Midnights is one year old today. Thoughts on it now?

Treason

Midnights One-Year Anniversary  

223 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the album today?

• It's aged excellently. I enjoy every single song and barely skip anything.
    • It's a decent album with some skips.
    • It's a mid album. I only listen to a few songs from it.
    • It's a bad album. One of her worst.
  2. 2. Where does it rank in her discography?

• It's her best album.
    • It's her second-best album.
    • It's her third-best album.
    • It's her fourth-best album.
    • It's her fifth-best album.
    • It's her sixth-best album.
    • It's her seventh-best album.
    • It's her eighth-best album.
    • It's her ninth-best album.
    • It's her worst album.

8e59235fd45680ac8356139e18cf643e.1000x10

Lavender Haze

Maroon

Anti-Hero

Snow on the Beach (feat. Lana Del Rey)

You're on Your Own, Kid

Midnight Rain

Question...?

Vigilante Sh*t

Bejeweled

Labyrinth
Sweet Nothing
Mastermind

The Great War

Bigger Than the Whole Sky

Paris

High Infidelity

Glitch

Would've, Could've, Should've

Dear Reader

Hits Different

Snow on the Beach (feat. More Lana Del Rey)

Karma (feat. Ice Spice)
You're Losing Me

Edited by Taeyong

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Solaria

• Bosque

• Treason

Funny how everyone was PANNING this album mercilessly until the mammoth debut numbers came out, then everyone switched. In truth it really is a MID album but it's grown on me over the last year. Bottom 3 in her discography for me but the stompage was still delicious to see as a fan

• Like 3

It is her fifth best album for me. Most is great. Also its longevity is insane like her career's longevity and it all came again with another repeak with midnights, which sold 13 million units in first year, thanks to folklore and other releases, who build the staircase to top. 

Taking her fame to new level of heights in streaming, which resulted in great comeback in midnights. Which is amazing pop album. Sometimes it is ok to make commercial album with some skips. And still better than most albums out there. 

Edited by adylovestaylorandjb
  • Like 1

Disgrace of a pop album, its numbers were only due to Taylor's flawless and impeccable marketing. The music itself doesn't deserve it at all.

Save Would've Could've Should've, Maroon , You're on Your Own Kid, The Great War and Bigger than The Whole Sky (maybe Snow On The Beach on a good day, but even that was an underwhelming collaboration for the two of them) and throw away the rest. What was she thinking making Vigilante ****, Bejeweled, Questions, Karma & Paris ? :deadbanana2:

Edited by D.Va
  • Like 4

Played it yesterday on vinyl actually. It's a good album, not amazing but it's definitely good.

• Like 1

It aged really well. I still like it about as much as when it was released, maybe even more. Still her best pop album for me. Despite that, it ranks only 6th in my ranking (behind evermore, Speak Now, folklore, Red and Fearless). There's a few songs that could be left out. The top 5 is really really strong though. 

Lavender Haze

Maroon :heart:

Anti-Hero

Snow on the Beach (feat. Lana Del Rey)

You're on Your Own, Kid :heart:

Midnight Rain

Question...?

Vigilante Sh*t

Bejeweled

Labyrinth
Sweet Nothing
Mastermind

The Great War :heart:

Bigger Than the Whole Sky

Paris

High Infidelity :heart:

Glitch

Would've, Could've, Should've :heart:

Dear Reader

Hits Different

Snow on the Beach (feat. More Lana Del Rey)

Karma (feat. Ice Spice)
You're Losing Me

Edited by Klein
  • Like 4

it was mid then and it’s still mid now. time didn’t do it any favor or make it more appreciable imo. anyone saying otherwise is a stan that likes to convince themselves that everything she puts out is gold or trying to rationalize its numbers with the quality of the album 

Edited by Miss Harajuku
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Grown on me immensely. I was in the camp of panning it upon release but over time you start to realize how many songs of it get stuck in your head, how easy listening they are and how they can be listened to at any place any time. This is truly her STREAMING album, she made the right choice in genres and sounds for this one.

Rep, 1989 & Red remain my trinity but this is definitely fourth place for me in her dizzie.

• Like 4

It has SO MANY great songs.

Anti-Hero, Maroon, You're On Your Own, Kid, Midnight Rain, Bejeweled, Karma, Would've Could've Should've, The Great War, Dear Reader ugh :jonny5:

Even songs that I didn't care at the beginning have been growing on me such as Labyrinth and Sweet Nothing. It's her best Pop album no doubt and it's grown so much on me. She really did that :clap3:

Edited by PopA911
  • Like 4

Love Midnights just as much as the day it was released. It's such a solid pop album with such a vibe. 100% not what I expected for TS10, but I'm glad I didn't get what I wanted because I didn't know this was the album I needed.

This album will always have a special place in my heart. Will forever remind me of being awake, in the middle of the night, feeding my newborns and looking out the nursery window just thinking about being a new dad. :heart:

Edited by Infatuation_Junkie
  • Like 3

Immaculate Tier:

Spoiler

Lavender Haze

Midnight Rain

Bigger Than The Whole Sky

Great Tier:

Spoiler

Maroon

Bejeweled

Mastermind

The Great War

Paris

Dear Reader

Good Tier:

Spoiler

Anti-Hero

You're On Your Own, Kid

Hits Different

Okayish Tier:

Spoiler

Snow On The Beach

Labyrinth

Sweet Nothing

High Infidelity

Glitch

Guilty Pleasure Tier:

Spoiler

Vigilante ****

Bad Tier:

Spoiler

Question..?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Also I am still completely GAGGED by the release of the 3AM edition. Blondie said "chaotic surprise" and she delivered. :jonny5:

• Like 3

I can't believe it's one year already! It felt like a few weeks or months ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

It has SO MANY great songs.

Anti-Hero, Maroon, You're On Your Own, Kid, Midnight Rain, Bejeweled, Karma, Would've Could've Should've, The Great War, Dear Reader ugh :jonny5:

Even songs that I didn't care at the beginning have been growing on me such as Labyrinth and Sweet Nothing. It's her best Pop album no doubt and it's grown so much on me. She really did that :clap3:

Dear Reader is extremely underrated. Pop stars will be following the rules in that song for decades to come I fear :WAP:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

Dear Reader is extremely underrated. Pop stars will be following the rules in that song for decades to come I fear :WAP:

I swear, every single time I listen to that bridge it’s like I’m listening to my best friend giving me advice. 

If you knew where I was walking

To a house not a home all alone cause nobody’s there

Where I pace in my pen and my friends found friends who care

No one sees when you lose when you’re playing solitaire :jonny5:

A great pop album, the standard version is kinda on par with 'Lover' to me, which I love (with '1989' still being her best pop album ofc). I have little use for the 3am tracks tho besides "The Great War". :lakitu:

9 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Immaculate Tier:

Hide contents

Lavender Haze

Midnight Rain

Bigger Than The Whole Sky

Great Tier:

Hide contents

Maroon

Bejeweled

Mastermind

The Great War

Paris

Dear Reader

Good Tier:

Hide contents

Anti-Hero

You're On Your Own, Kid

Hits Different

Okayish Tier:

Hide contents

Snow On The Beach

Labyrinth

Sweet Nothing

High Infidelity

Glitch

Guilty Pleasure Tier:

Hide contents

Vigilante ****

Bad Tier:

Hide contents

Question..?

Spilled on Question being at the bottom. It's so bad

Fantastic album that aged well.  Her 5th best album.  

You cannot have an album with the songs: YOYOK, would’ve, could’ve, should’ve, Midnight rain, Lavender Haze, Anti-Hero, The Great War, Mastermind, Karma, Paris, and Bigger than the whole sky without it being great. 

• Like 2

have barely touched any of her albums post lover era after first few listens... occassionally add anti-hero and cardigan to my playlists. Lover was her last good album and listenable album. 

Edited by babyboy1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.