What celebrity’s death really shocked you?

Queen.

Michael Jackson

Prince

Whitney

George Michael

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Johnny Jacobs

• Leptine

• shookspeare

Top Posters In This Topic

Diana

Aaliyah

Brittany Murphy

27 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

You speak of his death like it was a suicide. It was an accidental drug overdose as a result of irresponsibly mixing benzodiazepines to treat insomnia. It was not determined to be a suicide and his friends and family all have noted multiple times that he was in fantastic spirits at the time of his death, he just couldn’t sleep. 

The rest of what you said—people being on top of the world but hiding sadness etc—is true as a statement but not really to Heath’s situation. That’s more accurately applied to Robin Williams. 

I didn't speak. I wrote. 

The man suffered from many mental issues especially from long tern depression. 

He took a bunch if drugs like painkillers and anti anxiety. It could very much still be depression. No one knows what happened or why he took them other than him. 

It was Prince's for me. I still remember the moment I woke up in a haze to the notification on my phone of an article speaking of a death hitting Paisley Park. I thought it was an old article from Vanity's passing; to think Prince passed several months after her. :chick3:

That's one that still feels surreal to me.

Selena (murdered by her fan club president)

Jenni Rivera (plane crash) 

Michael Jackson is the only one I could feel the WORLD STOP. I remember people crying and sobbing. Walking out the movie theatres. (I was watching transformers 2)

Second is Kobe but only cause I live in Los Angeles 

Edited by FreeXone

Chester (was only one that made me cry)

I'd say Mac Miller but i became a fan years after his death but I miss him more then anyone else these days :weeps:

SOPHIE, David Bowie, Robin Williams, Kobe, Naya Rivera

A lot of the ones mentioned in the thread, but also one that I don't think has been mentioned yet... Anton Yelchin. Especially with how it happened. R.I.P. :heart2:

14 hours ago, Raver said:

Kobe for sure. I still remember that day and sending the TMZ article to my brother 3 minutes after it was posted cause he is such a big laker fan. That day was cloudy/dark in LA too 

I didn’t really know him but that accident with his daughter was such a shock to me and so sad. A whole family left behind :weeps: 

Amy Winehouse has been the one that upset me more back in the day since I was already a big fan of her.

All of those. Also, mexican icon Juan Gabriel hit me hard :chick3:

Naya Rivera. It still doesn't feel like she's actually gone and it's been over three years. You just never expect someone so young and beautiful to pass in such a tragic incident.

Also Cameron Boyce. I was too old for Disney Channel by the time he got onto it but knew who he was, it's always a shock when someone younger than you dies, especially out of the blue.

I shared this a couple of times before but I vividly remember hearing about Kylie Minogue's death back when she had cancer. Granted I was very young and it wasn't true but that has been the most memorable celebrity death to me :deadbanana2:

Thankfully it wasn't real and the bops keep coming to this day from the legend :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.