is it finally time to admit Taylor has surpassed Madonna?

DTF

Atrl decides  

475 members have voted

1. 1. Yes

• No
    • Yes
    • Abstain

If she was allowed to chart every track in her release albums back in the day, every song from her albums up until MDNA would have charted, and we’d be calling Act of Contrition a Top 10 smash. No comparisons make sense, Taylor is fine and has a few nice songs but she’s no Madonna in any shape or form.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thequeenofpopmadonna

• GlamSlam

• JaXXXon

• WildHeart

I know some of y'all think pop culture started in 2010 but please do some research before making these stupid threads :deadbanana2:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Swifties,is everything good at home?

Baiting and provoking every damn fanbase ? :rip:

What kind of hysteria is this?

Even is she sells 1 trillion albums she's not ever touching the Madonna,MJ and The Beatles level, wake the **** up and nurture your atrophied redneck brains with music culture :ace:

• Like 11

Y’all really just cannot stand Taylor Swift and that is so funny to me :dies: 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, She-Rah said:

Madonna sweetie, I’m so sorry.

imagine saying one of the most monumental, experimental, unapologetic artist of all time has been topped by someone so non-threatening, vanilla and insipid who is only that big because blonde white girls with blue eyes can see themselves in her and her corny music. Madonna’s music, videos, incredible performances shifted culture world wide and used her fame to uplift marginalized people. do you see Taylor fully supporting the lgbtq community at the peak of her career and even including facts about HIV/aids on her monumental album True Blue which she released at the peak of her career? Madonna would actually be bigger than she is if she was a people’s pleaser and behaved the way society wants her to behave. That’s why the media has always felt like they need to “humble” her because she’s always defiant and confident. 

like Aretha said:

aretha-franklin-aretha.gif 

Amen to this

5 minutes ago, She-Rah said:

Madonna would actually be bigger than she is if she was a people’s pleaser and behaved the way society wants her to behave.

This is also something that cannot be stressed enough but I don't think most swifties have the range to even begin to understand it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, She-Rah said:

Madonna sweetie, I’m so sorry.

imagine saying one of the most monumental, experimental, unapologetic artist of all time has been topped by someone so non-threatening, vanilla and insipid who is only that big because blonde white girls with blue eyes can see themselves in her and her corny music. Madonna’s music, videos, incredible performances shifted culture world wide and used her fame to uplift marginalized people. do you see Taylor fully supporting the lgbtq community at the peak of her career and even including facts about HIV/aids on her monumental album True Blue which she released at the peak of her career? Madonna would actually be bigger than she is if she was a people’s pleaser and behaved the way society wants her to behave. That’s why the media has always felt like they need to “humble” her because she’s always defiant and confident. 

like Aretha said:

aretha-franklin-aretha.gif 

Couldn't have said it better :clap3:

8 hours ago, Eternium said:

Such a valid point. 6 years into their careers, Taylor Swift was causing controversy for excluding black people from her video set in Africa (“Wildest Dreams)” and Madonna was causing controversy for kissing a black man and addressing how people of color are unfairly targeted for crimes they didn’t commit (“Like A Prayer).”

It’s like comparing Ed Sheeran to Michael Jackson.

If You Say So Shrug GIF

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Madonna:

Like A Virgin

Like A Prayer

Papa Dont Preach

True Blue

La Isla Bonita

Material Girl

Express Yourself

Ray of Light

Frozen

Music

Vogue

Die Another Day

Human Nature

Hunger Up

Dont Tell Me

Power of Goodbye

Compare this to Taylor's highlights and my God, the landslide in terms of quality in favor of Madonna is crazy. You seriously want to compete with Style, Shake it off or Blank Space here? Or even worse, Bad Blood or Anti Hero? You guys are crazy to think Taylor holds even a candle against Madonna. Put some respect on Madonnas name

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Asscatchem said:

Taylor already surpassed her

the only madonna track i can name is Material Girl and Hang Up

snsd4.gif.f084b112d2a63abd48bbe300730ed3
Well, going by your avi you willingly listen to that k-pop noise so we wouldn’t necessarily expect you to be versed in one of the best discographies of all time. 

OT: no

Edited by She-Rah
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Again with this. 

NO

I'm sorry but in my country no one knows taylors name except for pop fans or swifties. Not to mention her forgettable songs.  But the singer, Madonna, is the household name and everyone knows her.

So keep being delusional.

Edited by thequeenofpopmadonna
  • Like 2

Taylor Swift is the closest the culture has seen to Madonna, but no. She’ll never surprass her because they aren’t running the same game.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DTF said:

according to respected publication Billboard she has already surpassed MJ

SZXCVVBIK

• Haha 2

nah

Taylor is huge, massive in streaming and so but when it comes to impact on music and Pop culture she is nowhere near Madonna and she will most probably never be.

Let’s talk about how unique Madonna’s classic are.

Fill in the blanks 

What is Taylor’s:

Like a Prayer - 

Vogue - 

Like a Virgin - 
La Isla Bonita - 

Express yourself -

Hung up - 

Frozen - 

Music - 

Ray of Light -

Material Girl - 

Papa don’t preach - 

4 Minutes -

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Eternium said:

Arguing that Madonna has an unfair advantage due to the state of the industry while including fraudulent streams for Taylor as album sales is incredibly daft :deadbanana: 

Madonna has not been surpassed and never will be. And I say that as someone who strongly dislikes Madonna.

Makes sense. People also have to factor in that unfortunately when Madonna passes away her catalog will get a boost much like MJ and Whitney so Madonna's numbers are going to continue to move forward and get a boost and I think she is getting an audit done on her catalog for a new cert update but also I think she will begin pushing her catalog more.

ANd she has some sort of biopic in the future too so Taylor will likely reach #2 but #1 is depending on circumstances.

Taylor earned it though

Edited by slw84

Its amazing how every time Taylor releases music, a bunch of OTH coping threads pop up.  I'm sorry for some of you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, She-Rah said:

snsd4.gif.f084b112d2a63abd48bbe300730ed3
Well, going by your avi you willingly listen to that k-pop noise so we wouldn’t necessarily expect you to be versed in one of the best discographies of all time. 

OT: no

I know you are not going after SNSD, the queens of Kpop.