Marvel Studios in crisis, gathers to figure out path forward

mystery

8 hours ago, Jessie said:

X-Men / Fantastic Four / Dr Doom is where the pivot needs to happen to and away from Kang / the multiverse / a Falcon led Avengers for sure.

Scream it louder for the people in the back!

• Haha 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptus

• BoyLikeYouSuxx

• Gorjesspazze9

• Talento

Everything started falling apart directly after Endgame. They should have taken the story in a different route, promptly introducing a new threat—whether that's Kang or Dr. Doom. That's the only way they could have continued on after Endgame. Keep the excitement high and the ball rolling. The films that have been releasing for the past several years just feel random and wayward, not really doing anything impressive. It was just one massive misfire, aside from No Way Home and Wakanda Forever.

I have absolutely no interest in The Marvels, or anything else Marvel will be releasing for the next year—roughly. They absolutely need to go back to the drawing board and make very fast course corrections, otherwise their downfall will just continue with great acceleration.

4 hours ago, Pink Ranger said:

Wanda don’t return without a massive paycheque, she’s made it clear she wants to steer away from marvel for now, hoping money talks and they adapt House of M into a film and pay her BANK 

I honestly hope Lizzie never returns unless in its in a huge pivotal way, in a WELL written movie. They disrespected her so hard with MoM. She should have been the anti hero and her villain arc saved for an eventual X Men film

• Like 1

Marvel Studios have made a lot of mistakes after Endgame, but they also had (and are) facing really big issues that are outside of their control that would bring most if not all studios down.

That being said, they really f*cked up by introducing a lot of new characters and going to completely different directions with all of them with little to no overlap between these stories. I get why they did it, because after Endgame they needed to set up new teams and do it fast, but it's been over 4 years since that and there's no team up movie or project in sight. It also doesn't help that they single-handedly destroyed people's good faith in their plans by f*cking up some of their most beloved characters while putting the spotlight on those people don't really care for (yet). Like, the Multiverse of Madness debacle is truly one for the books because it takes a lot to completely destroy a character like they did with Wanda and that's all on them. How can you make a story that's a direct sequel of WandaVision without making screenwriters/director watch that first? It absolutely makes no sense. And that's what the issues ultimately are: no plans for projects in the near future (outside of let's throw stuff to the wall and see what sticks), lack of direction/quality control and weak stories.

I agree that the best way out of this could probably be wrapping up The Multiverse Saga as soon as possible and start anew with the introduction of X-Men and Fantastic 4 as the new faces of the MCU.

14 hours ago, Pink Ranger said:

Wandavision, Shang-chi, BP2, Spider-Man NWH, Guardians 3, Captain America & Winter Soldier and Moonnight have all been great , MOM was okay (Wanda saved it) 

Naah, last episode was an abomination. Isaac gave an excellent performance but everything else was bad.

Edited by Raptus
  • Thanks 1

Eternals soiled the waters and then MoM started the proper downfall... everything since MoM has been a small hit or a complete miss.

I love the MCU but even I feel the burnout and I'm watching everything just for the sake of it, even if I don't enjoy it. They need to re-focus and go back to releasing fewer stuff so it feels more special.

Wanda should obviously be the main protagonist going forward, until they find their next big character - possibly with X-men, though I'm not sure if pivoting to X-men will help them atp :rip: bringing back the og Avengers in a project that isn't Secret Wars would be a mistake as well... 

The Marvels is going to be an unprecedent BOMB for Marvel. The movie looks like an absolute skipper, nobody needs that storyline.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

This happens when you put B-C list superheroes as main characters. Nobody cares about Antman, Dr. Strange, Shang-Chi, Lady Black Panther or the Marvels fighting a villain who is easily defeated by big ants.

Edited by unclefloprry

2 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

This happens when you put B-C list superheroes as main characters. Nobody cares about Antman, Dr. Strange, Shang-Chi, Lady Black Panther or the Marvels fighting a villain who is easily defeated by big ants.

Iron Man was a D list superhero before first movie became a hit:skull:

2 hours ago, Raptus said:

Iron Man was a D list superhero before first movie became a hit:skull:

Right? Not to mention Guardians of the Galaxy were straight up Z listers. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.