Azealia Banks skulldrags Anitta and failed career, calls her “Third world Shakira”.

KatyPrismSpirit

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mons†er

• KatyPrismSpirit

• cyberpunkgoth

• She-Rah

7 hours ago, She-Rah said:

I think those of you saying “but Shakira is also from a 3rd world country” are missing the fact that Shakira’s massive crossover album (Laundry Service) was launched from the US. Shakira even moved full time to Miami to record and promote the album. Sony wanted Shakira be a global artist (she didn’t make her whole artistic identity about being from Colombia and how much sex Colombians love to have) so that is the Shakira that AB got to experience as someone who grew up in the states. After that Shakira moved to Spain and did most of her work from there or the US for promo. So I think despite Shakira being from Colombia, her label and her team has always portrayed her as an international super star. 

Anitta also moved to the US to promote her international career and Shakira always said she was proud of being colombian and her identity is a big part of her brand, one of her biggest hits (hips don't lie), is all about her being a Colombian goddess, she just doesn’t go back to colombia as much as anitta goes back to brazil because colombia isn't exactly a huge market like brazil is for anitta. Azealia is dumb af and that's a fact. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a huge Azealia stan and don’t care for anitta but I cannot support her coming for Brazil 

• Like 2

the stuff she said about LAN cafe's was a kii lets be real :bibliahh:

• Like 1

Azealia dragging other artists over their careers and career choices is always so funny, like..... I really want to have that level of delusion so I could enjoy life to the fullest. :celestial3:

• Haha 1

I love how yall give this ridiculous woman so much platform... Outside of ATRL no one knows gives a **** about anything she says :deadbanana4:

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Maroonx said:

I love how yall give this ridiculous woman so much platform... Outside of ATRL no one knows gives a **** about anything she says :deadbanana4:

not when CNN Brasil reported on it!

• Haha 1

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

not when CNN Brasil reported on it!

:deadbanana4: OMGGG whyyyyy, i dont get how people care about what this lunatic thinks...

It's giving uneducated and lacking basic geography skills. 

Azealia might have beefed with a lot of powerful people, but hell has no fury like angry brazilian stans.

Can ATRL stop giving attention already to her xenophobic and racist a** :coffee2:

• Like 1

Anitta outpaces Azealia in success though! In terms of career, Anitta is far more successful. It reeks of jealousy and delusion. 

• Like 2

On 10/26/2023 at 10:54 AM, iammadmat said:

Anitta also moved to the US to promote her international career and Shakira always said she was proud of being colombian and her identity is a big part of her brand, one of her biggest hits (hips don't lie), is all about her being a Colombian goddess, she just doesn’t go back to colombia as much as anitta goes back to brazil because colombia isn't exactly a huge market like brazil is for anitta. Azealia is dumb af and that's a fact. 

Hips don’t lie happened on Shakira’s Oral Fixation Vol 2. (By that time she had successful singles and the Tour of the Mangoose tour which did very well in Europe) I was specifically talking about Laundry Service which was Shakira’s massive crossover era. Also Shakira recorded separate versions of her singles (English and Spanish) as well as their music videos which helped her retain her massive Spanish speaking fanbase she had prior to laundry service. Anita doesn’t record Portuguese versions of her singles.

AB is far from dumb; her delivery is just harsh and hinders her message. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, She-Rah said:

Hips don’t lie happened on Shakira’s Oral Fixation Vol 2. (By that time she had successful singles and the Tour of the Mangoose tour which did very well in Europe) I was specifically talking about Laundry Service which was Shakira’s massive crossover era. Also Shakira recorded separate versions of her singles (English and Spanish) as well as their music videos which helped her retain her massive Spanish speaking fanbase she had prior to laundry service. Anita doesn’t record Portuguese versions of her singles.

AB is far from dumb; her delivery is just harsh and hinders her message. 

I get what you mean but just because she had multiple versions of a song going around doesn’t mean she didn’t showcase her heritage, even a child could tell Shakira wasn’t an American pop girl, her whole career is cemented on her being a proud colombian/latina, always has and always will be, and azealia is not only dumb af but also xenophobic and racist. 

Not Azealia Banks commenting on other people's careers when the best she could hope for at this point is being shortlisted for the next series of Big Brother. :rip:

On 10/27/2023 at 4:55 AM, PinkLamborghini said:

Love both queens, but Azealia really has the most creative drags :deadbanana:

Thats because she is nothing to loose. Most artists don’t say what they want to say because it would hurt their reputation and fall in the low level of azeala and no one wants that. 

We have also seen a lot of times when someone opens their mouth that they DESTROYED azelas. Sky jackson and Lana for example. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.