Flopped album that ended/ruined MPG career... Which album flopped the hardest?

leyaris11

which one the worst.   

200 members have voted

1. 1. Which album flopped the hardest?

• Katy Perry - Witness
    • Christina Aguilera - Bionic
    • Lady Gaga - Artpop

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leyaris11

• Blue Rose

• Aethereal

• Valance

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, leyaris11 said:

Well, for those users keep asking why I didn't include Britney Jean in the topic because BJ might a flop album but it didn't end Britney career. She managed had a top 20 bb with wb and launched a successful Vegas residency, and follow up with Glory is a nice touch. 

Xtina career is over after Bionic. :cries:

Gaga switch to jazz and doing movies after Artpop and then fail when she try comeback to pop again with Chromatica. :sorry:

Katy completely fall from grace with Witness and transformed into a clown with Smile. :priceless:

:coffee:

Except Xtina followed Bionic with Burlesque whose soundtrack charted for a year and also starred on the #1 show in America The Voice for several seasons and scored top ten hits and won GRAMMYs and Latin GRAMMYs and is *currently* nominated for Record Of The Year at the Latin GRAMMYs. Reality is hard for the Legend X haters on ATRL and especially a specific fanbase whose fave keeps embarrassing herself and is the laughing stock of social media. :coffee2:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, leyaris11 said:

Well, for those users keep asking why I didn't include Britney Jean in the topic because BJ might a flop album but it didn't end Britney career. She managed had a top 20 bb with wb and launched a successful Vegas residency, and follow up with Glory is a nice touch. 

Gaga switch to jazz and doing movies after Artpop and then fail when she try comeback to pop again with Chromatica. :sorry:

Katy completely fall from grace with Witness and transformed into a clown with Smile. :priceless:

:coffee:

Then why her residency bombed and was cancelled and the follow-up album tanked so hard she no longer has the demand for another one anymore? :skull:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, leyaris11 said:

Katy completely fall from grace with Witness and transformed into a clown with Smile. :priceless::coffee:

The audacity to insinuate Britney career was in a better state than Gaga's after the horrific flop in all fronts that was BJ, which literally sent her to has beens land:laugh:

Not only ASIB was a colossal triumph without mentionning the countless accolades,but Chromatica also outsold both BJ and Glory combined,had a huge hit and sold out stadium tour...... A quick reality check for the Britney delulu :dies:

OT: Britney Jean is the only valid answer here cause every girl in the OP managed to stay active in some kind of way, some ended up alone in their mansion playing with knives :cm:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Year-End Billboard 200:

Witness - #91

Bionic - #139

Artpop - #35

Artpop and Witness not only did better but they at least had 1 decent hit while Bionic was a flop in multiple metrics - singles, critical acclaim, sales 

• Like 3

'Bionic' is the worst album and worts flop out of these three.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Valance said:

The gift

This is such a flop post because it took me a second to realize who you were trying to shade :deadbanana4:

edit: Bionic wrote the rule book on flopping but Witness was the most unexpected. Art pop was predictable because the iTunes festival performance revealed that the album didn’t have any smash :rip:

Edited by Blue Rose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

This is such a flop post because it took me a second to realize who you were trying to shade :deadbanana4:

the album is that forgettable huh

IMG_3960.thumb.gif.e1f5b10dc6dc8e9f9ac85

Edited by Valance

Bionic is the OG iconic flop album, but Witness is the most catastrophic imo. Katy went from being one of the biggest hitmakers in a generation to… well…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bionic. It is always funny seeing people act like it was ahead of its time. This is basically a collection of demos, no direction, no concept, every song feels like 5 minutes. You have generic EDM, generic M.I.A, generic ballads, terrible urban songs like woohoo and the infinite terrible woohoo loop, boring as hell bonus like birds of pray and all seem undone and demo like. Like she was searching for musica identity and didnt find it.

It was ahead of nothing. It deserved to flop starting with that reductive Madonna homage lead video.

Edited by Antikythera
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Valance said:

the album is that forgettable huh

IMG_3960.thumb.gif.e1f5b10dc6dc8e9f9ac85

The album flopped but did it end Beyoncé’s career? That’s the part of this very easy assignment you failed 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

Bionic. It is always funny seeing people act like it was ahead of its time. This is basically a collection of demos, no direction, no concept, every song feels like 5 minutes. You have generic EDM, generic M.I.A, generic ballads, terrible urban songs like woohoo and the infinite terrible woohoo loop, boring as hell bonus like birds of pray and all seem undone and demo like. Like she was searching for musica identity and didnt find it.

It was ahead of nothing. It deserved to flop starting with that reductive Madonna homage lead video.

This post deserve a medal... :1stplace:

She thought she did something with that album. :suburban:

Edited by leyaris11

16 hours ago, LiamVillain said:

where is (L)over?

In top 10 of billboard 200. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, leyaris11 said:

This post... :1stplace:

She thought she did something with that album. :suburban:

The idea was good and I like "Monday Morning". I was actually excited for the album at the time, I thought it would be more like KGB, that I liked wheb it first came out.

Edited by Antikythera

1 minute ago, Antikythera said:

The idea was good and I like "Monday Morning". I was actually excited for the album at the time, I thought it would be more like KGB, that I liked at the time.

Xtina was trying to find her "Blackout" moments but it didn't comes out very good, plus her attitude with people around her and her fueled with lady gaga at the time weren't help either. :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

Bionic did flop the hardest, but it is the best album out of the 3.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.