Bigger: Gaga ‘08-‘11, Britney ‘98-‘01, or Taylor ‘20-‘23?

St. Charles

Most impressive 3 year peak?  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Who had the most impressive peak?

• Gaga ‘08-‘11
    • Britney ‘98-‘01
    • Taylor ‘20-23
  2. 2. Who had the biggest pop culture moment?

• Gaga ‘08-‘11
    • Britney ‘98-‘01
    • Taylor ‘20-23

I want my Taylor hit thread too so which 3-year peak was more impressive, and which was more exciting to witness first hand (a bigger cultural moment)?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Axelios

• Mystic Boy

• MusicandSoul

Britney for both. 

Gaga second on pop culture.

If you can fizzle out less than a year after your peak, your peak is not bigger than Taylor, :michael:.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Just now, Miss Americana said:

If you can fizzle out less than a year after your peak, your peak is not bigger than Taylor, :michael:.

Gaga stood up for gay rights a decade before YNTCD and she’s not conventionally attractive. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Can yall stop. The answer for all of these will always be Taylor Swift regardless of your personal feelings. No artist since the Beatles had a year like this. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, houdini said:

Can yall stop. The answer for all of these will always be Taylor Swift regardless of your personal feelings. No artist since the Beatles had a year like this. 

Then we need to end humanity 

How could humanity fall this bad? We used to have Madonna and now we have TS. I just want it all to end.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

It’s easier to compare Brit and Gaga in this context since they were at the same point in their career respectively

Taylor probably moved the most units in those peaks listed but she had the benefit of a massive back catalogue, I mean her biggest hit in that time period was a four year old song

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

How could humanity fall this bad.

i really wonder as well

tumblr_inline_pnawk3A2BK1rqgje6_250.thum

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Then we need to end humanity 

Don’t worry, there is no humanity left anymore. 

6 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Gaga stood up for gay rights a decade before YNTCD and she’s not conventionally attractive. 

These excuses. 

Madonna did a whole lot more and her career did not plummet and being ugly is not a valid excuse for flopping.

Try Again.

• Haha 12

Gaga. Easily 

You needed to be around in ‘09-‘11 to truly understand. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE knew her, knew Poker Face, knew the Meat Dress, and knew the BR video. My crusty ass great grandmother was stanning for Christ sake 

no shade but I feel like a lot of swifties on here we’re too young to remember 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Taylor also stood up for gay rights a decade before YNTCD with the Mean music video and multiple charitable donations on behalf of LGBT groups / causes, which was a big move for someone entirely centered in country music at the time. :giraffe:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Miss Americana said:

These excuses. 

Madonna did a whole lot more and her career did not plummet and being ugly is not a valid excuse for flopping.

Try Again.

Music actually sold in the 80s tho

5 minutes ago, houdini said:

Taylor has obtained over 6 #1 hits in those three years, had SEVEN #1 albums, sold over one million albums in the first week multiple times, biggest tour in history, most consumed artist globally, breaking every single record possible, won an AOTY thropy.

Wait I didn’t even think about the fact she’s packed some people’s ENTIRE career success into just a four year window of her own career :deadbanana4: 7 #1 albums in 4 years is especially insane

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

she’s not conventionally attractive. 

this is so unprovoked :bibliahh:

• Haha 2

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

Music actually sold in the 80s tho

Taylor is selling at a rate that no other modern artist sells at, indicating she has a hold over a completely dying form of consumption. 

• Like 1

Just now, houdini said:

this is so unprovoked :bibliahh:

Like I was so confused. 

• Like 1

love this delusional world where swifties live. Could you give me what you smoke? :giraffe:

btw Britney > Gaga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Taylor 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Gaga deserved to be the modern Madonna but modern society is too stupid. 

Taylor had 86 Million global album units entering the new decade and she will finish 2023 at 181 Million. So 95 Million album units gained.

6 #1 hits and 7 #1 albums.

Her 2023-24 tour shapes up to be the highest grossing in history by a landslide

The Era’s tour movie is the highest grossing of it‘s kind

Dominating award shows including the AOTY Grammy

From a commercial standpoint it‘s Taylor.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.