Sky Ferreira no longer listed on Capitol Records artists page

kyliefever2002

Just now, Archetype said:

Capitol was preventing her from releasing the album, so theoretically this means she is free to release again.  The only question is if she was able to take her album with her, of if they're keeping it and she'll need to start over.

The good thing is that she's going on tour again and can use some of that money to fund another project without needing label approval. 

capitol was not the problem, she was. and now that excuse is gone. this girl is not using her own money to fund anything other than crack 

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RideOrDie

• Archetype

• GraceRandolph

• GardenPanty

And she was so close to releasing her album this decade…. :cries:

new excuse dropped:

i'm a free independent artist with no label!!! i can't release any songs if you guys can't support me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

why are yall cheering :rip: this means we’re never getting even another song from her  

I love Sky to death, but let's be real :rip: 

• Like 1

I love her but whew… yeah I’m not sure what’ll happen now. least she can do is acknowledge she’s free tbh 

happy for her for sure though, dgmw

You’d think this would mean she will finally start releasing new music…she’s going to have to come up with a new excuse quick 

I was told her label has been holding her back so I'm sure an album is incoming very soon :giraffe:

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

:giraffe: she officially joins the greats like azealia and lauryn hill that only ever released one album 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RideOrDie said:

nope! 

Yes, she has stated many times that she had versions of her album ready for release, final mixes done, etc.  The issue always came back to her label not approving it.  I have an entire iteration of the album in my library and the songs all sound finsihed.

1 hour ago, GardenPanty said:

capitol was not the problem, she was. and now that excuse is gone. this girl is not using her own money to fund anything other than crack 

Sky actually put in the work and finished several versions of the album over the last 5 years.  It was on Capitol for not letting her release any of the versions.  Sky herself has said this.  She took a long ass time and that’s unacceptable, but the lack of a release is not on her.  Also it’s really pathetic of you to continue the false crack and drug allegations, another lie she has very clearly spoken out against.  

Edited by Archetype
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

4 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Yes, she has stated many times that she had versions of her album ready for release, final mixes done, etc.  The issue always came back to her label not approving it.  I have an entire iteration of the album in my library and the songs all sound finsihed.

Sky actually put in the work and finished several versions of the album over the last 5 years.  It was on Capitol for not letting her release any of the versions.  Sky herself has said this.  She took a long ass time and that’s unacceptable, but the lack of a release is not on her.  Also it’s really pathetic of you to continue the false crack and drug allegations, another lie she has very clearly spoken out against.  

she made like 20 songs over the last decade and 80% of them are unfinished, rough demos :rip: there's no mixed and mastered album to release. even with don't forget she finished it in 2022 but she "started" (we all know tamaryn and jorge did the heavy lifting) that song in like 2014. why would her label not approve of her to release an album when they allowed her to release downhill lullaby and don't forget? did they also not allow her to release the music videos for those (no, we all know she fired the video editor and scrapped the don't forget mv because she didn't like it but promised over a dozen interviews that it was going to be released) 

PLEASE think :heart:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

she made like 20 songs over the last decade and 80% of them are unfinished, rough demos :rip: there's no mixed and mastered album to release. even with don't forget she finished it in 2022 but she "started" (we all know tamaryn and jorge did the heavy lifting) that song in like 2014. why would her label not approve of her to release an album when they allowed her to release downhill lullaby and don't forget? did they also not allow her to release the music videos for those (no, we all know she fired the video editor and scrapped the don't forget mv because she didn't like it but promised over a dozen interviews that it was going to be released) 

PLEASE think :heart:

Clock ha

:swan:

The way y'all still running with that LIE about Capitol preventing her from releasing :rip:

When she begs columbia to sign her just to be label mates with queen H again :eli:

Edited by lillavend3r

so shes free from label restrictions

that means she will release music quickly right

right?

Lmao what a joke. I hate how people continue to make excuses for this overrated lazy woman. Time to put in that job application for Zara 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

Clock ha

:swan:

The way y'all still running with that LIE about Capitol preventing her from releasing :rip:

i could see the tea about her for like 5 years now but i almost felt bad for her when she was doing those 2022 interviews talking about how bad she had it and i'm like yeah the industry sucks, these big labels are capitalistic money hungry machines and i'm sure she has been treated unfairly many times - BUT she keeps promising music videos and albums, saying that they are DEFINITELY coming out in the same interviews while playing this victim complex. she's late to these interviews, concerts, she randomly said she was in a car accident for being late to one of the concerts with no evidence or context whatsoever :rip: textbook narcissist seeking attention. she has never once took responsibility for any of the things SHE (not capitol) promised to her fans. album, music videos, merch, releases etc. :rip:

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Well, it’s clear this arrangement wasn’t working so I’m hoping she can move on now and release music when she’s ready. 

Fxj07cjXoAEcbrG.jpg

the fact that she was using the same language and excuses in 2010:

enhanced-buzz-wide-15933-1368127897-20.j

i screamed when i read "this winter." PATHOLOGICAL! P-A-T-H-O-L-O-G-I-C-A-L!

Edited by RideOrDie
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

Fxj07cjXoAEcbrG.jpg

the fact that she was using the same language and excuses in 2010:

enhanced-buzz-wide-15933-1368127897-20.j

i screamed when i read "this winter." PATHOLOGICAL! P-A-T-H-O-L-O-G-I-C-A-L!

Digging up old facebook posts from when Sky was a teenager? Girl you need to move on. 

• Like 4

I think we can chill with the “omg she’s so addicted to crack” jokes y’all. Reductive and not needed 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 4Walls said:

I think we can chill with the “omg she’s so addicted to crack” jokes y’all. Reductive and not needed 

I don’t know why addiction and personality disorder jokes are okay when it comes to Sky. Most of our faves have probably dabbled in drugs, it’s not a cool thing to joke about. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.