Will Adele's next lead hit #1?

Safe&Sound

unless the song is really bad (like oh my god), definitely. but it's fairly obvuous that her career is going to mimick a more ed sheeran-like trajectory eventually

The hype before 30 was quite insane. Everyone was waiting for her comeback but it doesn't feel the same for A5 tbh :campfire:

43 minutes ago, Credit said:

unless the song is really bad (like oh my god), definitely. but it's fairly obvuous that her career is going to mimick a more ed sheeran-like trajectory eventually

She debuted 4 whole years before Ed Sheeran and it's fairly obvuous that she's outlasted him

ezgif-3-352fef854e.thumb.gif.e9ee4ef33a2

• Haha 1

If it's a good song, definitely. If it's like some of the album tracks on 30 then no, but it would still go top 5 or top 10 at minimum.

Yes, what kind of question is that??? :deadbanana4:

She'll easily score another #1 hit but the real problem is her maintaining that success for weeks, which can be tricky. I personally don't think her next lead single will spend more than 2 weeks at #1. And her obsession with taking 5 year long breaks in between her albums is sabotaging her career :gaycat2:

Sure, but

It's beyond time to switch up her sound.

Imagine the culture collapse, if she gave us a vocal powerhouse dance track like the classics of Martha Wash? Adele is a talented singer, she shouldn't need to confine herself to releasing the same type of music her whole career. 

Edited by Reginald
  • Like 1

Definitely.

If a song as basic as Easy on Me  was able to peak at #1 for 10 weeks, I don't see any reason why her next lead wouldn't? (Especially if it's miles better than EOM).

Adele isn't overexposed right now, people miss her music and wants new material from her. Anything new she releases will debut high in the top 10 if not hit #1.

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

Ed was probably as close to Adele league as anyone could get in 2017, plus he had male privilege going for him. The fact he wasn’t able to follow up Divide with an era where at least the lead went #1 is kinda shocking.

it's not shocking, he was always a gimmick and trend chaser 

• Like 1

30 did not perform as well as her previous albums, but it performed much better than most other albums. 

EOM spent weeks at number 1. Her next lead will easily debut at 1 except she decides to drop it against maybe Taylor, Drake or BTS, but I don’t think it’s happening. 

With all the messes when she postponed Vegas residency, she still managed to sell out shows till 2024. She’s more than fine

Adele is the most beloved pop star from her generation, 30 still gets 2.1M daily streams and she can easily  have 19 sized era with A5, with a bit of reinvention.

Edited by Kimi

6 hours ago, Kasix said:

Which part? 

that Her single fell off the charts before the RC limit? 

That ‘30’ isnt selling dispute given huge discounts?

that retail stores sent her vinyls away en mass to Goodyear?

that ‘30’ charted less than a year and then fell off of the top 200 chart?

Her albums were sent to… a tire store? Girl if you’re gonna act a fool at least get the store names right :priceless:

I think it’s very likely, but I also think the OAH makes some points. It’s not unprecedented for an artist who is massively successful to fall off swiftly and dramatically without warning (see: Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry). Sure Adele might be bigger than they were at their peaks and still selling 800k+ first week, but she’s not immune. 

Rooting for her though. 30 was her best album IMO. 

the question should be how many weeks she can stay on #1

but to the question, easy yes if the song is good like Easy on Me

Anything can happen, if she plays the game right and releases the right song I dont see why not. 30 was a response to her not adapting to the times and I think Sony and her team will learn from all the went on in the last few years to make sure her next era is a more stable success. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.