• Bloo

• Happylittlepunk

• ICLDXU4HS

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, KevinKDC said:

Thank god im not alone :jonnycat:

why do u hate it?

I may just hate the word “bro “ in general. I mean words matter and u are not my brother. Also I associate it with bro culture and toxic masculinity which may be why it’s off puttIng to me.

Similar to your reasons. I also have never felt super super masculine so it just makes me uncomfortable when someone refers to me as just "one of the boys". Also not a fan of "bud" or "buddy", though when my actual brother calls me these words I'm fine with it. 

• Like 3

No, i'm a man so idc. I say bro all the time.

No it doesn’t bother me. I say it now too. They got me. Room full of women - “bro,” “hey guys.” Cancel me. 

5 minutes ago, Joyride said:

the word itself is just so cringy. I don't trust people who use it. like, who are you trying to impress? what's your vibe?

thank u!!!

11 minutes ago, nadiamendell said:

Similar to your reasons. I also have never felt super super masculine so it just makes me uncomfortable when someone refers to me as just "one of the boys". Also not a fan of "bud" or "buddy", though when my actual brother calls me these words I'm fine with it. 

Same!!

Just now, Orsay said:

I call them sis back

Omg how do they react :ahh:

No, it gives me an instant hard-on.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

39 minutes ago, KevinKDC said:

I may just hate the word “bro “ in general. I mean words matter and u are not my brother. Also I associate it with bro culture and toxic masculinity which may be why it’s off puttIng to me.

This is my exact prob with it, thank you for saying it 1st! Same with “fam”. Ppl talking to me with a degree of familiarity that they haven’t earned is disrespectful. My actual “bro” is an awesome person I’m proud to call family. No straight guy whose company I’ve ever enjoyed has called me bro, it’s only the weird 1s

ETA: No prob with dude. If you smoke enough weed, it naturally enters your vocabulary via osmosis or something, idk

Edited by LoveInStereo
  • Like 1

JohnWayneHolland

In Mexico we don't say bro, we say "wey" but that's gender neutral because you can also call a girl "wey" and that's like the go-to word, so... :turkey: but I don't mind anyone calling me bro, I'm a MAN after all

Edited by JohnWayneHolland

Yeah no if a reasonably attractive guy calls me “bro” then I melt instantly, like my boss did it once and I nearly passed out

:clack:

• Haha 3

I don't feel connected to masculinity so it's a little weird, but I don't mind. They mean well

No, it’s hot if anything. And like someone else already said I considered bro and sis gender neutral, personally

It's a term of endearment. If being referred to as sis/girl/gwwuoorl doesn't bother you, why would the counterpart that actually matches your gender trigger you? :rip:

• Like 1

Bro is like bros for life :fan:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.