doordash exposes non-tippers to deliverers, warns that their orders are deprioritized

Asscatchem

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frappucino

• BussC,XOXO

• Sheep

• BletaRexher

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Frappucino said:

Unless you’ve paid off a car you have to make monthly payments for it. 

There’s also paying for gas, insurance plus maintenance of the car. 

Why should you be put on the priority list when you’re not considering these factors when placing a delivery? You’ve played yourself when you should’ve picked up the food your own self then. 

it’s not tipping culture it’s common ******* sense. 

We have the same bills in the UK but literally nobody tips. Companies need to pay their workers

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Binxstan said:

We have the same bills in the UK but literally nobody tips. Companies need to pay their workers

Good for you guys…? … sounds like it wouldn’t apply to you guys then? But anyway my point is, if you’re a shitty customer then expect shitty customer service. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

This has literally always been the case though. Obviously drivers can see in advance how much an order will pay. They are literally contractors (whether you think that’s a good thing or not)

Having meals not only cooked for you but also delivered to your residence is an extreme form of luxury that was unthinkable until very recently. If you want this luxury service you should expect to pay for it, there is no world where a $4 service fee covers 30 minutes to an hour of a driver's time. The entitlement is so bizarre:deadbanana2:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 minutes ago, Sheep said:

there is no world where a $4 service fee covers 30 minutes to an hour of a driver's time. The entitlement is so bizarre:deadbanana2:

i know right?! doordash should be upfront and include the true cost in the service fee instead of making a portion of it technically optional.

• Like 3

I live in North America and tipping culture is so dumb. I can see this model in some cases (small businesses) but some of these restaurants and giants make so much money that they could bump the pay the employees.

It's so ridiculous that some of the debit machine options only start at 18-20% and even coffee shops are starting to have tip options. And if you tip less at some restaurant the waiter will give you attitude like I didn't pick that career for you-

Edited by ugo

9 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

i know right?! doordash should be upfront and include the true cost in the service fee instead of making a portion of it technically optional.

You always hear about drivers getting stiffed way more often than regular waiters too, which is extremely backwards if you stop to think about it. :deadbanana2:

22 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Having meals not only cooked for you but also delivered to your residence is an extreme form of luxury that was unthinkable until very recently. If you want this luxury service you should expect to pay for it, there is no world where a $4 service fee covers 30 minutes to an hour of a driver's time. The entitlement is so bizarre:deadbanana2:

Lol, in UK food delivery started in the 60s :priceless: Even in eastern europe you could order food 30 years ago, the only difference is that you called instead of using an app. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Raptus said:

Lol, in UK food delivery started in the 60s :priceless: Even in eastern europe you could order food 30 years ago, the only difference is that you called instead of using an app. 

Restaurants that make delivery a service and independent delivery services are two different things. The latter was very niche until recently.

You look foolish.

Edited by Sheep
  • Thumbs Down 1

55 minutes ago, Frappucino said:

Unless you’ve paid off a car you have to make monthly payments for it. 

There’s also paying for gas, insurance plus maintenance of the car. 

Why should you be put on the priority list when you’re not considering these factors when placing a delivery? You’ve played yourself when you should’ve picked up the food your own self then. 

it’s not tipping culture it’s common ******* sense. 

The thing you just described is LITERALLY tipping culture :rip:

All those costs should be covered by the employeer.

• Thanks 1

This isn't anything new, I used to do Door Dash on the side and you see up-front what you will earn - and if it's just the minimum default amount (was $4 at the time) it meant the person did not tip. You do not have to accept an order if you don't want to. Honestly I got to see how little people tip and I started doing the same :michael:

Either way, distance driven is what matters the most to me. I would happily accept a $4 trip without a tip if I'm driving a total of 4km or less... whereas I would not accept an $8 trip (so the person tipped $4) where I would need to drive 15km for example... the distance I need to drive in that example is not worth the pay. 

Also who cares if your order is "de-prioritized"? It's not like I need food instantly :laugh:

I feel like ALL costs should be covered by the employee, the customer plays their part by PAYING for the service, bottom line cut-n-dry

A tip is a BONUS for good service, a tip is not a substitution for a salary, a tip is optional and a tip should be not be given before services are rendered. A tip is a thank you

period-periodt.gif

Edited by TaggedGalaxy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mitsouko said:

good lol. If you don't wanna tip then go WALK and get your OWN ****

EDIT: oof the downvotes, broke bítches is mad

this right here

i kno when i order thru Uber Eats and Door Dash dat i will tip da driver

if you can't afford it, then cook ur own food, no one is forcing you to order food delivery

also u can always order to go and pick it up without having to tip, jus ignore da tip jar

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

41 minutes ago, AmericanIdol said:

The thing you just described is LITERALLY tipping culture :rip:

All those costs should be covered by the employeer.

Drivers are under a contract with them henceforth they decide if your shitty tip is worth the job. I applaud DoorDash for teaching you all the basics; cook at home or pick it up yourself if you’re gonna ***** & whine about it. 

4 minutes ago, Frappucino said:

Drivers are under a contract with them henceforth they decide if your shitty tip is worth the job. I applaud DoorDash for teaching you all the basics; cook at home or pick it up yourself if you’re gonna ***** & whine about it. 

That's literally tipping culture :rip:

Drivers are already under a contract that has a base pay, they are not driving for free. The fact these companies have people like you defending them for their bad working conditions and low wages :ahh: Capitalism at its best.

• Like 1

This is such a tired argument when we all know DoorDash could just give them more money :coffee2:

• Thanks 1

Just now, AmericanIdol said:

That's literally tipping culture :rip:

Drivers are already under a contract that has a base pay, they are not driving for free. The fact these companies have people like you defending them for their bad working conditions and low wages :ahh: Capitalism at its best.

So you know it’s under capitalism, you know the conditions, you know they’re under a contract and you still expect good service knowing the circumstances with a horrible tip? The point is that if you know, you know, so you can’t complain about them putting you at the bottom of the list. Maybe next time consider calling the restaurant itself and asking if THEY deliver if you have a problem with the service being offered to you. 

6 hours ago, Mitsouko said:

good lol. If you don't wanna tip then go WALK and get your OWN ****

EDIT: oof the downvotes, broke bítches is mad

say it LOUDER :clap3: people who ***** about tipping are ******* LOSERS :clap3:

I agree that we shouldn’t blame consumers because the company should be paying the workers a livable wage, but if you KNOW that they’re being payed like ****, why would you be an ******* about not tipping them? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I haven't used these apps in years. It's ridiculous to pay a surcharge of 10-15 for a 15 dollar meal. If it's fast food I just get it myself and if it's a higher end place I'd rather have the full experience rather than food that's cold by the time it gets to my place. 

6 hours ago, byzantium said:

(1) tipping culture is terrible and should be dismantled.

(2) however, your issue is not with the individuals just trying to make a living.  You should always tip for delivery service and wait staff.  (However, all those machines asking for a tip for a cup of coffee or counter service are ridiculous. )

:clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.