The Marvels drops a catastrophic -78% in its second weekend, beats Morbius' record

Psylocke

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• X~MoviePoP

• Psylocke

• GraceRandolph

• D_Man3379

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok its time we realise that going full female centric right now when your whole brand is under attack will just make you lose money BECAUSE of the toxic conservative culture the internet is spewing towards disney and disneys attempt to make progressive content.

but, disney is still one of the major studios that has poc and lgbtq leads. But clearly the audiences arent showing up. Unfortunately white males is what comic movies need to be in movie seats..and those white males arent happy.

Also the movie just didnt look good tbh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

13 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

or you can make movies with women about women issues and struggles. A movie is not interesting for women only cause a woman is the main character.

Exactly. Women didn't show up at all for this movie when demographic stats came out. :deadbanana2:

-----

Birds of Prey outsold :clap3:

• Like 3

• ATRL Moderator

What bothers me most about this whole thing is that the MCU has had worse films (Dark World, Love & Thunder, Quantumania, arguably Eternals) I'm not saying The Marvels was amazing but I don't think it deserves to do worse than some of the aforementioned. I get superhero fatigue and agree with many criticisms of the MCU and the genre as a whole, but I wish this film could have been given a touch more grace. 

• Like 6

Just now, getBusy said:

Did they even bother to promote this movie? I only heard about it on ATRL 💀 

They spent more money promoting this than Endgame apparently. 

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Kinda makes sense since Endgame had its own hype already.

Welp the end of the MCU is here,ngl I feel kinda vindicated after saying how trash and formulaic their movies were for 10 year and having people shout "but it made a billion dollars",serves them right  :bird:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Damn :skull: and ATRL dragged the Flash

When you make interesting  female characters people will show up:

Pin on Movies!

Edited by Raptus

Common sense would have told Marvel executives that comic book fans and moviegoers don’t like Brie. But they insisted on pushing her. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

or you can make movies with women about women issues and struggles. A movie is not interesting for women only cause a woman is the main character.

Once again, for the MCU, right now. It cant do that. Movies like what your describing doesnt appeal to white comic book movie watching men (the driving force of the mcu box office).

Unfortunately, its really sad. But the toxic incel culture of the internet has woven itself into comic book movies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

Right. It has been proven time and time again that when you give women well written stories/characters they will show up to support. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.