is GOD a part of your life?

tili33

is GOD a part of your life?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. is GOD a part of your life?

On 11/9/2023 at 7:05 AM, Capris Groove said:

What do you think about spirituality?

replacing one lie that makes you feel better with another lie that makes you feel better

Edited by s-60staliniec
I dum dum i replied to the wrong thread

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Queen.

• smoore95GAGA

• s-60staliniec

• Peroxide

On 11/9/2023 at 2:32 PM, katara said:

If God and Satan were real then I would def side with Satan

well let me tell you why satan was kicked out of heven then lucifer told god that hapines of people is more important than gods will, God basicly cares more about humans scraching his ego than their hapines, rl tells you a whcole lot about christianity when you think about it

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 11:21 PM, Revolution said:

yes!

your gonna be real dissapointed when you die

On 11/10/2023 at 1:44 AM, Antikythera said:

I have my own spirituality, I dont believe how god is based on the bible or other books. I have my personal experience to guide me.

you mean personal delusion?

On 11/10/2023 at 3:12 AM, Mornings said:

im a part of a few twelve step programs and my higher power is the reason I am still alive. 

God is personal to everyone even if they belong to an organized religion.

My sponsor once told me in my first few weeks of sobriety if I was having a difficult time go out and find the smallest living creature I could find, and tell it my troubles out loud, and that was my higher power for the day. Other people see the collective as their higher power.

Idk to me the absence of god is a hypothetical, the same as the presence of god. its all the same.

the same high power is the reason of all your suffering yk its a very common sentiment but god is responsible for everything that happens to you and everybody else not just the good stuff

Judgement day is coming period!! Gays better be ready to burn in hell for eternity :turkey:

On 11/10/2023 at 4:44 AM, Rune said:

Yeah

As a villain :khalyan2:

i asume it was a joke but concept of evil god makes significantly more sens then all loving god of most modern religions 

On 11/12/2023 at 8:30 PM, Sergi91 said:

Yes :alexz3:

taylor profile pic spotted, opinion disregarted

• Haha 1

On 11/9/2023 at 10:02 PM, Queen. said:

Because there's creation and when there is creation there is a creator :isudumblmao:

over simplifaction and falsehood you asume matter was created"there is creation.." with no proof many philosohphical ides for matter existig is that its constant creation may not exist at all

besides who created god then?another god? read some phiolosphy pls argument on a "10m youtoube video with chakmate atheit somwhere in a title"-grade argument  

On 11/9/2023 at 5:57 AM, P!NK2LOVE said:

Yes :heart2: Jesus is my lord and saviour. Don’t care if yall laugh, I’ll be in heaven with my fellow Christian queen Taylor Swift and also my family xoxoxoxox

far right racists? in heven?

Tiffany Pollard Laughing GIFs | Tenor

2 hours ago, s-60staliniec said:

the same high power is the reason of all your suffering yk its a very common sentiment but god is responsible for everything that happens to you and everybody else not just the good stuff

Idk what you’re talking about. To me, no one can tell me about my god and what my god is responsible for. And that’s the beauty of it. It’s completely mine, and yours is completely yours. 

but if you don’t believe in god or religion how do you have so many options about it that your spewing all over everyone else? If it’s a lie then why are you enforcing rules of said lie on me? 

Edited by Mornings
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, s-60staliniec said:

?

yk if god is real he's  responsible for all pain all suffering, end everything bad that ever heppend to enybody he had the ability to prevent aall of this yet he didint he also knew about it before it happend, how can you say he never failed for that tto be true you schould expierience pure blisfull happines continoisly without  a break for your entire life

Who said God was responsible for pain and suffering honey.

Didn’t we do all that by ourselves? :-*

Also, my life is filled with ups, downs and in betweens and I have become enlightened to see the beauty in each painful, difficult or messy situation.

Also, I experienced clinical depression some years ago. What helped me was counseling, therapy and God.

I definitely thought He failed me at times but based on the trajectory of my life, He came through in so many ways for me. So I’m at peace with my personal relationship with God, I won’t ever force Him down the throat of others though, may He draw you to His heart and answer the questions that make it hard to accept or believe in God.💙

Edited by Redporus
  • Like 2

No, I just left the church a month ago. I've been wanting to for years, but been too lazy to go the registry office to get it done.

1 hour ago, Redporus said:

Also, my life is filled with ups, downs and in betweens and I have become enlightened to see the beauty in each painful, difficult or messy situation.

Also, I experienced clinical depression some years ago. What helped me was counseling, therapy and God.

I definitely thought He failed me at times but based on the trajectory of my life, He came through in so many ways for me. So I’m at peace with my personal relationship with God, I won’t ever force Him down the throat of others though, may He draw you to His heart and answer the questions that make it hard to accept or believe in God.💙

:clap3:

6 hours ago, Redporus said:

god in its definition is all knowing entitiy with infite power living outside of time who created the universe. whnich means if he exist He decided to make our world specifycly this way knowing all posibilites and alternatives.if his good and cares about us why does sufering exist ? he could efortlesly make it disapear entirely He could for example replece all pain with less happines, he is responsible for our suffering .did we made bone cancer by ourself? did we make parasites literaly eating childrens eyebals from behind ourselfs? did we made ebola by ourselfs? -no if god exist he is at least responsible for every illnes imaginible. altho i think he is resposible for suffering we as people cause each other he made us feel pain he then allowed our opressors to hurt ass being easly able to prevent them from doing so, yet he didn't. yk if i saw a child beaing beaten and didnt do jack **** i woulld be coresponsible for the beating the child endured, then why is god not? One of the prisoners in Auschwitz wrote in his journal: "if god exist he will apologise to me" 

your life being filled with ups and downs proves god either  way isnt real or doesnt realy give a flying **** about you. he was able to prevent your suffering he could do it and still tach you the lessons they gave he chose not t he chose to make you suffer

you were not enlightent you just romantisiced your suffering its a well known and well described by pshycology coping mechanism its not enlighment its just kinda your mind lying to itslef to feel better

i experiencd clinical depresion to religion had put me in a even worse state, god didnt help even if he did he also made u depresed in the first place. saying he helped you makes as much sens as if someone shot you and then took you to a hospital helped you 

4 hours ago, s-60staliniec said:

god in its definition is all knowing entitiy with infite power living outside of time who created the universe. whnich means if he exist He decided to make our world specifycly this way knowing all posibilites and alternatives.if his good and cares about us why does sufering exist ? he could efortlesly make it disapear entirely He could for example replece all pain with less happines, he is responsible for our suffering .did we made bone cancer by ourself? did we make parasites literaly eating childrens eyebals from behind ourselfs? did we made ebola by ourselfs? -no if god exist he is at least responsible for every illnes imaginible. altho i think he is resposible for suffering we as people cause each other he made us feel pain he then allowed our opressors to hurt ass being easly able to prevent them from doing so, yet he didn't. yk if i saw a child beaing beaten and didnt do jack **** i woulld be coresponsible for the beating the child endured, then why is god not? One of the prisoners in Auschwitz wrote in his journal: "if god exist he will apologise to me" 

your life being filled with ups and downs proves god either  way isnt real or doesnt realy give a flying **** about you. he was able to prevent your suffering he could do it and still tach you the lessons they gave he chose not t he chose to make you suffer

you were not enlightent you just romantisiced your suffering its a well known and well described by pshycology coping mechanism its not enlighment its just kinda your mind lying to itslef to feel better

i experiencd clinical depresion to religion had put me in a even worse state, god didnt help even if he did he also made u depresed in the first place. saying he helped you makes as much sens as if someone shot you and then took you to a hospital helped you 

I appreciate and respect your perspective. It seems as you have a deep seated hurt or vendetta with God due your personal experiences. I can’t refute your feelings about this but there might be a bit of a misdirected anger or resentment here. Blaming God on the sufferings humanity faces will never change the fact that we will face them.

What flavor would life have without some glitches here and there anyways. Plus, I’m not romanticizing pain or suffering, I am fully aware I don’t need to be happy all the time or have all s**t together to be content. I have learned to be resilient and not let uncontrollable situations rob me of peace.

Also, I do see your point if He is the creator of everything then everything good or bad would still be under His power. The reality is  He created then allowed us to choose and do whatever so it’s really up to humanity to use our intelligence, moral and responsibility to enjoy earth, care for each other and thrive.

I might not share much more in this thread as I don’t want it to be a back and forth about beliefs or religion but, if you do want to love God and have resentment, hurt or anger you are free to feel that way and make that confession. Hopefully you will find some peace with that. 💙

• Like 1

God is everywhere, and also in all of us. Some are more aware of this than others.

Also being gay and spiritual are not mutually exclusive. In fact, most LGBT ppl are more spiritually aware than the general population.

Just keep in mind that most “biblical” texts were written by human beings, presumably straight men of their time. So they will often be biased, inaccurate and lack different perspectives. Along with some insights, of course.

My advice would be to focus on the 10 commandments (aka just be a good person), establish a personal relationship with God, and forget the rest. If you can find an LGBT-affirming church, great. If not, that’s fine too. 

I'm about to leave the church in 2024 and I don't believe in the abrahamic definition of God. I would say all world religions are outdated and I don't understand young people (especially gays and women) who are still members of the big organized religions. I don't believe in Jesus, Krishna, Mohammed etc. People who believe in the "book" religions should actually read the books. Studying the scriptures is the reason why I don't believe in them. I haven't read all of them or everything but what I've read and what I see every day is more than enough. All of them were created by straight men and for straight men. They're very patriacharl, homophobic etc.

That being said, I'm not an Atheist (but I have nothing against Antheist). I believe in Animism and I'm also learning about biocosmology and panpsychism. I believe that the Universe has something like a soul. I also believe the earth, the milky way, the trees etc. have something like a soul, too. I think I believe in the Hindu concept of oneness. Sometimes I pray to the universe, nature, earth, moon etc. Sometimes I pray to the Goddess, sometimes to the Gods. I follow the Moon-Calendar. I believe in reincarnation. I tried to become a Hindu but as I said organized Religions just aren't my thing and I can't ignore the homophobia and human rights issues. I tried Paganism and I guess I would call myself a Pagan but I wouldn't join the Pagan movements either. I think Spirituality is beautiful and I encourage everyone to think for themselves and don't listen to other people, books etc. 

Edit: Btw I find it interesting that people here only talk about the christian God. You guys do realize there are other Religions out there? The christian God and the Hindu definition of God are different. What makes Hinduism (or any other Religion) wrong and Christianity right? Nothing, you just believe in Christianity because you grew up in a christian culture. Religions are man-made.

Edited by Anthinos

On 11/13/2023 at 5:11 AM, Queen. said:

No one created God So how can a creator have a creator????? 

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. I believe that God ALWAYS existed. He is the creator of everything.

You believe in the christian God aka YHWH. Hindus believe in Brahman. Other religions have their own definition of God and names for God/Goddess. What you said about Buddha is disgusting. Have some respect for other Religions. The arrogance. Your Religion isn't the truth, sorry.

at this point, I don’t think so

however, I’ve always had such a turbulent yet complicated yet beautiful, entirely sacrosanct and predominantly private relationship with both religion and god...

Spoiler

I grew up hella jewish, but reform jewish. my family celebrated every holiday pretty strictly, we were all b’nai mitzvot, we put so much faith in a lot of things we did. sunday school, hebrew school, jewish summer camp… yet the reform kicked in in a few fascinating ways. we were allowed to eat bacon. we were allowed to eat meat with dairy (though my mom would often comment about how “oh what would my mom think of this…”) :dies: speaking of her mom, my bubbie was a major presence in my life until she passed at age 92 (when I was around 13). my parents would throw these amazzzing like top notch best hanukkah parties you can imagine!! dozens of relatives, many whose relation to me I couldn’t even figure out, packed into our middle class suburban house with incredible jewish food and fun and games and laughter! however, the reform kicks into my family in another way: we celebrate christmas too! my dad grew up with a jewish father and a christian mom who herself was raised in a christian science household in nowhere iowa.

Spoiler

so, my bubbie was certainly not a fan of the quarter goyishe my siblings and I had in our blood. before throwing those hanukkah parties, my mom always made sure to take our christmahanukkah bush (it’s like a christmas tree but with jewish ornaments in addition to christian ones, family photos n stuff too it’s cute!) out to the shed so my bubbie wouldn’t see. we’d of course bring it back in after the party was over and everyone in the extended family had left! so, my parents gave us a unique jewish experience.

Spoiler

my parents decided early on to give us that jewish upbringing with strong morals. they found us a great congregation in Chevy Chase with a rich musical community. they let us eat whatever our little hearts desired, but we had to go to sunday school and hebrew school. we were allowed to do work on shabbat, but we had to study torah. my brothers and i were circumcised, but none of us had brisim. my parents were totally chill with us befriending people of any backgrounds. honestly judaism traditionally has a lot of liberal values, but my mom’s parents were discerning about who she could hang out with. my mom even sent my 3 oldest siblings to a quaker elementary/middle school. and my oldest sister actually went to a private episcopalian high school in Potomac!

Spoiler

anyway, saying it all in words is so peculiar now because it felt so organic at the time, but now looking back it was totally unique. all other jews i knew had stricter customs in their families, and many weren’t as totally averse to koshering as my family was! I think my mom was just so turned off from growing up orthodox that she felt like her children shouldn’t have to miss out on amazing food. she was still traditional in a lot of other ways obviously. what’s interesting though is that judaism has a lot of naturally liberal values, so yeah, in the religious department, my upbringing was pretty solid and respectable!

but as for what it amounts to now...?

Spoiler

well in all honesty, I’m not 100% sure. I think there are holier moments in my life, but I simply can’t believe in a traditional omnipotent fixture after I minored in philosophy lol. I could get into that a bit more if you guys have any questions about that btw! there’s beauty in the world which can’t entirely be explained, just as much as there’s terror in the world which CAN be explained. there’s also in the world which can’t be explained, though I feel like that’s often touched upon more. I love and respect and appreciate a lot of jewish values, and I understand why my mother adhered/adheres strongly to her past. I honor holidays such as Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Hanukkah, and Passover. Yom Kippur in particular has the most incredible, undeniable symbolism I’ve pretty much ever heard of. it’s about renewal, and fasting for 24 hours to just cleanse your body of the past year. it’s so cool to me. and yet other things about judaism I just can’t get behind, like the aforementioned ridiculous custom of circumcision and I also can’t see why koshering is such an important fixture, it befuddles me. I think I’d consider myself agnostic with upholding certain jewish values. god isn’t quite present in my life, but I believe in some form of afterlife and spirits and the supernatural.

Spoiler

I know some people who have NEEDED something to believe in at all times. I had a dear friend who I actually removed from my life because she deserted her own identity to be a conservative christian. I think authenticity in oneself is so important, and she rescinded her bisexuality and distanced herself from her previous open-mindedness because her family nearly forced her to until she gave in. I miss her but she wasn’t a good influence. she had previously fluctuated between new age astrology and spirituality and full-blown midwestern evangelism. her family just couldn’t let her be, and I hope she escapes them soon. at the end of our friendship she would no longer listen to me or care about me, and she’d disrespect me over and over. she was staunchly anti-vax and got closer with her trumpster fire dad. anyway, I don’t NEED something to believe in at every moment in my life. I can just live comfortably with some level of unknown.

that’s why I consider myself agnostic with certain jewish values :gaycat2: I could say that god HAS had a part in my life, but not anymore!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.