Bigger: Gaga ‘08-‘11, Britney ‘98-‘01, or Taylor ‘20-‘23?

St. Charles

Most impressive 3 year peak?  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Who had the most impressive peak?

• Gaga ‘08-‘11
    • Britney ‘98-‘01
    • Taylor ‘20-23
  2. 2. Who had the biggest pop culture moment?

• Gaga ‘08-‘11
    • Britney ‘98-‘01
    • Taylor ‘20-23

1 hour ago, FreeXone said:

Gaga’s was the most impressive cause pop was literally DYING and she revived it single handedly

Britney is the biggest though clearly 

Gaga definitely changed stuff in the landscape but how was pop dying?? :psyduck: Fergie, Gwen, Nelly just had their peaks, the Black Eyed Peas were going strong, Rih has GGGB, Bey had IASF, Katy had IKAG and HNC, Timbaland was smashing with all kind of hits

Pop was alive and well

• Haha 3

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Axelios

• Mystic Boy

• MusicandSoul

1. Taylor (entire top 10, more million sellers, Eras Tour & Film)
2. Gaga (2009 VMAs, Bad Romance & Telephone videos, The Fame Monster, The Monster Ball Tour, BTW single, BTW first-week sales)

1 hour ago, Axelios said:

Even at their peak, no One Direction album sold as much as Fearless...

Was 1D even outselling Speak Now? 

OTH spewing embrassing copes :rip:

• Like 1

Taylor >>>>>>> Gaga >> Britney

Taylor and Gaga stomped on the entire industry, male or female. Whereas Britney was being outdone by Eminem and Backstreet Boys.

Taylor is really non-debatable commercially. She just doesn't have a single competitors right now. 

Culturally, I feel like we won't see all the impact of Taylor's current peak until a few years. In the meantime, probably Gaga. 

Taylor is having the most impressive peak and Britney I think had the biggest pop culture moment considering she was celebrity itself.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Taylor for both

gaga changed the culture & fashionback then, she was everywhere from ‘9-‘11 and Taylor for peak shes still going upwards now and doesnt seem to slow down

Are people really that dense saying that they can’t feel Taylor’s impact?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Smilers said:

Taylor >>>>>>> Gaga >> Britney

Taylor and Gaga stomped on the entire industry, male or female. Whereas Britney was being outdone by Eminem and Backstreet Boys.

Really?

if I remember correctly Susan Boyle outdone Gaga in 2009, Eminem in 2010 and Adele and Bublé in 2011

• Thumbs Down 1

Commercially: 

Britney and Gaga were never too far away in stats than their peers, they both were in healthier music markets that allowed for large number of acts to be commercial juggernauts. Taylors commercial success over the past 3 years has been similar to the gap Adele had in the early 2010s so i'm gonna go with her.

Now in terms of pop culture moments, Gaga and Britney both have her beat. They have more iconic live performances, videos, outfits and albums which Taylor just doesn't have much of in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Itsaliability said:

I'm talking about her and Joe breaking up, which happened this year, her PEAK peak.

My point still stands

There will always be people talking about those stuff, but it isn't the popular and interesting thing to do anymore.

For example - her OG Red and her TV Red eras, the difference in that aspect is Huge.

If anything, the attacks were on Joe (altho I would argue that for a celeb relationship breakup, it wasn't as severe cuz everything was respectful for them)

Now, her exes get much more flack than her (again, per the red Scarf era)

ot: For the success aspects:

Taylor > Britney > Gaga

Gaga last because she lacked longevity if we look at their real dominations.

We've all heard the stories about the 0.99 cent album too

For the pop culture moments:

Britney>Gaga > Taylor

Britney's moments are Still talked about and are much more in numbers.

their debut year difference, makes it all much clearer.

Most impressive peak: clearly Taylor Swift.

Biggest pop culture moment: it's harder to tell.

Britney for Pop culture, and it’s not close. 

Taylor for both.

Adele's peak 2012-2015 is also an impressive pop culture moment too.

Change Gaga for Adele and they're all kind of on a similar level (with Taylor ahead)

Threads like this excluding Adele is always funny to me. Because era wise 21 and 25 outsold all of these women's albums. According to the stats yall use, Adele>> britney>> Taylor>>> Gaga 

• Thumbs Down 1

24 minutes ago, Harsh2256 said:

Threads like this excluding Adele is always funny to me. Because era wise 21 and 25 outsold all of these women's albums. According to the stats yall use, Adele>> britney>> Taylor>>> Gaga 

The problem with this is that Adele takes long breaks between her albums. It's hard to find a 3-year peak with her. The best you can do is a 2-year peak with 21 (from Rolling in the Deep in late 2010 to Skyfall in late 2012).

OT: Keep in mind, Taylor's new peak period really began in late 2022, with Midnights. If she plays her cards right with TS 11, Rep & Debut TV, and TS 12 from now until summer/fall 2025, that 3-year peak is going to be untouchable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.