Tate McRae - 'THINK LATER'

kyliefever2002

1 hour ago, unclefloprry said:

I just realized that she's releasing her new album on the same day as a certain person who calls herself the "Queen of Rap."  :lakitu: this would be interesting 

btw all this promo for the song is amazing :flame: 

Nicki won't drop on the 8th lmao whoever believes that is delusional af

Tate wasn't going to debut at #1 anyway. But a top 5 is definitely on lock

• Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kellebrity98

• Raphy23

• kyliefever2002

• Credit

This album is not good.

I’m shocked that RCA is pushing her as a major pop star with this. There are some cute songs but nothing greedy / exes level

Edited by GardenPanty
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, GardenPanty said:

This album is not good.

I’m shocked that RCA is pushing her as a major pop star with this. There are some cute songs but nothing greedy / exes level

Expect to be very disappointed

Mess I had a feeling that might happen with Greedy & Exes being the last additions to the album :chick1:

1 minute ago, GardenPanty said:

This album is not good.

Expect to be very disappointed

Did it l-word or something?

I mean lets be real, her voice tone will only last so long. She needs to switch it up because its very grading to the ears.

Her live performances with choreo is what will carry this era...but idk about her future

4 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Mess I had a feeling that might happen with Greedy & Exes being the last additions to the album :chick1:

They made her go back and record more songs after Greedy smashed. ironically some of those are worse than the songs they scrapped. but most of the new additions are my favs

Edited by GardenPanty
  • Like 1

I wonder where this will debut. I hope inside the top 10 (preferably top 5 lol). But I'd be happy with anything top 10 and then that it serves longevity as this is truly her "being discovered" era. I'm aware she had another album and a couple EPs and a hit single prior to this but she feels like a completely new artist rn so this is her breakout era for sure and those usually take time to accumulate good units. Kinda like Dua's Future Nostalgia era which didnt smash right off the gate but ended up repeaking at a later point and ended up accumulating TONS of SPS units.

1 minute ago, GardenPanty said:

They made her go back and record more songs after Greedy smashed. ironically some of those are worse than the songs they scrapped. but most of the new additions are my favs

Is there any other bangers or really fun pop songs?

Just now, X~MoviePoP said:

I mean lets be real, her voice tone will only last so long. She needs to switch it up because its very grading to the ears.

Her live performances with choreo is what will carry this era...but idk about her future

This is my main concern with her too. I said she was too vanilla before and kinda boring but that BBMA performance really made me see her differently. Kinda like Normani's Love Lies performance at the BBMAs actually lol. But her vocal tone is not it....it sounds TOO generic. Like all the top 40 radio DJ feature hits. It's very plain. The wild thing is I know its a stylistic choice and not her natural voice so she can actually drop it if she works hard enough to retrain and slowly condition her voice into another direction which can be way more distinct, unique and pleasant. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

This album is not good.

Wait so this is a rushed quick lil album? Mess :chick3:

1 minute ago, PotatoPancake420 said:

Is there any other bangers or really fun pop songs?

yes

1 minute ago, B-Luke said:

Wait so this is a rushed quick lil album? Mess :chick3:

most of the songs are just mid at best . her fanbase will probably eat it up but everyone here thinking she’s the next dua lipa will be disappointed 

4 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

Mess :deadbanana: Hopefully not as many boring duds as the last alberm

4 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

I wonder where this will debut. I hope inside the top 10 (preferably top 5 lol). But I'd be happy with anything top 10 and then that it serves longevity as this is truly her "being discovered" era. I'm aware she had another album and a couple EPs and a hit single prior to this but she feels like a completely new artist rn so this is her breakout era for sure and those usually take time to accumulate good units. Kinda like Dua's Future Nostalgia era which didnt smash right off the gate but ended up repeaking at a later point and ended up accumulating TONS of SPS units.

I think Top 10 is locked especially with how she’s doing great on US AM for a pop artist. Xmas albums might be tough to get a Top 5

Just now, GardenPanty said:

yes

most of the songs are just mid at best . her fanbase will probably eat it up but everyone here thinking she’s the next dua lipa will be disappointed 

Anyone who thinks she’s gonna be the next Dua Lipa is actually insane lol. Dua has like 6 years of mainstream acknowledgment under her belt and an album that’s a SMASH… Tate needs a few years, even if she’s been making music for a while

well, I didn't wanna bring negativity into this thread because I'm genuinely happy to see the acclaim she's been getting based off greedy and exes but yeah, I agree with that 

if you liked her debut you will like a good chunk of this album, and if you like the singles you will also like several songs

that being said the more I listen to this and the more I try to make myself enjoy the whole project- the more I realize how underwhelming and half baked it is, the quality control was so *not* here this time, instead of going full on bad pop girl she ended up picking the most random and mediocre songs to please her audience of basic white girls and left off songs that were miles better

still a good album, with several good songs, but it's a shame that she had a chance to make a 10/10 record and decided not to

2 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

yes

I figured greedy & exes wouldn’t be super out of a place on the album… cause I know she said before that greedy didn't sound like the rest of the album, but that’s before greedy blew UP

1 minute ago, PotatoPancake420 said:

I figured greedy & exes wouldn’t be super out of a place on the album… cause I know she said before that greedy didn't sound like the rest of the album, but that’s before greedy blew UP

they are not, greedy is one of the oldest songs on the album actually, most of it was done in the past 3 months 

lol at the hate train for Tate? So weird. Music is an opinionated taste. I think I’m gonna LOVE this album. And I cannot wait

I take it the rest of the album is her usual saccharine h&m pop then. Sounds like I'll stick to exes and greedy then. Maybe they didn't have enough time to do an entire project like the one we wanted and it's her next album that'll  be her Loose/Good Girl Gone Bad one. Doubt anyone'll care by then though. 

anyone expecting pop excellence are setting themselves up. i dont expect nothing but trendy and catchy songs. songs meant to stick around and keep her name out there. shes literally not even 21 lmao would not be surprised if next album had full on max martin penned bops. but shes still scratching the surface of all her potential. we need to give ha room to fail and improve too!!!

Edited by jjmed59
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, ThaMatheus902 said:

lol at the hate train for Tate? So weird. Music is an opinionated taste. I think I’m gonna LOVE this album. And I cannot wait

its a rite of passage at this point, i remember the dramatics before sour came out (not saying this will serve that) but ppl were acting like it was all a fluke :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

i love how some random people who probably never heard any tracks on think later claim it’s bad. we saw the same thing with “insiders” when they said that guts, midnights, sos, 1989 tv etc and all of them became grammy nominated, chart topping, critically acclaimed records. and also i love how they think that their opinion is everyone’s. 

tate gave us top tier singles and videos and she will deliver with tm2 :gaycat5:

1 hour ago, GardenPanty said:

This album is not good.

greedy and exes are both mid at best

1 hour ago, GardenPanty said:

This album is not good.

Is track 12 any good?

please

65fc6da721e94406bb20e483b8766a90.thumb.gif.a3c204ee46d8919b645d635f5cb37d16.gif

i think i will wait for the whole album to be out and actually listen to it myself before rejecting it because of a few insiders. she has served nothing but excellence with the singles so far

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.