Has Houdini aged badly for you?

Virtual_Insanity

Has Houdini aged badly for you ?   

112 members have voted

1. 1. Has Houdini aged badly for you ?

• YES ! I overplayed the leak and I am sick of it already! Drop something else Dua :)
    • No!! it gets better with every listen and I am STANNING !

It's been one day you bottom jesus christ

• Haha 3

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JBJT2786

• BrokenMachine

• Apolonio

• HardBambi

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s a bit stale.. Sounds like that Dua song you’ve already heard playing at the bar or the club. I played it at a brunch with the GP and nobody asked if she dropped a new song :rip:

• Haha 1

actually growing on me each listen

Its only been 24 hrs :rip:

The sound structure is lacking.

Hung Up is 5:35

and 3:30 in the radio version

This song is 3:09

it misses bridges. a climax etc

its fun though but undevelopped or destroyed by tiktok/label

1 hour ago, nostalgic said:

It's only been

This track just reminds me how anti-climactic MIDini is.

It's been literally 1 day. Why yall always do this when a pop girl releases a new single. This never fails to show up....just fails in looking smart 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Maxxxine said:

It’s a bit stale.. Sounds like that Dua song you’ve already heard playing at the bar or the club. I played it at a brunch with the GP and nobody asked if she dropped a new song :rip:

Who brunches on a Friday?

It literally just came out :hoetenks:

But no, it gets better with every listen as expected from the Gen Z Madonna

spacer.png

Yes, song and music video. But also, I feel like her songs are starting to sound the same that it's making me lose interest. idk...

Edited by Xtina23
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yes. She’s waiting too long to release a new song. 

the instrumental is amazing but idk something about the repetitive chorus and the rather basic lyrics (especially in the 2nd vers) turned me off of the song a little bit at least for now.

I loved the first first and that solar eclipse line sticks in my mind because it's a little different. The second vers is so faceless....idk. I want her to veer away from too generalized lyricism. Part of what makes a good pop song that stands the test of time is the occasional weird lyric thrown in there that makes u remember the track. A clear example of that is like some of the songs on Future Nostalgia vs Dance The Night. On FN some of the singles had unique one liners that made u go like "ohhh I like this" whereas with Dance The Night you could tell its a very generic track made for a movie because the lyrics are so plain hashed out a million times before. With Houdini I thought she'd do a little more with the song but she's giving Dance The Night levels of faceless lyrics on the track. idk how to explain it....

Still a good single overall which will likely smash across Europe. Idk how it will do in the US but at worst it will for sure be a solid top 10-15 with longevity probably.

• Thanks 1

YES,  I played it for my aunt Glenda from Kentucky and she told me what a mess was that, I told her it was Houdini by Dua Lipa and she said "Whodini? by Who?!" :chick2:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.