• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kern

• Azealia Banks

• RideOrDie

• ChapelHooker

What a great album! She went in with the goth camp aesthetic and the musical references are definitely there. It's simultaneously dark, silly and catchy. My favourite album of hers.

2 hours ago, 東京. said:

literally still bottom of the pile though :deadbanana2: she did them dirty.

It’s my least favorite track but still a no skip album for me.

38 minutes ago, Edit0rz said:

It’s my least favorite track but still a no skip album for me.

that would be true if hardware software didn't exist :giraffe:

• Thumbs Down 1

Hardware Software is her Good In Bed (and both are 10/10 bops)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Um Galina is actually insane!! It could easily be a mid-late 80s Stevie Nicks song. What a haunting anthem. :jonny5:  (lowkey I'm kinda mad I know it's about eczema cream)

She better have saved her coin for a music video director. These gaga youtube parody quality videos are not it, especially compared to the immaculate imagery for the album.

Edited by robattack332

Anyone get presale tix to the NYC show?

22 hours ago, Maxxxine said:

The leaving dog in hot car songstress did THAT. 

Mr. Fister LOST. 

• Haha 1

So I wasn’t the biggest fan of her previous work but this album IS GIVING! It’s such a slay I’m loving the dark pop horror movie vibes. 

10/10 incoming

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pendulum said:

10/10 incoming

i think it will be a 7/8

3 hours ago, Pendulum said:

10/10 incoming

The universal acclaim for Galina from the chatroom :WAP:

Maybe there is still hope for the straights :clap3:

He better do a full review because it's great promo for Miss Allah X. Anything less than a 9 is a travesty. 

Completely obssessed with this record and I hope it ends up being her most successfull, especially considering she'll pocket all of it. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

There have been so many albums inspired by the 80's and with that sound, but Allie blew them out of the water, and the fact that she produced it all herself :allears: I've been in awe with her talents since the beginning

The ending of Off with her t*ts is the highest point of the album, so euphoric 

i hope she does a deluxe or something eventually

being this thick it makes me sick, i wanna be a stick

so genius

• Thanks 1

I've been replaying this like crazy... she truly did that :jonny5: the first three songs make me feel like such a bad ***** when I'm strutting through the streets on my way to class

10 hours ago, Azealia Banks said:

i hope she does a deluxe or something eventually

ugh I hope so, with the Tove Lo collab

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2024 at 4:48 PM, robattack332 said:

Um Galina is actually insane!! It could easily be a mid-late 80s Stevie Nicks song. What a haunting anthem. :jonny5:  (lowkey I'm kinda mad I know it's about eczema cream)

She better have saved her coin for a music video director. These gaga youtube parody quality videos are not it, especially compared to the immaculate imagery for the album.

Wait, what's the story with Galina being about eczema cream?

oooh Weird World is a fun opener

15 hours ago, V$. said:

You Slept On Me

Xmen Evolution Marvel GIF - Xmen Evolution Xmen Marvel - Discover & Share  GIFs

You've been out like a light

rSEnzZC.thumb.gif.4bad67e29d975733fbed7c

Queued up in the line

rSEnzZC.thumb.gif.4bad67e29d975733fbed7c

• Thanks 1

There is something captivating about this project, I feel like I don't fully love it, but I keep listening. I'm probably in this very slim minority who prefers more atmospheric version of Allie. I can't connect with Girl With No Face as much as I did with Cape God, nothing on this hits me anywhere as hard as Fresh Laundry, Milk or Regulars. But at the same time I always felt like CG had some generic unnecessary fodder as if she was still compromising between her vision and some outside expectations, it makes the album less realized that it could have been. So I was kind of hoping her next step would be just a full-fledged introspective record, especially with the pandemic enhancing people's vulnerability and Allie herself additionally dealing with a lot of pain from her illness. Something made peacefully on her own terms, maybe even all by herself in the comfort of her house. And it's funny, cause that's kind of what she did, except musically it went in a different direction :penguin: And it is very good, it's thought out, it's well produced (I do find some of the synth patterns to be a bit too in-your-face, but she definitely nailed the 80s pastiche a lot better than many other artists in past few years), but I can't feel it as much as I wish to.

Either way I'm happy for her and I'm proud of her, we need more female-produced/self-produced moments in pop. Excited where she goes next, I know she'll surprise us again in the future

• Like 1

Weird World & Off With Her **** have destroyed me :biblio:

wish I didn’t listen to the leaks but this album has stood the test of time because I’m still gagged :clap3:

I stream Hardware Software twice for all the pressed people in this thread! 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.