Kylie Minogue - 'Extension (The Extended Mixes)'

chicchick336

A little nervous for this because while Disco extended was almost uniformly great, you got the impression that those were the original forms of a lot of those tracks and then they had been trimmed down for the album versions. Whereas the couple extended versions we've gotten so far for Tension feel like they were extended at the last minute to move some single sales.

• Like 1

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dante Silva

• Frozen99

• Maroonx

• Pop Music Aussie

If it’s good, it’s good, if it’s bad, we have the original album

spacer.png

• Like 2

The rather questionable looking artwork that’s doing the rounds in higher def:

aYadbE3.jpg

klQoEOu.jpg

Edited by Dante Silva

33 minutes ago, Winged said:

spacer.png

is not even up for pre order yet 

lmfao what in the worldddddd

Do we actually have any official news on this?

3 hours ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

Do we actually have any official news on this?

Preorder on Nov 2nd supposedly 

Disco was completely elevated miles above when the extended mixes dropped. I’m sure Extension will serve the same!

• Thanks 1

I loved the Extended Mixes of DISCO, they elevated most of the songs sooo much but I just HATE how little effort her team is putting in the editions for Tension era, the same cover for ALL editions just with a bad photoshop colouring?? I’m done.

still gonna snatch it tho :bird:

12 hours ago, Romova99 said:

I loved the Extended Mixes of DISCO, they elevated most of the songs sooo much but I just HATE how little effort her team is putting in the editions for Tension era, the same cover for ALL editions just with a bad photoshop colouring?? I’m done.

Disco have 6 variants with the same artwork, at least this time they changed the colors :bird:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Romova99 said:

When you think about it, it’s actually quite cool to have a spectrum of colours using the same artwork, it does feel like different editions whilst remaining true to the original. I really don’t mind it that much 

21 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

A little nervous for this because while Disco extended was almost uniformly great, you got the impression that those were the original forms of a lot of those tracks and then they had been trimmed down for the album versions. Whereas the couple extended versions we've gotten so far for Tension feel like they were extended at the last minute to move some single sales.

I completely agree with everything you've said!! 

On 11/1/2023 at 10:18 AM, Shoful said:

Preorder on Nov 2nd supposedly 

But like where is this information coming from? 

Oh we moved. :WAP:

yeah i didn't wanna admit it but the exteneded mixes this era are a little underwhelming, but i choose to believe that it's because there's little room for improvement as the regular songs are excellent the way they are unlike DISCO

terrorjai.gif

Extended version of hold on to now really elevates the original. I definitely hear the Robyn influence. Hope this is another hit for her, I can see this being a staple in her setlist

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Rocket said:

:heart2:

crazy-i-can-hear-god.gif

THE INTRO :weeps: it elevates the already ethereal magical production

kylie robyn minogue™ did that

oh.. i get it it's (ex)Tension :bibliahh: queen of comedy 

Th cover art is tragic. I'll give it a listen but I'm sure I won't stream it more than once or twice.

Extended mixes made sense for Disco it captured the essence of Disco as a genre perfectly (even though some of them were rushed).

Tension extended doesn’t make as much sense. Is she’s not planning to add dimension, new vocals, c part when needed and all they’re going to do is toss some more instrumental they can keep this cash grab.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.