Midnights is one year old today. Thoughts on it now?

Treason

Midnights One-Year Anniversary  

223 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the album today?

• It's aged excellently. I enjoy every single song and barely skip anything.
    • It's a decent album with some skips.
    • It's a mid album. I only listen to a few songs from it.
    • It's a bad album. One of her worst.
  2. 2. Where does it rank in her discography?

• It's her best album.
    • It's her second-best album.
    • It's her third-best album.
    • It's her fourth-best album.
    • It's her fifth-best album.
    • It's her sixth-best album.
    • It's her seventh-best album.
    • It's her eighth-best album.
    • It's her ninth-best album.
    • It's her worst album.

I be love Taylor’s discography but this album was as mid as mid can get. 

Though Midnight Rain is excellent 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Solaria

• Bosque

• Treason

I checked my lastfm and apparently, I haven't listened to it since October 22nd, 2022. Obviously, I don't remember any song from it but I remember hating it. Maybe it's time for a revisit ? Maybe in a few years.

MIDnights by Nap 😴😴 Antonoff

The visual of the album did not match the songs and Max Martin the golden touch of music was needed

Please Travis Kelce steal Max Martin from Arianas studio

• Like 1

This album is the reason I desperately want the singer-songwriter trend to end. Her worst impulses were enabled lyrically with this record.

• Like 2

It’s a great album with just a few skips, it’s 6th in my ranking of her albums. Maroon and High Infidelity are two of my favorite Taylor songs of all time. :clap3:

The songs I skip are Lavender Haze (overrated), Snow On The Beach (meh), Sweet Nothing (boring), and Glitch (I have actually revisited this one a few times and don’t dislike it as much as I used to, but I still skip it a lot). 

Couldn’t finish it. I was bored after Anti-Hero.

• Like 1

Not her best, in contention for her worst. I will die on the hill of Anti-Hero, though - a classique. 

Edited by nostalgic

I still listen to most of the album on a weekly basis. I’ll only listen to some of the songs I skip if I see they’re close to a streaming milestone(100mill, 1billion, etc) 

Dont use, but its a very «Taylor» album, so for fans I would assume its a favourite. About half of the songs are fairly weak, uninterresting pop songs imo. Still some well crafted lyrics and melodies here and there in true Swift-style. Its longevity is extremely impressive though, as it only had one huge hit.

• Like 1

Fantastic. Anti-Hero remains one of my favorite songs ever. It's so good.

Her best pop album.

What’s with all the Vigilante Sh*t hate? I love that song.

Midnights is an amazing album. My 2nd favorite of hers. :heart:

48 minutes ago, RihannaLoverrr said:

Her best pop album.

Very much this, it remains skipless and fresh 

Edited by Dephira

1 hour ago, Funnyfatty said:

The only album i listened and i love it :clap3: 

Didn't you just say somewhere you listened to evermore? :chick1: Give her her flowers 

1 minute ago, Dephira said:

Didn't you just say somewhere you listened to evermore? :chick1: Give her her flowers 

Yes yes i did. I’m like %75 on Evermore. I like most of it but the album i really know is Midnights. Evermore has potential to dethrone it so i’m slow with that one :D i want to keep enjoying midnights. 

The difference between Midnights and Evermore for me is, i hear the songs from midnights always in my head. Lavender haze is always playing in my head and sometimes Bejeweld etc so i feel ki d of addicted to it :toofunny3:

1 minute ago, Funnyfatty said:

Yes yes i did. I’m like %75 on Evermore. I like most of it but the album i really know is Midnights. Evermore has potential to dethrone it so i’m slow with that one :D i want to keep enjoying midnights. 

The difference between Midnights and Evermore for me is, i hear the songs from midnights always in my head. Lavender haze is always playing in my head and sometimes Bejeweld etc so i feel ki d of addicted to it :toofunny3:

Midnights has lots of addictive songs. It's that album that you can always play top to bottom and it just hooks into your brain. 

Evermore is more of a slow burn but you will get there :clap3: it is her best album

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Midnights has lots of addictive songs. It's that album that you can always play top to bottom and it just hooks into your brain. 

Evermore is more of a slow burn but you will get there :clap3: it is her best album

Yeah its weird. I don’t really visit her thread because I realised her fanbase hates it :toofunny2:  the last thing i want is to see that people hate my fave albumx 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.