger to date.

And while BM is now very likely more known among Gen-Z/Alpha, TEOG is still one of her more recognizable songs among wider demographics and a pop classic.

The fact that she just uttered the words "I'm on the edge!" during her SB set and it skyrocketed to almost (?) top 10 on iTunes  :jonny5: 

• Like 3

no, Electric Chapel is 

I mean maybe by streaming standards yes, but TEOG is still that binch, I mean it was amazingly received on tour, the public always sang along with it, so I don't really agree with the narrative that it is forgotten. 

• Like 2

If you consider the Tiktok Remix, hell yeah.. it's even bigger than some number1s

But the OG Song..? I still think TEOG is more recognized

1 hour ago, Bojana said:

I mean maybe by streaming standards yes, but TEOG is still that binch, I mean it was amazingly received on tour, the public always sang along with it, so I don't really agree with the narrative that it is forgotten. 

Its forgotten. Its an amazing track but its forgotten i’m sorry. Every track on BTW gets its flowers. GH got it, Judas got it, BM got it and now HML gets it. TEOG will get one day too i hope.

• Thumbs Down 1

"Bloody Mary" has 1.828B views on YouTube only counting videos above 20M views (incl. Shorts).

It is the more popular song, but TEOG is bigger in terms of sales and charts.

I'm not TEOG biggest fan but it totally deserves to be at least on the "Paparazzi" and "Telephone" group streaming wise.

Is it even at the level of "Lovegame" or "Alejandro"?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.