• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• awesomepossum

• Rep2000

• BtDecember

• JBJT2786

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no doubt Taylor wanted to cancel/postpone as soon as news of the fan dying broke. But cancelling an event with millions of dollars and tons of people involved is more complicated than the artist making a tweet. There's huge contracts and hundreds of people and big organizations involved. You need a clear coordinated official message, otherwise it confuses everyone and it's possible people would've showed up and been let in anyway.

• Like 14

Local government shouldn’t have allowed any major public events that day. The promoters have obligations too. Not that I side with businesses, but what is the government for if not to regulate and protect public safety amongst many things?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BryceG said:

She’s Taylor Swift. The promoter does what she says. Don’t believe random **** spread online. 

You know this is not true. There are laws and permits, amongst many other contractual obligations, escalation processes, and commercial decisions.

Edited by Taylor fanboy
  • Like 4

I am sure a local promoter doesn’t have more power than Taylor Swift and since she is allegedly a billionaire I am sure she can afford a breach of contract lawsuit. Also she should’ve never even mention today’s show in her statement last night.. the statement led people to believe the show was happening regardless of the fan’s death and the weather.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 27

Just now, BryceG said:

She’s Taylor Swift. The promoter does what she says. Don’t believe random **** spread online. 

T4F, the Brazilian promoter in question, is infamous for being particularly vile and unwilling to budge. Google is your friend.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

I am sure a local promoter doesn’t have more power than Taylor Swift and since she is allegedly a billionaire I am sure she can afford a breach of contract lawsuit. Also she should’ve never even mention today’s show in her statement last night.. the statement led people to believe the show was happening regardless of the fan’s death and the weather.

I’m sorry but you’re too vanilla to be an OTH. And no, you’re NOT sure.

Edited by Taylor fanboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Richie.Valdez said:

the statement led people to believe the show was happening regardless of the fan’s death and the weather

The show was slated to happen until it was formally cancelled 2 hours ago. There are whole threads beneath this one documenting this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BryceG said:

She’s Taylor Swift. The promoter does what she says. Don’t believe random **** spread online. It was likely just lots of confusion causing delays. 

the same way they were able to control everything for the people attending to reach a degree were they fainted and almost lost their lives, they also ae able to control if the show happens or not, making a scenario out of whatever hole as if you know how contracts and trash corporations work.

4 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

The obsession. Are you healthy? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

There’s legitimately something wrong with you, you have been in every thread about this treating it like a dumb stan war.

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

You sound like you pay for Twitter Blue and post negative tweets to gain engagaments.

OT: *** T4F. They will the only one to blame if Taylor decides to never tour to Brazil ever again

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

She said "I'm not going to be able to speak about this from stage" - there was NO mention of today's show. Don't be an illiterate troglodyte.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, BryceG said:

She’s Taylor Swift. The promoter does what she says. Don’t believe random **** spread online. It was likely just lots of confusion causing delays. 

That's not how contracts work sweetie.

50 minutes ago, Psyduck said:

I have no doubt Taylor wanted to cancel/postpone as soon as news of the fan dying broke. But cancelling an event with millions of dollars and tons of people involved is more complicated than the artist making a tweet. There's huge contracts and hundreds of people and big organizations involved. You need a clear coordinated official message, otherwise it confuses everyone and it's possible people would've showed up and been let in anyway.

But can't she just cancel? I mean, you can refuse to fulfill your end of a contract. You will still be financially liable for your portion of the contract. She could have just paid them whatever they were guaranteed and cancelled. Ultimately, she is the performer and she can go on her Instagram and announce the postponement whenever she wants. She can refuse to go out on the stage and just tell them 'this is how it is' and eat the costs associated with that. Someone DIED. If she felt that strongly about postponing, she could have done so earlier so that thousands of people weren't waiting there in the heat for hours and hours, having already paid for drinks, food, and merchandise, just to have her postpone at the last minute. Remember when Morgan Wallen did the same thing? Shady.

• Thumbs Down 3

3 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

That's not how contracts work sweetie.

Contracts don't control your mind and body. You can violate the terms of your contract. You just have to either fulfill the financial commitments, or pay whatever penalty is spelled out in the contract. Ultimately, it's only about the money. She could have postponed earlier and just took the L for the lost money. I mean, she is a billionaire. And that's just her personal wealth, not the many more millions/billions amassed in her company. Maybe sell one of her multiple private jets to cover the cost? Like, get real. It's her concert, her name, her money. She could have and should have postponed earlier.

Edited by awesomepossum
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

4 minutes ago, awesomepossum said:

But can't she just cancel? I mean, you can refuse to fulfill your end of a contract. You will still be financially liable for your portion of the contract. She could have just paid them whatever they were guaranteed and cancelled. Ultimately, she is the performer and she can go on her Instagram and announce the postponement whenever she wants. She can refuse to go out on the stage and just tell them 'this is how it is' and eat the costs associated with that. Someone DIED. If she felt that strongly about postponing, she could have done so earlier so that thousands of people weren't waiting there in the heat for hours and hours, having already paid for drinks, food, and merchandise, just to have her postpone at the last minute. Remember when Morgan Wallen did the same thing? Shady.

3 minutes ago, awesomepossum said:

Contracts don't control your mind and body. You can violate the terms of your contract. You just have to either fulfill the financial commitments, or pay whatever penalty is spelled out in the contract. Ultimately, it's only about the money. She could have postponed earlier and just took the L for the lost money.

Yes she is a hungy money selfish fraud basic white mediocre soulless can't sing can't dance talentless ugly stupid immoral z-listed loser diabolical worst than satan btch snake artist! Are you done? What else do you wanna say? GO ON WE SWIFTIE AGREE TO YOU WE BOW OUR HEADS TO YOUR HIGH LEVEL OF INTELIGENCE YES PLS YOU ARE RIGHT NOW WE ARE SORRY.

Happy now?

• Haha 1

Just now, BtDecember said:

Yes she is a hungy money selfish fraud basic white mediocre soulless can't sing can't dance talentless ugly stupid immoral z-listed loser diabolical worst than satan btch snake artist! Are you done? What else do you wanna say? GO ON WE SWIFTIE AGREE TO YOU WE BOW OUR HEADS TO YOUR HIGH LEVEL OF INTELIGENCE YES PLS YOU ARE RIGHT NOW WE ARE SORRY.

Happy now?

I wanna make this my sig, can someone teach me how to lol

11 minutes ago, awesomepossum said:

Contracts don't control your mind and body. You can violate the terms of your contract. You just have to either fulfill the financial commitments, or pay whatever penalty is spelled out in the contract. Ultimately, it's only about the money. She could have postponed earlier and just took the L for the lost money. I mean, she is a billionaire. And that's just her personal wealth, not the many more millions/billions amassed in her company. Maybe sell one of her multiple private jets to cover the cost? Like, get real. It's her concert, her name, her money. She could have and should have postponed earlier.

She's a billionaire is not the answer to everything. Ya really don't know how business works. Even if she does it earlier without the promoters or venues permission that's a breach of contract and she can be denied in the future to be able to perform at the venue. And considering its Rio that's probably the only major promoter and stadium in the area available. It also sets a precedent in business. Yea the PR is good on her part but look at the re recording debacle with labels now after she did it. 

Ya gotta look it past stan worlds eyes and see its out of her hands from a business standpoint.

And this is coming from someone who's not a Swiftie at all and don't get the hype around her in the first place. Beyonces concert is a 1000x better.

Also for future reference ( that includes the certain Swifties who try to shade Bey for some of her business decisions) no matter if their name is on the marquee, no matter what is seen online or in poster, no artist has 100% control of their business decisions. That's why there's a team, promoters, and business people behind them. For ATRLers to act like an artist can decide on every single thing they do after seeing what happened to Britney is why alot of ya are broke asf and irresponsible with ya own decisions. 

The fact I have to say this in a Taylor Swift thread is sad tho.

• Like 7

it's not in taylor's heart you guys. you can see the pain in her eyes, she was fighting back tears 💔

2 hours ago, awesomepossum said:

No, she cannot just do that. 

It isn't about a financial penalty for her, it's about:

1. Her entire staff losing a day of pay due to no show + the venue staff also losing a day of pay due to no show
  2. Her entire staff instead being made to work on a day that was scheduled to be off time 
  3. Her and her entire staff now performing on what was scheduled to be a travel day
  4. The venue staff now having to come and work on a day they were not supposed to
  5. Whether or not the venue even has people available to be there on a new day
  6. Reorganizing the travel of her and all her people to the next city on a day they weren't meant to travel (remember that truck drivers especially have strict travel and no travel hours they are legally requited to adhere to)
  7. Communicating with the venue to make sure it can be booked again on an unplanned day
  8. Communicating with local authorities to make sure they'll have the numbers and resources to be present at the concert on a day that it wasn't planned
  9. Communicating with the team already in the next city about how they'll now need to approach construction due to a delay in delivery
  10. Whether or not hotels and airlines are going to work with the over 100,000 ticket holders and if they aren't, how many people are going to get stranded in Rio

It isn't just a spur of the moment decision. An artist cannot simply get on Twitter and say "no show" and call it a day. That would turn an already confusing and chaotic situation into something endlessly more unmanageable. You have to have a plan in place. You have to have answers for all of the above questions, or you cannot make any moves. And unfortunately, not every party has the same interests here. What Taylor and her team wants doesn't necessarily align with what the promoter wants. We love to think of her as some immortal who can stand above anyone and boss anyone around, but if she doesn't have the support of the promoter on a delay, then several of hose critical pieces above become impossible to manage. 

Edited by Mr. Mendes
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4