if Midnights becomes Taylors 4th AOTY Win, will the Grammys Lose or Gain credibility?

tili33

if Midnights becomes Taylors 4th AOTY Win, will the Grammys Lose or Gain credibility?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. if Midnights becomes Taylors 4th AOTY Win, will the Grammys Lose or Gain credibility?

• the Grammys will Lose credibility
    • the Grammys will Gain credibility
    • same level -

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• What_A_Mess

• tili33

• JaXXXon

Lose it. 

folklore deserved the win. 

1989 and fearless were great albums but other albums deserved it more that year. 

Red and Evermore should've won ngl

• Like 2

She shouldn’t win a grammy with that album

Both the grammys and her would lose credibility 

She needs an album with the double quality of evermore and foklore for it to make sense

Folklore was fair because is her best album 

Grammys lost credibility years ago. Did you not see the articles saying voters don’t listen to the music, some of the reasons on how they vote were disgraceful :deadbanana2:

As for Taylor. She can do way better than MIDnights but she will win because it’s Taylor Swift. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fearless, 1989, and Folklore deserved the AOTY more than any album in their respective years. They were all pivots for her. As much as I love Midnights it doesn’t deserve AOTY. A nomination is ok but a win isn’t deserved.

• Like 5

The Grammys have never had credibility

• Like 3

Just now, What_A_Mess said:

Fearless, 1989, and Folklore deserved the AOTY more than any album in their respective years. They were all pivots for her. As much as I love Midnights it doesn’t deserve AOTY. A nomination is ok but a win isn’t deserved.

No album from 2023 dominated like Midnights, though. It is the album of the year whether it's good or not, and that's the truth. 

its not even the most relevant album of the year but this his renaissance period so i could see her becoming the first act to win aoty 4 times  

would be one for the history books 

:clack:

Congrats if she wins but it’s not her best album at all, by a long shot.

She should win for her another album down the line.

Edited by I Melt Away

6 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

No album from 2023 dominated like Midnights, though. It is the album of the year whether it's good or not, and that's the truth. 

Since when are the Grammy's dictated by what dominated the year? Wouldn't that be the Billboard awards?

• Haha 1

Yes, I mean, so far only Folklore was deserved and Midnights is not her best effort so...

why are we acting like they have any credibility to begin with :rip: if they reward midnights w AOTY its gonna just further prove that they are a circus. esp when she has far better albums that havent won.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kelsea said:

Since when are the Grammy's dictated by what dominated the year? Wouldn't that be the Billboard awards?

The Grammy awards the album of the year. Midnights is the album of the year, no matter if it's good or bad or mid or perfect or trash. It's the album that represents 2023.

I can see why she won for Fearless and Red even though other albums deserved more. Folklore def deserved it but Midnights shouldn’t even get nominated for AOTY. It’s been a year and even the better songs are stale. WCS is the only thing that came out of it that has purpose

Trust me, no one would care. People would probably nag about it for a couple of weeks and then they wouldn't even mention it.

I hope she wins her 4th AOTY for Midnights just to piss off certain people.

1 hour ago, Badgalbriel said:

I think SOS deserves it. Although CTRL is miles better. Taylor needs to make another pivot like an alternate rock influenced/RnB influenced/Dance influenced album to deserve her 4th AOTY. :coffee:

Edited by What_A_Mess

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.