Flopped album that ended/ruined MPG career... Which album flopped the hardest?

leyaris11

which one the worst.   

200 members have voted

1. 1. Which album flopped the hardest?

• Katy Perry - Witness
    • Christina Aguilera - Bionic
    • Lady Gaga - Artpop

ARTPOP is a great album no matter what anyone says. Very interesting production choices, the first four tracks is an amazing run. Bionic has good moments but very bloated. Witness very forgettable and arguably Katy suffered the most, Katy’s peak was far bigger than Xtina

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leyaris11

• Blue Rose

• Aethereal

• Valance

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Britney but it’s Britney Jean. Work B*tch is my favorite Britney song though.

OT : Bionic.. I can’t finish the whole album. out of the three, Artpop is the best

Edited by Støned

My fave should win this by a landslide cause never in this lifetime had a major superstar insult her talents the way she did with the atrocious noise collection called Bye-onic. 

A very embarrassing stain to her discography and by far the worst album by a pop girl EVER. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Bionic and Witness. Artpop was about to, more for the era itself than the songs, but she contained the damages doing other things

Well, for those users keep asking why I didn't include Britney Jean in the topic because BJ might a flop album but it didn't end Britney career. She managed had a top 20 bb with wb and launched a successful Vegas residency, and follow up with Glory is a nice touch. 

Xtina career is over after Bionic. :cries:

Gaga switch to jazz and doing movies after Artpop and then fail when she try comeback to pop again with Chromatica. :sorry:

Katy completely fall from grace with Witness and transformed into a clown with Smile. :priceless:

:coffee:

Edited by leyaris11
  • Haha 2

If it's which one flopped the hardest the answer is clearly Bionic.

If it's which one is the worst, none of these albums are that bad in reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shimenawa said:

Where are MDN/A, Britney Jeans and Glitter??

The OP knows the polls would explode with Britney Jean. So he wouldn’t dare.

9 minutes ago, leyaris11 said:

Gaga switch to jazz and doing movies after Artpop and then fail when she try comeback to pop again with Chromatica. :sorry:

Chromatica had a #1 single, another top 5, and a sold out stadium world tour, on top of 2 arena world tours, a bigger vegas residency, and another #1 single after ARTPOP.

Britney is one of my favs too but if you're going to exclude her for keeping her career after BJ, Gaga and Katy are both completely disqualified from this conversation on account of the hundreds of millions of dollars they've made since flopping.:bibliahh:

Edited by Century
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, leyaris11 said:

Well, for those users keep asking why I didn't include Britney Jean in the topic because BJ might a flop album but it didn't end Britney career. She managed had a top 20 bb with wb and launched a Vegas residency, and follow up with Glory is a nice touch. 

Xtina career is over after Bionic. :cries:

Katy completely fall from grace with Witness and transformed into a clown with Smile. :priceless:

:coffee:

This entire post is delusional. All the women mentioned had a hit or  moderate success after each of those eras. If Britney’s singles that plummeted off the charts in its second week are considered a career than the other women shouldn’t be mentioned. 

Bionic, unfortunately. 

Witness & ARTPOP has some popular singles, despite not being smashes, but Bionic really just came and went 

• Like 1

Witness had the most disastrous results.

Artpop had Gaga scrambling trying to find anything that could salvage what was left of her career (movies, jazz, collabs, subduing image)

Bionic was a complete BOMB all around, similar to Artpop in that it had Christina trying to save her career with a genre shift as well as a movie, but to less fruitful results. 

• Thanks 1

Christina had her day numbered with or without Bionic. Artpop damaged Gaga really hard, she could've easily perform better success-wise if the album was decent. 

• Like 1

Bionic is by the far the biggest flop on that list, followed by Witness then ARTPOP. 

• Like 2

Britney Jean and MDNA are the true answers.

Also I feel like no one gives Jenny enough credit for having the OG megaflop era. 

Jennifer_Lopez_-_Brave.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Artpop considering how awful it is and how hard Gaga fell from +10 million worldwide to scraping 4. Did I mention how abhorrently awful it is? :skull:

• Like 1

The worst Quality wise? Witness, by far. Gaga's has bops like SEXXX DREAMS, Applause, DWUW, GUY, etc. Witness has Pendulum and the title track, I guess. Bionic is excellent. Monday Morning and Elastic Love, alone.

(from best to worst)

1. Bionic

2. Chartdrop 

3. Hitless

The worst Career-ending wise? Bionic, because both Gaga and Katy recovered to varying degrees, while Christina was ERASED from Billboard and radio, outside of features. 

(from worst to best)

1. Bionic

2. Witness

3. Artdrop

Edited by modeblock
  • Like 1

Bionic was for sure one of the 1st main pop girls flops 

Witness numbers are fine.. we all remember that era I won’t call it a flop era 

• Like 1

Bionic is my favorite album out of the those, but it flopped the hardest.

Both ARTPOP and Witness spawned moderate hits and successful tours to varying degrees, even if they represented a decline for each artist. Bionic had no saving grace, Christina couldn't touch the Top 20 of Hot 100 (and that remained the case for the rest of her career) and the album was only able to be eligible for a RIAA gold certification thanks to the conversion of equivalent-units in the streaming era, it sold less than 400,000 pure sales in the US, which is very disappointing for a 2010 album.

Edited by Scars
  • Like 1

Not Witness is winning the poll and caught up by Bionic.... :priceless:

1 hour ago, KOMH said:

Witness had the most disastrous results.

Artpop had Gaga scrambling trying to find anything that could salvage what was left of her career (movies, jazz, collabs, subduing image)

Bionic was a complete BOMB all around, similar to Artpop in that it had Christina trying to save her career with a genre shift as well as a movie, but to less fruitful results. 

I agreed with this post, very good judgement and observation from the Swfities. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.